Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The CH Precision I1 would be the safe bet with "proven synergy" partnered with Borresen (and Raidho) speakers. The best way would be for you to audition them both of course if at all possible.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    Marcus did you receive your Audionet Humboldt ? if so did you try it with different speakers ?
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Marcus did you receive your Audionet Humboldt ? if so did you try it with different speakers ?
    Not yet I'm afraid, but I'm hoping to get one soon.

/ Marcus, http://www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Not yet I'm afraid, but I'm hoping to get one soon.

/ Marcus, http://www.perfect-sense.se
    Looks like there is big demand.
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

ca va faire de la musique exceptionelle je pense

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    Future Speaker rig : Borresen 03 - Audionet Humboldt - Totaldac D1-Direct - Totaldac D-1 Streamer - 2 Paul Pang OCXO Quad switch.

Yes perfect compact reference rig.

How do you like your Humboldt ?
    I'm going to go audition it at the only dealer there is in my country for Audionet.

certainly its a dream machine.
    i have it only for a week now and would like to burn it in properly and play around before writing a review.

collecting cash for the bore 03 right now

certainly its a dream machine.
    i have it only for a week now and would like to burn it in properly and play around before writing a review.

collecting cash for the bore 03 right now
    Borresen 03 is the perfect choice for Humboldt.

I tried many integrated with my Raidho D1.1 speakers (before) and now with my new Børresen 01. Vitus class A and class AB, CH precision, Aavik 300 and others... But the most synergy I found with the Børresen 01 is the darTZeel 8550, simply magical!!! The warm and big sound of the 8550 gives a full sound to the "little" 01 speakers...
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Ansuz dt-c power ditribution
    Finite Elemet Master Reference
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

The darTZeel is very nice. Not surprised it is a great match for your B 01s. Enjoy!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

glad you find your pairing. the amp makes the music and the synergy with the speaker is the most critical part of higher level systems imho.

You are right ! Thanks.
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

do you find the power enough?

Yes! -20 db -18 db generally my volume listening level, not the same with the Raidho D1.1...
    Jazz and vocal is my preferred genre of music and I don't listen too loud...but this speakers even with rock give a realistic impact...
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    So what is the more accessible price point for this 2 way?
    They are thinking 15-16K w/stands
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Yesterday I spend an hour or so at my dealer listening to a set using Borresen speakers.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I guess Borresen dealers are considered an essential service and covid-19 hasn’t closed them down.
    Just jealous myself.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I guess Borresen dealers are considered an essential service and covid-19 hasn’t closed them down.
    Just jealous myself.

Larry, hope you are well. I believe the Netherlands is not in a state of full lockdown. I’ve read there is a ban on all public gatherings and rules on social distancing. As long as you keep a minimum 1.5m between you and the Borresen’s all is good.

Photo source: AFP pic, from article “Covid-19: Netherlands extends partial lockdown to June”
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Yesterday I spend an hour or so at my dealer listening to a set using Borresen speakers.

Nice. What did you think of the Borresen 03 / EMM Labs MTRX2 1KW Monobloc Amplifier combo, assuming that’s what you were listening to?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Nice. What did you think of the Borresen 03 / EMM Labs MTRX2 1KW Monobloc Amplifier combo, assuming that’s what you were listening to?
    Disclaimer: I don't want to give any wrong impressions and I might be wrong
    To be honest that is not so easy to answer. The speakers are relatively new. As far as I know they have less then 100 hours on them. The 03 reminded me a lot of the Raidho D3, not sure if I would be able to tell them apart. The 03 are very open, that tweeters is very good. Mids and lows are very precise, the acoustics of the room is not ideal for the lowest of frequencies. I spend about an hour listening to the speakers. I've heard the YG Hailey series 1 on this set before. Where IMHO the YGs are more lively and dynamic, the Borrenson are more accurate, precise. But I have a sneaky suspicion this is on part because the YGs are sealed and have less problems with the room. An early conclusion would be that the 03s are a top speakers IF you have a room that is acoustically in balance.

The EMM labs mono blocks they are something special. I've never heard anything that sound so effortless. Utter control without sounding too present. I've heard BIG mono blocks that were very expensive at a show. That sounded like they wanted to be heard and let you know that they are expensive. The EMM labs are just there and do everything perfectly.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Wen I listened first time the Børresen 01 at my dealer I didn't like, very dry sound and not so involving me in the music, I had the Raidho D1.1 at that time... Than, after 300 hours burning in the shop, they sound better, and after 100 hours more, better and better... I tried them at home and I bought!!! Now, after 500 hours they sound simply fantastic. I sold my D1.1... I suppose that the bigger 03 need even more hours to shine... I listened them in the shop and I loved, but they are too big for my listening room...

Borresen 03's now replaced with the 05, helped the dealer unpacking them today :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

The only Børresen I haven't heard ... it seems to me that 01, 02 and 03 each sound very differently ...
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    The only Børresen I haven't heard ... it seems to me that 01, 02 and 03 each sound very differently ...

Large difference between 03 and 05, if I have to put into words, the "scale" is getting larger in all aspects.

We only had an initial listening session, speakers are brand new out of the box, they will need time to fully settle.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Heard a Pr of these last year cant recall the exact model , they were fantastic , unexpected for its size the sense of scale and power ..

Regards

I think the 01...
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

I don't think so , they were floor standers, most likely an 02 or 03 ..

Regards

remove
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post

Borresen 03's now replaced with the 05, helped the dealer unpacking them today :-)
    wow! enjoy them!

