Wyred 4 Sound - Happy Labor Day sale - ends Wednesday morning ... - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wyred 4 Sound - Happy Labor Day sale - ends Monday

6, I think, as opposed to 26, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Should be a lot better I can't remember what Misho said the gain was.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Still may not have a lot of travel on the volume control but if no tube hiss should sound good. I like mine. There are several people on Audiogon using a pair of them to either vertically or horizontally bi-amp with them. If their preamp has to much gain they are putting the $99 Schitt Sys passive in-between. I still have the Rothwell's if needed but stick to using it with the STP-SE.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The gain on the ST-200 is 34 or 36. That's insane but it sounds very Job-like. I think on anything but my AG Duo, it'll be awesome.

My AkitikA GT-102 power amp is wonderful.
    Last edited by joeinid; September 3, 2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Highest sensitivity speaker I have tried it on is 93 db and is o.k. at that point with either the BHK or the W4S. I can see where it might have a problem with the Duo's. Maybe one of the Klipsch models if you still have them.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wyred 4 Sound - Happy Labor Day sale - ends Wednesday morning ...

I am thinking about grabbing a STA200 to bi-amp with. I am thinking the T+A from balanced out on the HF and the STA200 from SE out for the LF. I also have a pair of Rothwell if I have to use them.

I tried one a while back but something came up and I had to send it back. I thought it sounded great, very much a Job in my view.

BTW- I have checked out the Aura and liked it and I love the new design, but I like my Stage 2 slightly better. When a parts upgrade version of the Aura is released it might be better, but it will definitely be more money. (PS, I have not heard finally pricing, but the Aura will probably be in the Stage 2 range.)
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special w/ Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Auto System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Randy

I would try that in reverse the STA-200 on the top. I never found bottom end impact to be a strong suit of the Job circuit. What's the input sensitivity on the with the Balanced inputs of the 8? It's .65 volts on the Nuprime.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I see in the manual. I don't claim to understand it .

Eingangsempfindlichkeit nominal / Input sensitivity nominal
    Hochpegel Cinch / High level RCA: 0,7 V / 10 kΩ
    Symmetrisch XLR / Symmetric XLR: 1,4 V / 5 kΩ

I was thinking the T+A on the HF because it is such an amazing sounding amp with very good sound stage. It definitely has the European, Goldmund type speed and detail.
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special w/ Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Auto System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Try it both ways you never know. But balanced to the Amp 8 and SE to the Nuforce without the Rothwell's is a pretty big mismatch. Running both Single ended is closer but still off. For $500 just to have a different flavor to swap out may be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the input Jack. I appreciate it. I was thinking the NuForce might be a good alternative amp. Definitely the Goldmund circuit. I was reading how Goldmund had NuForce do some video applications for them so in return they helped NuForce with the amp circuit. Looks identical to the 225 with a few output transistors removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2