Dynaudio Contour 60 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dynaudio Contour 60

I don't know the 3.3's so don't know what to say? Your logic makes sense, you liked the previous dane's so who wouldn't expect the newer model to be an improvement. Here's the catch, we get used to what our old speakers do/did better than the rest and often in the quest for sonic perfection companies engineer the personality out of the speakers.(not saying thats the case here). I, personally, gave up and got off the merry go round. picking speakers only to spend years and thousands on component matching, screw that. Buy used, compare prices, and when you find the pair you like either keep the used pair or sell them to finance a new pair in the finish you want. Over the last 5 years I went thru a half dozen full range floorstanders, getting to spend as much time as I wanted and i'm only out the gas and driving time after reselling them. I think it takes months to really get to know the sound of a pair of speakers, the rest of the time is inching them around the room while playing different tracks. Good luck brother.
    Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, VA Beethovens, , Hegel h360, rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to dynaudio contour 60 i stopped to listen to music. 500 hours break in time...that is totally insane. You have to be a fanatic and proud to be a fanatic to play that game. I'm not. I have little time to dedicate to music. This time is very precious. I just want to enjoy music. This glossy speakers are boomy too. Awful. For me dynaudio can close the production plant. I never, but never, will buy again a brand new speaker.

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are so disappointed then Im sure your Dealer will take them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    If you are so disappointed then Im sure your Dealer will take them back.
    I would be surprised considering he took our advice and broke them in for 500 hours.
    Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, VA Beethovens, , Hegel h360, rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner.

6. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they were purchased through a Dealer, and he is so unhappy that he is posting on a forum halfway around the world then Im sure he can convince his Dealer to take them back.

Post Thanks / Like

And do we know that the break-in was done as he has not acknowledged how many hours he has actually put on them only that he quit listening to them.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp and 250 amp, Fritz Carrera Be, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed the first thing i did, as soon i discovered that the divine beauty of the contour 60 is unveiled only by a 500 hours torture, was to ask the dealer to take them back. For some complicated reasons they are not willed to take them back. Probably because this speakers are a B Stock selection (they are supposed to have a finish defect which however i wasn't able to discover).
    Anyway, as stated previously they have now roughly 150 hours of break in. Most of this break in was done during the first two weeks but then my wife and my daughter told me to stop which is reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

If your dealer didn’t take them back, can they at least break them in for you?

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you demo these speakers in the store ahead of time? These speakers to me have big bass, good for rock and not much else.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Good point...the only problem is that the dealer is in sweden and i live in italy. I vould have to pay other 700 euro shipping cost. Moreover i think they will not do the job for free. If they only vould have told me in advance...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast