Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike any chance did you hear the Borresen Z01's?
    Hi George. No, I didn't get a chance to listen to them, that room was packed full when I walked by. Meant to go back for a listen but got sidetracked with other rooms before I had to leave.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Mike any chance did you hear the Borresen Z01's?
    George. They’ve really opened up since Friday. Keep in mind they had zero hours in them Friday. Today had a 30 min listen before people arrived. Sounds much better and low end opened up a bit more today. Baby Borreson does it justice. Nice soundstage. 2020 can’t come soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers room.

In addition to the level 3, Willow Lake Room 5 (a very large room); Borresen also has a further standard size room on level 4, room 4118, I believe.

Products from Ansuz Acoustics can additionally be found in room 4117.

Did you ask them your question on the Ansuz Acoustics Power Switch i.e. why they chose to integrate a LAN switch with a power box for cables?
    Fritz said efficiency supported by a large power supply - still didn’t make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Fritz said efficiency supported by a large power supply - still didn’t make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm. OK. That doesn't mean much to me either. I'll ask Ansuz Acoustics the question and post the reply in the Ansuz cables and accessories thread. https://www.audioshark.org/cables-20...ries-2488.html
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

I just got back from RMAF last night and I was looking for reviews of the Borresen 01 when I stumbled on this website. I heard the 01's on Friday and the Z01's on Saturday. The 01's bowled me over and were one of the standout speakers at the show IMHO. These magical compact monitors produced a wide, deep and surprisingly tall soundstage with a beautiful transparency. At times it was spooky how much they sounded like the vocalist was in the very large room with us. It seems like they demonstrators put a lot of effort in noise control. I was less impressed with the Z01's as they seemed more congested in the midrange. I feel like the much smaller room without any effective room treatments played a significant role in my overall impression with that system. I wish Borresen had brought some of their floorstanding models as well.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by evodude919 View Post
    I just got back from RMAF last night and I was looking for reviews of the Borresen 01 when I stumbled on this website. I heard the 01's on Friday and the Z01's on Saturday. The 01's bowled me over and were one of the standout speakers at the show IMHO. These magical compact monitors produced a wide, deep and surprisingly tall soundstage with a beautiful transparency. At times it was spooky how much they sounded like the vocalist was in the very large room with us. It seems like they demonstrators put a lot of effort in noise control. I was less impressed with the Z01's as they seemed more congested in the midrange. I feel like the much smaller room without any effective room treatments played a significant role in my overall impression with that system. I wish Borresen had brought some of their floorstanding models as well.

Welcome to Audioshark. Thanks for joining and for sharing your thoughts on the Børresen 01 speakers.

I spoke last evening with the CEO of Borresen Acoustics and he said RMAF was a fantastic show for the company with a lot of positive feedback received on the Model 01 speakers – with many expressing surprise how such a small loudspeaker could produce such a stress free and “life like” vocal performance in a large 1600+ sq. ft. room.

Having owned these speakers now for some time I would say they are one of the deepest imaging speakers I’ve heard. It doesn’t seem to matter how far you out from the front wall you position them, they fill the space with a deep, wide and tall sound-stage and positioned correctly the music simply envelops, surrounds and embraces.

I understand from Jeff’s post above the Borresen Z-01’s had zero hours on them prior to arrival at the show so I’m not at all surprised by your observations. Further, some audible differences between the Z01 and Model 01 speakers will come down to fact that the Borresen 01’s were powered by Aaviks latest integrated amplifier the U-380 which sports all sorts of new noise reducing technologies and is more than twice the price of the U-150 used to power the Borresen Z01 speakers.

Photo: Aavik U-380 integrated amplifier. This is a significant update of the Aavik U-300 integrated amplifier which was released back in 2014. The Aavik U-380 has a new pre-amp based on learnings from the new C-300 series, plus incorporates a new DAC [separate DACs for PCM & DSD and four clocks], a new power supply design and the latest R&D in noise reduction. The result according to Aavik is an amplifier which excels in organic live sound.

Given the Borresen Z-01 is less than half the price of the Borresen Model 01 I imagine it will generate a lot of interest, particularly since the high resolution ribbon tweeter is common. In order to fairly compare both models one would need them to be in the same room and system and such comparison is not likely to be independently available till early 2020.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Please ask your local Ansuz Acoustics dealer for pricing. Indicatively, the base model Ansuz PowerSwitch is circa US$2.4k
    Thanks.

From your info above, I'll be going with the Uptone Audio EtherREGEN for ~$630.

Below is a snippet of Jason Victor Serinus [Stereophile Magazine] comments on the Borresen Acoustics level 3 Room at the recent Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - High-end Consumer Audio Show (RMAF 2019). The link to the full article is here:
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/...transport-d-tc

The report bears some further revelations to his Florida Audio Expo Report of Feb 2019 where with a similar system [Borresen 01 speakers with Aavik U-300 amplifier] Jason noted the system “delivered some of the most spacious sound heard over my three days in Tampa.” The link to that article is here: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...-wider-day-one

Source & Acknowledgement: Snippet of Stereophile, RMAF 2019 show report, by Jason Victor Serinus, Sept 9, 2019, see above link for full report, accessed online 10th September 2019

Reviewers View, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, RMAF 2019, Show Highlights

Peter Breuninger does a lovely job with his video show reports. Both Terry Eringi and Peter Breuninger call out the Next Level AV room as being on the RMAF show highlight list.

At 5.40 in the video Terry states

“When I walked into this room, it is the largest exhibit room I think at the show, and I see these little stand mount speakers, it’s the Borresen 01, and you know they have 4 inch drivers and I thought what the hell are these guys doing? There is no room treatment, they were debuting the new U-380 integrated amp. So we sit down and Tyler of Next Level HiFi says to me I wanted to do this on purpose to show that these speakers can create a concert sound in a room this size. Well he achieved it. It was absolutely a concert without the crowds….. It was wonderful, I wanted to stay and listen to more music.” [abridged]

A couple of other interesting points from the video I’d like to comment on:

First, Peter mentions he is looking at sending his Aavik U-300 back to Denmark for an upgrade to the U-380. I was not aware that this was an option given the U-380 is a significant redesign.

Second, the music video that follows at around 8.50 demonstrates (again) the spacious sound stage the Borresen’s create. Readers should be aware that beyond the Borresen 01 speakers and the new Aavik U-380, much credit for the “giant room filling sound” as evodude919 observes in the YouTube video comments also comes down to the systems foundation – accessories (cables, distributors, resonance controls etc.) employed from Ansuz Acoustics.

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Reviewers View, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, RMAF 2019, Show Highlights, Published on 14 Sep 2019. Link to full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1almdXlkk3g accessed 19 Sept 2019. The Borresen room review starts at around 5 minute and 40 seconds.

Regarding the Aavik U-380. The U-300 can not be upgraded cause of the U-380 is actually a brand new amp where it has more or less only the cabinet in common. But our dealer will offer you to trade in the U-300

Gold Show Award for Best Sound at RMAF 2019

Here’s one for the books. One of smallest speakers at the RMAF 2019 show – in the one of the largest rooms at the show, 1682 square foot in size or approx. 24,000 cubic feet in volume for those that need to know, was part of a system that has just won AV Showrooms GOLD SHOW AWARD for best sound at the show.

That speaker? The standmount Borresen Model 01. All 14½ inches of it.

We’ve known for some time that Borresen speakers can sound great when positioned very close to side walls. This award perhaps affirms that Borresen speakers can sound equally great when located far away from any wall – in a near “free-space” location. In practice, a loudspeaker placed on a stand far away from a room’s walls can be considered to be in free space.

The other interesting observation about placing loudspeakers in free-space is that the relative lack of room reinforcement means the speakers need to be driven harder to achieve a desired SPL at a given listening position. Clearly Borresen speakers – even it seems the compact entry level ones – can handle higher power inputs needed to effortlessly achieve “concert level sound” (see below quote) in large listening spaces.

To add some perspective, a photo of the speaker and room is below.

Photo credit: Next Level Audio & Video, Wayne, Illinois 60184, 7th September 2019. Tiny Borresen 01 speakers in an enormous suite (one of three rooms Next Level AV had at the successful show) at RMAF 2019

In her show report Terry Eringi, Exec. Producer and Senior Editor of AVShowrooms notes:

Tyler Mueller, proprietor of Next Level HiFi along with Lars Kristensen of Aavik/Ansuz delivered one of the best sounding exhibit rooms, I had the pleasure visiting at RMAF 2019. Debuting, was the U380 Aavik integrated amplifier that includes 2 DACS and a phonostage. The amplifier was significantly more organic sounding than the U300 without sacrificing any of the detail. The loudspeakers, the Borresen .01 standmounts, the smallest LS in the Borresen lineup was set up in the largest exhibit room at the show. This brave and aggressive experiment was a resounding success. Tyler proved that these little guys could fill a big room with concert level sound, effortlessly. We played two female vocal tracks, “All about You” and “Liberty”; the voices were hanging in space in the center of the room and the sound was enhanced by the large space.”

Borresen Z-01, Gold Show Award from Part-Time Audiophile

Photo: Gated HiFi Distribution Room at RMAF 2019 show. Source & Acknowledgement – Part-Time Audiophile; “Ansuz Acoustics, Børresen Acoustics, Kudos Audio, Aavik Acoustics, Naim Audio, Gated Hi-Fi | RMAF 2019”, Posted on September 22, 2019 by Eric Franklin Shook™ in RMAF 2019. Accessed online 26th Sept 2019

The Borresen Z-01 loudspeaker has been labelled an “absolute assassin” at its US$12k price point by Eric Franklin Shook™, a writer / reviewer / photojournalist with Part-Time Audiophile.

The use of the term “assassin” to describe the speakers is “interesting” to say the least. Perhaps Eric thinks the Borresen Z-01 is set to “murder” the competition?

Jesting aside, I understand the Borresen Z-01 as seen at RMAF was a prototype and Michael Borresen will take show feedback into consideration when finalizing the production design for the speaker and stands prior to commercial shipping in Q1 2020. It will be interesting in due course to hear how the Borresen Z-01 stacks up against the Tidal Audio’s Vimberg Amea (US$14k), as mentioned by Eric; and Raidho’s TD 1.2 (US$24k).

Eric’s comment is below:

“The new Børresen Acoustics Z-01 is an absolute assassin at this price point. With so many ultra-high-end brands debuting bookshelf speakers in this price range almost monthly, none off the top of my head, maybe other than Vimberg, have impressed me more than the new Z-01. The trickle down technology from the B-01 has stuck the landing, and earned a gold from me at RMAF 2019.”

The complete article can be read here:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/...-fi-rmaf-2019/

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Title: “Next Level HiFi, Borresen 01 Loudspeakers, Aavik Acoustics U 380, Ansuz Acoustics, Show Winner, RMAF” Posted on YouTube Sep 27, 2019.

I’ve got to thank Peter Breuninger for introducing and championing some great music. In this above video from RMAF 2019 the show winning Borresen / Aavik / Naim and Ansuz system plays “All about you” by Swedish singer-songwriter Sophie Zelmani. What a beautiful piece of acoustic folk music!

You know how it is when a piece of music speaks to you. I was straight onto Amazon to order the CD. I just hope I ordered the right one. The CD cover is different to that shown in the AVShowrooms video.

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Title: “Next Level HiFi, Borresen 01 Loudspeakers, Aavik Acoustics U 380, Ansuz Acoustics, Show Winner, RMAF” Posted on YouTube Sep 27, 2019.

I’ve got to thank Peter Breuninger for introducing and championing some great music. In this above video from RMAF 2019 the show winning Borresen / Aavik / Naim and Ansuz system plays “All about you” by Swedish singer-songwriter Sophie Zelmani. What a beautiful piece of acoustic folk music!

You know how it is when a piece of music speaks to you. I was straight onto Amazon to order the CD. I just hope I ordered the right one. The CD cover is different to that shown in the AVShowrooms video.

Kiwi

It’s the same song/album that Lars has on his 2019 sampler. Great song for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning on replacing my Thiel CS 3.7s by Borresen 02s and therefore looking at a good integrated amp match to drive them, thinking of the CH Precision I1, Dartzeel CTH-8550 mkll or Vitus SIA-030.
    I will be using external DAC.
    Any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    I'm planning on replacing my Thiel CS 3.7s by Borresen 02s and therefore looking at a good integrated amp match to drive them, thinking of the CH Precision I1, Dartzeel CTH-8550 mkll or Vitus SIA-030.
    Any suggestions ?
    The obvious choice would be the Aavik U-300 or the new U-380 from the same design team as the speakers. Other than that we've got great synergy with CH Precision here in Stockholm. Dartzeel and Vitus should work to, but will give you a different flavor. Listening is key - as always.

/ Marcus, http://www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The obvious choice would be the Aavik U-300 or the new U-380 from the same design team as the speakers. Other than that we've got great synergy with CH Precision here in Stockholm. Dartzeel and Vitus should work to, but will give you a different flavor. Listening is key - as always.

/ Marcus, http://www.perfect-sense.se
    I Marcus, thanks for your reply did you try the CH i1 with one of the Borresen speakers ?
    Are the Borresens no too difficult to drive so that it is possible to drive them well with a good integrated ?
    I have been told the 02s is the sweet spot in the Borresen line and they image much better than the 01s.

Also please give me your take on Ypsilon Phaeton if paired with Borresen thanks.

Any suggestions ?

Congrats on the in-coming Borresen 02 speakers.

Based on the impedance plot for 02 speakers [below] which shows impedance dipping down to around 3 ohms at low frequencies, though with superb phase linearity, you may wish to focus on integrated amplifiers with good current handling capabilities and a robust power supply design.

All three of your options, the CH Precision I1, Dartzeel CTH-8550 mkll and Vitus SIA-030 look at first glance to comply so it really comes down to subjective preference after listening to the various combinations.

For what its’ worth – which isn’t much – based on an audition I had with the SIA-030’s smaller brother the SIA-025 I feel Borresen speakers really shine with higher powered Class A amplification. YMMV.

Chart: Impedance and phase plot of Borresen 02 loudspeakers. Blue line represents impedance; maxima 25 ohms @ 1.76KHz, 26.5 degrees phase , minima approx. 3.7ohms at 110Hz. Red line plots phase showing a high level of linearity across the frequency range. Source: Borresen Acoustics ApS

Photo: Srajan Ebaen of sixmoons.com has reviewed the Borresen 02 speakers and this photo is taken from his review. See https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/borresen/

Congrats on the in-coming Borresen 02 speakers.

Based on the impedance plot for 02 speakers [below] which shows impedance dipping down to around 3 ohms at low frequencies, though with superb phase linearity, you may wish to focus on integrated amplifiers with good current handling capabilities and a robust power supply design.

All three of your options, the CH Precision I1, Dartzeel CTH-8550 mkll and Vitus SIA-030 look at first glance to comply so it really comes down to subjective preference after listening to the various combinations.

For what its’ worth – which isn’t much – based on an audition I had with the SIA-030’s smaller brother the SIA-025 I feel Borresen speakers really shine with high quality Class A amplification. YMMV.