Borreson introducing the Borreson Z01 monitor and the Borreson Z03 Floorstander. Coming very soon to Next Level HiFi in Wayne, IL. at a more inclusive price point. Can’t wait to hear the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define inclusive? I was impresses with the next level demo of the D1.2? at axpona 2018 until I asked Lars the price.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    Define inclusive? I was impresses with the next level demo of the D1.2? at axpona 2018 until I asked Lars the price.
    Hey Steve

The Z series will be amazing performance and covering all the bases. Especially the. Z03 with dual 8” drivers.

Pricing has been determined, but I’m waiting on the euro to US Dollar translation. I will say, as we hoped, that the pricing will be more affordable. I will guess here and do not take this as gospel. Z01 12-15K and Z03 22-25K. I’ll post when Tyler at Next a level text’s me the official pricing sheet.

Sounds good, I'm sure i'm not the only one who's curious.

Here is the pricing for the upcoming Z-Series

The speakers comes in black or white color.

Z1 = 10.000 EUR / 11.000 USD
    Z1 Stand = 2.400 EUR / 2.600 USD

Z2 = 16.000 EUR / 18.000 USD

Z3 = 23.000 EUR / 25.000 USD
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    Here is the pricing for the upcoming Z-Series

The speakers comes in black or white color.

Z1 = 10.000 EUR / 11.000 USD
    Z1 Stand = 2.400 EUR / 2.600 USD

Z2 = 16.000 EUR / 18.000 USD

Z3 = 23.000 EUR / 25.000 USD
    Thanks Emil. Best to you and your dad.

Guys what do you think about pairing Borresen 03s with Gryphon Mephisto stereo ? no preamp just DAC direct.
    Would that outperform Audionet Humboldt-Borresen 03 combo ?

Guys what do you think about pairing Borresen 03s with Gryphon Mephisto stereo ? no preamp just DAC direct.
    Would that outperform Audionet Humboldt-Borresen 03 combo ?
    Hi Thieliste.

I haven't heard any of the amplifiers in person, but read a lot good about them.
    My best bet would to test both setups with the speakers before making a call.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    Hi Thieliste.

I haven't heard any of the amplifiers in person, but read a lot good about them.
    My best bet would to test both setups with the speakers before making a call.
    IMHO Audionet Humboldt integrated has no hope against Gryphon's flagship Mephisto, just a guess but i could be wrong.
    I'm leaning towards Totaldac d1-Twelves mk2 > d1-Driver > Gryphon Mephisto stereo > Borresen 03s.
    Mephisto has much more meat on the bone sound and very organic which will be perfect match for Borresens 03s.
    What do you guys think ?

IMHO Audionet Humboldt integrated has no hope against Gryphon's flagship Mephisto, just a guess but i could be wrong.
    I'm leaning towards Totaldac d1-Twelves mk2 > d1-Driver > Gryphon Mephisto stereo > Borresen 03s.
    Mephisto has much more meat on the bone sound and very organic which will be perfect match for Borresens 03s.
    What do you guys think ?
    Gryphon Mephisto is a power amp where the Humboldt is an integrated amp. Apples and Pears in other words

I would expect Audionet to be a better match with Borresen than Gryphon in general. The overall fit and finish of the Humboldt is also in another division (if that matters to you).

/ Marcus, Perfect sense | Audio Matters
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Gryphon Mephisto is a power amp where the Humboldt is an integrated amp. Apples and Pears in other words

I would expect Audionet to be a better match with Borresen than Gryphon in general. The overall fit and finish of the Humboldt is also in another division (if that matters to you).

/ Marcus, Perfect sense | Audio Matters
    Marcus have you tried pairing your Humboldt with Borresen 02 or 03 and if so what is the result ?
    I still think Gryphon class A with Borresen speakers would sound nice, unfortunalely i don't know any dealers carrying both brands to make an audition.
    I'm aware Humboldt is end game integrated but with an integrated your system is closed, no upgrade path of any sort.
    Cheers.

I'm running a Zena pre and an Antileon Evo Stereo Amp into Borresen 02s and IMHO it sounds fantastic .......

Marcus have you tried pairing your Humboldt with Borresen 02 or 03 and if so what is the result ?
    I still think Gryphon class A with Borresen speakers would sound nice, unfortunalely i don't know any dealers carrying both brands to make an audition.
    I'm aware Humboldt is end game integrated but with an integrated your system is closed, no upgrade path of any sort.
    Cheers.
    What is your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Aspac View Post
    I'm running a Zena pre and an Antileon Evo Stereo Amp into Borresen 02s and IMHO it sounds fantastic .......
    Aspac, how would you describe the sound coming from your 02s and driven by the Antileon Evo ?
    I'm sure it's sounds fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    What is your budget?

150-170K yet to be determined.

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

On the integrated or amp side. Take a look at Aavik’s newly announced U180 and U280 integrated’s. These should be coming to market in July and will obviously pair very nicely with the Borreson lineup as Aavik is owned by the same company and same engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    On the integrated or amp side.

I mean total budget for the full rig cables included.

I mean total budget for the full rig cables included.
    There is an Aavik U300 for sale on Audiogon for half off. That would be an amazing synergy. At 50% off new it’s a no brainer.

No Aavik for me thanks.

No Aavik, but yes Borresen ? --> same company basically

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    No Aavik, but yes Borresen ? --> same company basically
    Yes but you don't have to like Aavik when you like Borresen, and that's my case.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers