Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

At the upcoming Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - High-end Consumer Audio Show (RMAF 2019), to be held at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, Aurora, CO from 5th to 8th September, Borresen Acoustics together with its U.S Distributor Gated HiFi Distribution will launch the latest addition to the Borresen loudspeaker range, the Z01 2 way compact monitor loudspeaker.

I’m told the Z01 which draws upon technology from the existing product range will be pitched at a more accessible price point which is a good thing considering Borresen’s current entry level loudspeaker, the Model 01 currently starts from US$30k.

Photo: Borresen’s new entry level speaker the Z01 monitor in the Borresen / Ansuz Acoustics demo room

Photo: Borresen Z01 speaker next to the current top of the range Model 05 loudspeaker. The Z01 omits the vented ribbon tweeter ports found on the Borresen Model 01 speaker

Photo: Rear of the Borresen Z01 speaker. A squarer external profile compared to the lute shape of the higher end range.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

So what is the more accessible price point for this 2 way?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    So what is the more accessible price point for this 2 way?
    I understand local market pricing will be released by Borresen's U.S distributor during the RMAF 2019 show.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I understand local market pricing will be released by Borresen's U.S distributor during the RMAF 2019 show.
    Group decision on what the market will bear?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

No we have not informed anybody yet

Sales thread is up again? Some people never learn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Sales thread is up again? Some people never learn.

A new product being a global debut at the RMAF and it's a sales thread? Give me a break. Is it any less different from this short of not being at a show?
    New Magico A series speakers announced
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I haven't had the experience of hearing the Borresen speaker line yet. But Michael Borresen is a physicist and brilliant designer of Nordost, Raidho, Ansuz and other Danish audio products. And I remember Lars Kristensen's demonstration at RMAF in 2011. The combination of the Raidho C3, Nordost cabling, and Ti Pulsar points were very impressive. I still use Nordost cabling and Pulsar Points.

I'm now using the Borresen designed Ansuz Mains8 D-TC as a key component in my Raidho D3 based audio system. The Ansuz Mains8, Darkz, IC, and PC products have improved the dynamics and resolution of the music playback sufficiently to hear very subtle fundamentals of the music reproduction such as the reverberation of strings and drum kits, sound wave from cymbals, and the air from brass instruments. The improved dynamics have also added a more lifelike character to both instruments and vocalists.

I'm very interested in following Michael Borresen's audio pursuits.
    Acoustic Frontiers Acoustic Design media room; Raidho D3; Boulder 1160; JL Audio F212v2; EMM Labs DV2; EMM Labs XDS1v2 (transport); JL Audio CR-1; Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC; Solidtech ROS; Nordost & Ansuz cabling & resonance control.
    http://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5013

This thread is not referring to any particular product, it’s attempting brand advertising on a user forum.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

This thread is not referring to any particular product, it’s attempting brand advertising on a user forum.
    +1

Also, I will never understand how it is that the speakers need to be so close to the side walls. Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

I still wonder why it is always the same Magico owners who react so aggressive when it comes to our speakers. It’s the same people who were the reason, why our Borresen thread were blocked and later on removed from this forum.. we never got an answer why. Is it because someone is afraid of the quality of the quality and performance of our products or what?

when I went to the Magico thread I wonder why you never see anyone criticizing that thread for the same.. I do have a lot of respect for Magico and their speakers. I do find that they make really good world class sounding speakers.

I still don’t understand why we get these attack and the editor of this forum allow this to happen. I do like this forum, because it gives me a lot of info regarding what’s going on in our industry both when it comes to manufacturers, dealers and customers..

in Borresen, Ansuz and Aavik we know you can’t be loved by all people.. we just hope for fair play

Dear Lars, the difference is that in the Magico thread it’s the owners speaking. In the Borresen thread it’s the brand ambassador and the manufacturer.

Very simple really, this is a user forum.

Sorry, I can’t see any difference.. and I really don’t understand your agenda ..so you really find that what you find on the Magico thread is different.. I still wonder why you are so aggressive when it comes to our products and the people who actually loves what we are doing.

Dear Lars, I do not have an agenda. I own speakers from several brands, because I enjoy music. Actually, I currently have speakers from five different manufacturers, all in active use.

