Wilson Chronosonic XVX - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wilson Chronosonic XVX

I had the opportunity to hear the XVX last evening and will return this evening for another go. This is one very impressive speaker. The SQ, design, build quality and execution are impeccable. Last evening was a very casual event where we Daryl Wilson played us several tracks and walked us through the new design. In addition to Daryl both his mother and Bill Peugh attended from Wilson Audio. Dan D'agostino was there, as was Karen Sumner President of Transparent and John Quick representing dCS.

As you can imagine the XVX's were powered by Dan's Relentless amps. The source was both the Vivaldi stack and the Clearaudio Statement v2 turntable and all connected by Transparent Magnum Opus cabling. I will be returning this evening for the official event to hear them again.

IMG_1194.jpg
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

2. Thanks UltraFast69, Ritmo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I had the opportunity to hear the XVX last evening and will return this evening for another go. This is one very impressive speaker. The SQ, design, build quality and execution are impeccable. Last evening was a very casual event where we Daryl Wilson played us several tracks and walked us through the new design. In addition to Daryl both his mother and Bill Peugh attended from Wilson Audio. Dan D'agostino was there, as was Karen Sumner President of Transparent and John Quick representing dCS.

As you can imagine the XVX's were powered by Dan's Relentless amps. The source was both the Vivaldi stack and the Clearaudio Statement v2 turntable and all connected by Transparent Magnum Opus cabling. I will be returning this evening for the official event to hear them again.

IMG_1194.jpg
    Sounds like you likes them?

After seeing them statically at RMAF, I look forward to hear them next week in Seattle.

Why are the Momentumís powered up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Jim. Glad you enjoyed the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they were powering the subsonic subs.

Post Thanks / Like

The demo especially the Stravinsky track was probably the best I have heard. It has been so long since my epiphany with the MBL extremes occurred and they produce a very different soundstage from the XVX. it Would not Be fair to say which is better. It has been a long time since I have had speaker envy.

7. Likes Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to attend tonight's listening session at Paragon in Ann Arbor to hear the new Wilson's. Sadly, a client meeting at the last minute necessitated my stay here in Ohio. Perhaps they'll be at AXPONA 2020 in Chicago? (*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*)

Not that I'd be able to ever afford a pair (or the other ancillary equipment listed by still-one), but it is nice to hear what is possible every now and again.
    Pass Labs XP-10, Odyssey Audio Stratos+ Monoblocks, OPPO UDP-205, Auralic Aries G1, Bryston BDA-3, Janszen zA1.1, SVS SB13-Ultra, Audioquest cabling, Panamax power conditioner

9. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The demo especially the Stravinsky track was probably the best I have heard. It has been so long since my epiphany with the MBL extremes occurred and they produce a very different soundstage from the XVX. it Would not Be fair to say which is better. It has been a long time since I have had speaker envy.
    I love the soundstage of the MBLís, the best Iíve ever listened to, totally three dimensional. Plus the treble is so natural sounding. Amazing speakers.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

11. Likes Mike, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMG_1194.jpg
    Did you have to suffer through a session listening to a turntable?
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Did you have to suffer through a session listening to a turntable?
    Just one track!
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Just one track!