Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magico rack?

Re: Magico rack?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Oh man, what is an S5 MK3?
    only up to mk2? mk2 it is then
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    What would Magico recommend. one of their 50k racks or upgrading from S1 to S5 mk2?
    Going from S1 to S5 Mk2 isn't an upgrade, it's a major system change which will likely call for a component change (amps at least) for full realization of the benefits of the speaker "upgrade".

A good rack should be added to a system as soon as it is feasible since it improves any and all components. But in your example of a system change I'd have to say going from the S1 to S5 would make a bigger difference than the rack if the funds aren't available for both at the same time.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS Incoming... Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

I'm a Naim fan, and Naim owners frequently extol the virtues of (A) a proper rack and (B) the Naim rack. But A comes first.

The Naim rack, at about $1200 each level, is far from cheap but obviously not at the price point of Magico and others. It was thoughtfully designed in-house at Naim. I own it because it works visually in the room, and I'll take it on faith that it provides function. Many owners report its functional virtues, and editorializing on that takes one down "that" rabbit hole. I too do not have the facilities to do a listening test to racks the way I can with interconnects, power cords, etc.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

It's true that unlike other components it's really difficult if not impossible to audition a rack in any practical sense. Best practice IMO is to ask for guidance a dealer and/or from other audiophiles that you trust.

All I can say is that *my* rack made *my* system sound *much* better than it ever did before.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS Incoming... Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

regardless of all them positive feedback about racks….magico is calling them crap compared to Mrack

Really? In my long association of following the Magico mantra I don't recall them being overtly critical of any of their competitors. So, where is it that Magico are calling them crap compared to Mrack?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    regardless of all them positive feedback about racks….magico is calling them crap compared to Mrack
    I doubt that. Never heard a word here. Magico is very professional and focuses on what they do best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

well, i read they called EVERYTHING ELSE NOT SATISFAYNG

btw, sorry, just felt a little provocative may be

will post it when i see it again

Magico LLC is pleased to introduce the MRACK audio equipment stand. Over the past fifteen years countless amplifiers, DACs, servers, transports, turntables and cables have made their way in and out of the Magico listening room as we have prototyped and brought to market over two dozen speaker models. The cornerstones that have remained throughout it all are the Magico MRACK equipment stands. The MRACK was originally designed for our own internal R&D to maximize system performance where available options consistently fell short.

i think ist this...it was a month ago or so,

well, they say everthing else fell short….may be not excactely the same but for me it sounds that way

No, that's not what they're saying at all. Read it again. They are saying they've had a lot of stuff in and out of their listening room over the years, and the cornerstone has been the MRack. It is the one thing that has stayed. They make no comparison what-so-ever between their MRack and anybody else's rack.

well, skip the first part....its bla bla or actually its normal the rack to stay, just as normal as your chair or so will stay for a long period.

this it is:

The MRACK was originally designed for our own internal R&D to maximize system performance where available options consistently fell short.

AVAILABLE OPTION CONSISTENTLY FELL SHORT

They are not saying the other options were crap. They are saying they fell short of the performance expected.

just trying to figure out the difference and i cant

Crap means not fit for purpose. Falling short means better than crap to varying degrees, i.e. somewhere north of crap and south of state of the art. Magico aim for state of the art. I would have thought that self-evident.

ok, well explained and i think you are right.
    still, would you agree that they say something like the Mrack is better than anything else by far?
    btw i would like to point out that i am not against if they say so

lol, ist about all the psychoshiii people do belive from just basicly nothing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico rack?