Having a commercial goal is ok, but Ralph should just be open about it. It’s just the pretend user comments that are a bit disturbing, because it’s so transparent.

I have no issues with dealers, distributors or manufacturers posting on this or other forums as long as their affiliation is either obvious or we are made aware of same. Forums such as this are about the only way to get information about new products these days.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

It's good to hear that one of this brand of speakers will be more affordable.
    While sounding good, I thought the pricing on the 01 to be insane.
    Perhaps in 5-10 years I might be able to afford a used pair (Maybe).
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Don't worry. Resale on them is 25 cents on the dollar so you don't need to wait that long. Plus if look a little, you can usually get close to 1/2 off from dealers on new ones.

I love the Radio sound. They are awesome. I have very limited experience - once for 10 minutes at a show with the Borresen speakers. Show sound is so unreliable - so who knows? I suspect they would sound good at the house. But ???????

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    It's good to hear that one of this brand of speakers will be more affordable.
    While sounding good, I thought the pricing on the 01 to be insane.
    Perhaps in 5-10 years I might be able to afford a used pair (Maybe).
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Don't worry. Resale on them is 25 cents on the dollar so you don't need to wait that long. Plus if look a little, you can usually get close to 1/2 off from dealers on new ones. [...]

Just to better understand your above comment Jock, do you have any evidence of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers being resold at 25 cents on the dollar? I haven’t seen any listed for sale in the 2nd hand market.

Further, has any dealer actually offered you “close to ½ off” for a pair of new Borresen speakers?

Why do you need to understand? Have you gone from being a "friend" of an owner to a Factory Rep or watchdog?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Déjà Vu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Slow learner for sure.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

My problem with a few of you guys is very simple.. you claim without proving. Ralph’s only problem is that he loves our products.. either him or others have never been on our payroll..

Dear Lars, the difference is that in the Magico thread it’s the owners speaking. In the Borresen thread it’s the brand ambassador and the manufacturer.

Very simple really, this is a user forum.

Ralph owns 01's. I own 03's and my friend Ken owns 02's with 03's on order.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I didn't hear what you guys heard in the 02's, but I thought the whole point of these forums was to brag about how great our systems sound, or ask for help getting our systems to that place? I think as long as these guys are disclosing who they are they're not breaking any rules. I know finances and my priorities will never have me owning borrensen or raidho speakers, but I still enjoy reading about them along with the other hi end speakers out there.

I know of salesmen that litter these forums touting their own brands OVER brands they don't carry without disclosing their personal interest. It's not my job to name them, they may believe what they're saying, however I find that behavior disreputable and in no way find what the founders of borrenson are posting comparable.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Why do you need to understand? Have you gone from being a "friend" of an owner to a Factory Rep or watchdog?
    Accusatory posts of this nature without proof should be banned.
    Acoustic Frontiers Acoustic Design media room; Raidho D3; Boulder 1160; JL Audio F212v2; EMM Labs DV2; EMM Labs XDS1v2 (transport); JL Audio CR-1; Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC; Solidtech ROS; Nordost & Ansuz cabling & resonance control.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by LenWhite View Post
    Accusatory posts of this nature without proof should be banned.
    Len, it’s in Kiwi’s Signature:

“Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics...”

It’s fine by me, the disclosure is there and compensation can take many forms beyond payroll. As long as everyone is aware and won’t make buying decisions based on false pretenses, it’s all good with me.

Carry on...
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

“Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics...”

It’s fine by me, the disclosure is there and compensation can take many forms beyond payroll. As long as everyone is aware and won’t make buying decisions based on false pretenses, it’s all good with me.

Carry on...
    Thanks Mike.

I am an owner of the Borresen 02's and a soon to be owner of the 03's. This will be a big change for my wife and I not only in the size differences between the two but also in the additional cost of the upgrade. We however can afford it and are super excited. My wife loves the 02's but for me they simply lacked a little punch in the lower end which is why I am opting for the 03's. The upgrade I am making is pretty much for the pleasure of my wife who listens to music much more then I do. As a retired organist she loves listening to her many organ recordings, (chorals, toccatas, prelude and fugue's....) in addition to her love of all classical music. I am hoping the new 03's will fit well in our small living room and give us both the ultimate in listening pleasure. This has been a great hobby for me lasting well over 40 years but as we both are getting a little longer in the tooth it will probably be our last major stereo upgrade.

One last thing, I just don't understand all the haters on this thread. The title says Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers. I see no one trying to sell or promote a Borresen product but doing more so as an information guide for the masses. My gosh how many times does Lars have to tell people that he doesn't have anyone on their payroll trying to promote/sell their stuff. If Ralph were truly on the take I would expect him to have the 05's and every type of of Supreme cables, accessories ... available. Please lets keep things civil. If you don't like the Borresen line of products that's fine but let the rest of us enjoy this thread without the nastiness.

Thanks for your time, Ken.

Don't worry. Resale on them is 25 cents on the dollar so you don't need to wait that long. Plus if look a little, you can usually get close to 1/2 off from dealers on new ones.

Just to better understand your above comment Jock, do you have any evidence of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers being resold at 25 cents on the dollar? I haven’t seen any listed for sale in the 2nd hand market.

Further, has any dealer actually offered you “close to ½ off” for a pair of new Borresen speakers?

Well, Jock’s D5 is on sale at less than 20 cents on the dollar.

Carry on...
    With all due respect Mike, I don't think you would be so charitable if a poster implied you were being disingenuous with your support of the products you sell. Len

Quote Originally Posted by pegken View Post
    I am an owner of the Borresen 02's and a soon to be owner of the 03's. This will be a big change for my wife and I not only in the size differences between the two but also in the additional cost of the upgrade. We however can afford it and are super excited. My wife loves the 02's but for me they simply lacked a little punch in the lower end which is why I am opting for the 03's. The upgrade I am making is pretty much for the pleasure of my wife who listens to music much more then I do. As a retired organist she loves listening to her many organ recordings, (chorals, toccatas, prelude and fugue's....) in addition to her love of all classical music. I am hoping the new 03's will fit well in our small living room and give us both the ultimate in listening pleasure. This has been a great hobby for me lasting well over 40 years but as we both are getting a little longer in the tooth it will probably be our last major stereo upgrade.

One last thing, I just don't understand all the haters on this thread. The title says Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers. I see no one trying to sell or promote a Borresen product but doing more so as an information guide for the masses. My gosh how many times does Lars have to tell people that he doesn't have anyone on their payroll trying to promote/sell their stuff. If Ralph were truly on the take I would expect him to have the 05's and every type of of Supreme cables, accessories ... available. Please lets keep things civil. If you don't like the Borresen line of products that's fine but let the rest of us enjoy this thread without the nastiness.

Thanks for your time, Ken.
    Ken wait until you hear how much more clarity there is in the mids.
    George

Audioshark

With all due respect Mike, I don't think you would be so charitable if a poster implied you were being disingenuous with your support of the products you sell. Len
    Len, that makes no sense. Until we called him out, Ralph was seemingly JUST a happy owner. I’m afraid the Internet is becoming a place where compensated shills are showing up acting as “just” consumers. I know this for a FACT. Ralph has acknowledged this material connection in his signature and that’s good enough for me.

But let’s move on...

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Len, that makes no sense. Until we called him out, Ralph was seemingly JUST a happy owner. I’m afraid the Internet is becoming a place where compensated shills are showing up acting as “just” consumers. I know this for a FACT. Ralph has acknowledged this material connection in his signature and that’s good enough for me.

But let’s move on...

I wasn't aware of that background. But I still don't like the tone of posts such as I referenced. There's no need for snide remarks as it only served to degrade the conversation. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Ken wait until you hear how much more clarity there is in the mids.
    I'm not surprised at the additional clarity given Borresen's emphasis on the A/C supply and resonance control.

It appears someone does not get the point here.

Mike is a vendor, who is representing several brands, which is perfectly ok. Lars is one of the owners of Borresen, which is transparent to everyone, which is equally fine.

But Ralph is pretending to be just an owner, while being compensated for his brand ambassadorship. Thus, he is not one of us, as he is a commercial agent. The pretend game is dishonest, and I am pretty sure he has harmed Borresen more, than he has helped it. No-one in their sane mind is putting tens of thousands in a dishonest brand.

