Dynaudio Contour 60 - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dynaudio Contour 60

No Mike, i not demoed the speakers in advance. The same i did with the contour 3.3. With the c3.3 great surprise, with the c60 a nightmare.
    But in someway you are right. It's my fault.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david rossmann View Post
    No Mike, i not demoed the speakers in advance. The same i did with the contour 3.3. With the c3.3 great surprise, with the c60 a nightmare.
    To be fair, you arenít the first and wonít be the last to buy speakers without demoing them first. I purchased a few myself without hearing them first and they turned out to be nightmares! SF Aidaís come to mind. That being said, the new version of the Aida sounds quite a bit better. But I digress...

Anyway, I think you should just post them for sale and move on. You have lots of great options in Europe for speakers. Maybe look in your own backyard!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t lose money selling them without exhausting my dealers inventory of power amps first, even gear I cannot afford if I only to get a handle on why such well regarded speakers suck. It’s possible they’re defective from the factory, unlikely but possible.
    Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, VA Beethovens, , Hegel h360, rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    I wouldn’t lose money selling them without exhausting my dealers inventory of power amps first, even gear I cannot afford if I only to get a handle on why such well regarded speakers suck. It’s possible they’re defective from the factory, unlikely but possible.
    my problem is that my dealer is 2000 km far away. In the area i live in Italy there are no dealers at all . So it's pretty complicated to play the try and error game. The last try i will give is by replacing my old linn monobloks with one krell 400xi which i found for 1.000 euro on ebay. Let's see.

Post Thanks / Like

Krell & Dynaudio are typically a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by david rossmann View Post
    my problem is that my dealer is 2000 km far away. In the area i live in Italy there are no dealers at all . So it's pretty complicated to play the try and error game. The last try i will give is by replacing my old linn monobloks with one krell 400xi which i found for 1.000 euro on ebay. Let's see.
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Krell & Dynaudio are typically a good match.
    The Krell KAV 400xi arrived very quickly.
    The sound improved in every sense. My Linn/Phase-Linear set-up had an output of 240w x ch 4 Ohm, now i get 400 w x ch.
    However the sound is still congested towards the center. There is no air around the musical scene.
    That is one of the impressive characteristics i experience with the contour 3.3.
    Could that be a speaker positioning issue?
    Less boomy as before, bass is more controlled.
    Still missing the C3.3.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how the C60's are positioned in your room but you may to try spreading them out further and toeing them in more to try and get more focus in the center. I personally found with Dyn's due to their wide dispersion tweeters that too much toe in can cause some pretty bright highs. But that was also with C2's and not so much with C1's. The other thing you might try is even less toe in but that may take away the focus in the center imaging.

That said since Goertek took over as the majority shareholder I feel they have voiced their speakers differently. IMO instead of being a very natural sound from top to bottom they now have even deeper but sloppier lows with a more forward mids and highs. I can see where that sound would appeal to some folks but not all - like me. I also have yet to hear the new confidence cf series. As much as I loved Dyn's and I was a super hard Dyn fan to me they went off in a direction that is not my cup of tea. Could be why you prefer the C3.3. I liked the C3.4 and C5.4 but really disliked the 3.4LE. I felt to was much brighter and forward.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, 150 hours is nothing on breaking in a Dynaudio. Maybe let them play while no one is home to bother if the occasion arises to get more hours in.

They do love some current like the Krell can provide.

Is the soundstage all in the center or is it more like the mids are compressed, lack of air around instruments/vocals? I would try some experimenting with speaker placement to see if it effects your issue either way.

I thought the 60's sounded good when I heard them at the show, I think they were using Levinson. I actually heard two rooms with them. I can't remember what electronics on the other. But the show isn't like having a good sit down listen in a familiar environment.

I do hope whatever is causing the issue gets worked out, I can certainly empathize with having bought a piece of disappointing gear.
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5