Very clear, very simple.

Mike is a vendor, who is representing several brands, which is perfectly ok. Lars is one of the owners of Borresen, which is transparent to everyone, which is equally fine.

But Ralph is pretending to be just an owner, while being compensated for his brand ambassadorship. Thus, he is not one of us, as he is a commercial agent. The pretend game is dishonest, and I am pretty sure he has harmed Borresen more, than he has helped it. No-one in their sane mind is putting tens of thousands in a dishonest brand.

Very clear, very simple.

From Mike's post I understand it's now clear from Ralph's signature what his position is relative to Borrsen. So why the continued decisiveness?

Misspelled the word deviseiveness.

Misspelled the word deviseiveness.
    Divisiveness would be the word you are looking for.

Indeed.

Very clear, very simple.

Prove it. IMO opinion as a owner of Borresen 03 speakers all I can say is they beat all other brands including Magico. Everyone has their own opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    George

Hmm. Not sure what to make of that comment.

Maybe you would like to just read the thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Prove it. IMO opinion as a owner of Borresen 03 speakers all I can say is they beat all other brands including Magico. Everyone has their own opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    That’s kiddish. Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Including you.
    George

First - I should have said here in the United States. I have NO experience of sales outside of here.

I have not looked for any Borresen used for sale. But here in the USA, typically a current product that is in great condition will sell for approximately what a dealer can buy it for new . +- a little. That applies to stereo equipment, watches, etc etc. Not a knock on the product what so ever. Just how things typically work. With Raidho it's been that way for years. I've been told that Borresen has the same pricing structure. No reason to believe it will be any different.

And yes - I was offered a pair of 01s at 40% of retail price. (yes that's 60% off). I almost bought a pair. And might still do so once I sell my D5s.

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Dear all,

As I made clear in an earlier and since deleted thread I am not a hired “brand ambassador” for Borresen Acoustics or affiliated brands. No material connection exists between me and the brand except for the fact I consider myself a friend of one of the company owners. I’ve not received payment, free or discounted product in return for promotional services as some seem to assume. I actually find the idea of being labelled a brand ambassador quite endearing though somewhat comical. I mean, have you read about the BMW luxury group brand ambassador driving around in a mini?

My passion for the Borresen brand is well known by frequent readers of the forum. In order not to mislead any visitors to Audioshark a personal relationship disclosure was made. The forum owner is satisfied with the disclosure – so let’s please move on.

First - I should have said here in the United States. I have NO experience of sales outside of here.

I have not looked for any Borresen used for sale. But here in the USA, typically a current product that is in great condition will sell for approximately what a dealer can buy it for new . +- a little. That applies to stereo equipment, watches, etc etc. Not a knock on the product what so ever. Just how things typically work. With Raidho it's been that way for years. I've been told that Borresen has the same pricing structure. No reason to believe it will be any different.

And yes - I was offered a pair of 01s at 40% of retail price. (yes that's 60% off). I almost bought a pair. And might still do so once I sell my D5s.
    My local Borresen dealer claims he has never had the good fortune to meet you, talk to you or quote you. Nor is he in a position to offer a discount on Borresen speakers without a trade-in credit.
    George

It has been my understanding that it is not considered appropriate to discuss discounts or margins on this or just about any of the sites I peruse or participate.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

You are right and I apologize. I was out of line.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    It has been my understanding that it is not considered appropriate to discuss discounts or margins on this or just about any of the sites I peruse or participate.
    Jock

---------

You are right and I apologize. I was out of line.

Sorry.
    Hi Jock,

No apology is necessary as far as I’m concerned. As always, I appreciate your candor.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post

Jim, you raise a good point. I was not aware of any Audioshark site specific policies around this and perhaps Mike could comment?

I absolutely agree that raising public discussion on topics like discounts, product & channel margins and pricing policy should not be encouraged, though I’ve seen it in a number of Audioshark threads, most recently PS Audio – so perhaps its considered ok here?

Speaking generally, I don’t imagine dealers would be happy to have discounts which they have offered in private made public. Equally, if principals or distributors learn through public forums that dealers are acting outside of agreed policy – that can have significant consequences for all concerned parties.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team