Chart: Impedance and phase plot of Borresen 02 loudspeakers. Blue line represents impedance; maxima 25 ohms @ 1.76KHz, 26.5 degrees phase , minima approx. 3.7ohms at 110Hz. Red line plots phase showing a high level of linearity across the frequency range. Source: Borresen Acoustics ApS

Photo: Srajan Ebaen of sixmoons.com has reviewed the Borresen 02 speakers and this photo is taken from his review. See https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/borresen/
    Kiwi thanks for your input, a agree the SIA-030 might be a good choice for the 02s.
    If Class A works well with Borresen speakers do you think SET amp like the Aries Cerat Genus 25w would be up to the task to drive them ?

IMHO the Aries Cerat Genus is a gorgeous amplifier but 25 Watts is not adequate for the Børresen speakers if music tastes are broad and include rock or orchestral music played at anything approaching live listening levels.

Hi guys, i will try to make the effort to purchase the 03s and not have to upgrade speakers anymore, therefore i need to know what kind of integrated amp will be up to the task for this level of speakers.
    I'm wondering if the Technical Brain Int would match tonaly and have enough juice.
    I don't want the Aavik U-380 because i don't need the internal DAC.
    The Momentum Integrated is most likely the best option if budget permits.

The Aavik U150 can be bought without the dac or phono stage. Have you considered a pre owned U300?
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

In this recent interview in Hong Kong Michael Borresen answers a number of questions about his loudspeaker design philosophy.

Questions answered include:

Why it was important to remove iron from drivers?

How low inductance in speakers reduces phase shift in the bass and make it easier for an amplifier to drive speakers

What are the problems with bass ports and how Borresen addresses them?

Why Borresen prefers bass reflex speaker designs over sealed cabinets?

Why Borresens 01 stands are low mass, light and purposely designed to transmit energy to the floor?

Why Borresen completely avoids aluminium materials for loudspeaker cabinets

Here's a rather generic question -- how do Borreson speakers produce great sound with what looks to me rather small cabinet volumes? Other speakers in their price range (not that that's the only relevant marker) have much larger cabinet volumes, right?
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

larger footprints and drivers that have larger diameter drivers to push larger amounts of air should be more efficient and be able to play deeper, right?
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

I think a lot has to do with taking the iron out of the magnet. Mike explains it pretty good in the video above.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I think a lot has to do with taking the iron out of the magnet. Mike explains it pretty good in the video above.
    I got out of the video that removing the iron does a few things, but not related to volume of air moved by the driver, which I think of as directly relevant to cabinet volume. He talks about the iron with respect to phase angle, etc.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

Speed or volume. These days it seems most designers build their floor standers to be coherent and articulate to 80 maybe 60hz expecting the bottom 2 octaves will be handed off to a sub. Thje true 'full range' speakers are too expensive for most of us, how bout that VSR review by TAS?
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Borresen 03s beeing very expensive i need to look at integrated amp options if i cannot afford CH Precision separates and top of the line Totaldac.
    Which of Vitus SIA-030 or CH Precision I1 would be the best match for the 03s ?

Borresen 03s beeing very expensive i need to look at integrated amp options if i cannot afford CH Precision separates and top of the line Totaldac.Which of Vitus SIA-030 or CH Precision I1 would be the best match for the 03s ?
    The CH Precision I1 would be the safe bet with "proven synergy" partnered with Borresen (and Raidho) speakers. The best way would be for you to audition them both of course if at all possible.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

The CH Precision I1 would be the safe bet with "proven synergy" partnered with Borresen (and Raidho) speakers. The best way would be for you to audition them both of course if at all possible.

Hi Marcus, the I1 is no problem i know very well the dealer he will lend me his, regarding the Vitus it will be much more complicated to get one on loan.
    By the way i did go audition the I1 at my dealers once again just a month ago, great experience!
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

question about the optional colors.
    does that include the front baffle? i mean 1 color all around the speaker.

i was just thinking and ended up in claudi bibi velvet dark green
    https://www.wilhelminadesigns.com/en...ark-green.html
    all black looks too massive to me and serial 2 color is one color too much for my taste. all wood would be beautiful as well if possible.
    i think the frontbaffle is wood, but maybe the direction of the fibers is different to the sidewalls.
    b3 in bibi-velevet dark green, what do you think?

unluckly the link displays the cushion with the two birds,
    the color i find cool is the cushion to the bottom left, the one with plane color

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    question about the optional colors.
    does that include the front baffle? i mean 1 color all around the speaker.

That might be a good question to directly ask the factory or your Borresen dealer.

Usually the custom colours are for the cabinet. The front metal faceplate, speaker baffles and surrounds are fixed in a dark gray / light black colour.

With color selection you need to consider what you like, your existing décor and the impact of colour on resale value.

I haven’t personally seen any custom colour Borresen speakers but imagine they’d follow what they did at Raidho. Seen below for example is the D-series Raidho in a custom colour, Lamborghini green.

thx kiwi!

ahh, the front faceplate is out of metal. i thought it was wood. that makes it very difficult to match the colors perfectly. and would cost a lot more. and the producer would need to agree to the extra step as well.
    however, an all around bibi-velvet dark green b3 is just flashing me there in the middle of the brain.
    i do think the shape of the b2 and b3 has the best potential for biggest WAF......and my wife says she doesnt like the look. i think its because the 2 color puzzled her perception.

if you scroll down a little, a b2 in all black
    https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/borresen/3/

i need to add, i have never seen a borresen-speaker in real....so what do i comment, lol

about resale value, you are right to mention it. well, usually you pay more and get less when you sell it. you can bring things down close to unsellable with your very own individuality, a brown car with orange seats etc

Florida Audio Expo 2020

Borresen Acoustics together with sister concerns; Ansuz & Aavik Acoustics will be demonstrated by North American distributor; Gated HiFi Distribution at the upcoming Florida Audio Expo.

February 7-9, 2020
    Friday and Saturday 10:00 – 6:00
    Sunday 10:00- 5:00

Embassy Suites by Hilton
    555 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609

The room is 1013 on the 10th floor.

I understand (though I’ve only heard this 2nd hand, so it may not be correct) a similar system to last year will be displayed; Borresen 01 speakers, Aavik U-380 integrated amp/DAC, a Naim CD5XS CDP used as a transport and top of the line Ansuz accessories, including PowerSwitch D-TC Supreme, Mainz8 DTC Supreme etc.

Below is a video by AVShowroom’s of last year’s Florida Audio Expo 2019 system.

And this one also from AVShowroom’s from the RMAF 2019 show.

Florida Audio Expo 2020

Here are some photos from the Borresen / Ansuz / Aavik Acoustics room at the Florida Audio Expo 2020.

Lars Kristensen, CEO of the above high end audio brands together with Emil Kristensen have flown in from Denmark especially for the show. Gated HiFi Distribution is represented by Dana Mueller and Amy Wollack.

Confirmed now, on demonstration is a complete Ansuz foundation including the latest PowerSwitch D-TC, Mainz 8 DTC Supreme distributor and the new Ansuz resonator which can be seen sitting on top of several components.

Source is a Naim CDP used as a transport and separate Naim streamer, connected to the latest Aavik U-380 integrated amplifier and DAC. The speakers are Borresen Model 01’s.

The lads from Borresen Acoustics are liking the Embassy Suite rooms, which were originally built as condominiums and offer reasonable acoustic isolation.

Show attendance looks to be good with strong interest in the room from early in the start day.

I stopped by yesterday. The room was very full with people. The little Borresens sounded quite nice with lots of dynamics and impact.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    I stopped by yesterday. The room was very full with people. The little Borresens sounded quite nice with lots of dynamics and impact.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mike. In the Florida Audio Expo – Pictures and Comments thread I noticed Brad and Larry both praised the Borresen 01 speakers but thought they were being played too loud. Did you also find that?

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    […]
    The Borrensens speakers were again stunning this year though played much too loud for my preference. […]*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    […]
    2: yep I loved the Borrensens despite going in with negative mind. I wish I could have heard them at lower volume though as I’m not sure if they would scale down. […]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mike. In the Florida Audio Expo – Pictures and Comments thread I noticed Brad and Larry both praised the Borresen 01 speakers but thought they were being played too loud. Did you also find that?”

Yes, I think the demos were run a bit too loud. Maybe to demonstrate the speaker’s ability to be dynamic.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Yes, according to my DBX app they were being played at an average 90-95 dB. While playing things loud is impressive it’s not how I listen to music most of the time. I can judge if I like a speaker better at around 80-85. Lars played Requiem and a couple Eastern European artist’s music which displayed the Borresen large stage projection to its best. I would have liked to hear how it would scale down with such small speaker transducers at low volume but it was a packed room.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Yes, according to my DBX app they were being played at an average 90-95 dB. While playing things loud is impressive it’s not how I listen to music most of the time. I can judge if I like a speaker better at around 80-85. Lars played Requiem and a couple Eastern European artist’s music which displayed the Borresen large stage projection to its best. I would have liked to hear how it would scale down with such small speaker transducers at low volume but it was a packed room.

Noted thanks Larry and Mke.

In my experience Borresen speakers perform well at all amplitudes with lots of detail at low listening levels.

I’ve long believed that every music track has a perfect volume level, which is different not only for every room but also dependent on the number of people in the room and the type of instruments being reproduced.

Packed exhibition rooms do present a special challenge for exhibitors. The combination of lots of human absorption combined with additional noise created by visitors moving in and out, chatting, distracting mobile device chimes and noise bleed from adjacent rooms can tempt exhibitors to increase volume to compensate for the heightened noise floor. It’s a judgement call which like all decisions can delight some and disconcert others.

Noted thanks Larry and Mke.

I’ve long believed that every music track has a perfect volume level, which is different not only for every room but also dependent on the number of people in the room and the type of instruments being reproduced.
    Yes I understand your statement. The playback of the music at its most perfect volume level should be the true level that you would hear if present at the original performance. But for casual everyday listening you wouldn’t crank a rock, metal, punk or cRAP tune to its original sound level. Not a classical fan but I would be willing to bet they don’t listen some passages of Requiem at first row levels without turning it down that is if they are able to hear the wife screaming in the background or Neighbor’s at your door.

I realize it’s a show and you are trying to impress and loudness showing dynamics impress folks. And the Borrensen did do that. I measured volume levels in every room I sat in at the show and most were at 5 to 10 dB lower. I found that a litttle odd. It’s impossible to compare 2 systems that have that much of a difference. Go to any showroom and you will see the dealer crank em up! Eh Mike?
    .....but he always hands the volume control and iPad to me.
    I would wager that identical systems played at at 10 dB difference most folks would pick the one playing at concert levels.
    I admit I loved the sound and if I was starting with a clean slate and due to my small listening space and most importantly if I could justify speakers in that price range I would put them in the running just because of size and Wife acceptance factors.........
    The Magico M2’s tick all my boxes otherwise!. I know how they scale up and down.
    As I sit in front of my S3mk2s listening to James Taylor I cant imagine anything sounding better!........yep..
    No texts please Mike!..
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

I realize it’s a show and you are trying to impress and loudness showing dynamics impress folks. And the Borrensen did do that. I measured volume levels in every room I sat in at the show and most were at 5 to 10 dB lower. I found that a litttle odd. It’s impossible to compare 2 systems that have that much of a difference. Go to any showroom and you will see the dealer crank em up! Eh Mike?
    .....but he always hands the volume control and iPad to me.
    I would wager that identical systems played at at 10 dB difference most folks would pick the one playing at concert levels.
    The fact that the volume was higher in the Danish room could also be the result of a low distorsion system being able to handle higher volumes without strain.

Playing too loud at annoying levels during a show are otherwise usually a good way of pissing people off .

PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

The fact that the volume was higher in the Danish room could also be the result of a low distorsion system being able to handle higher volumes without strain.

I doubt the Magico M6’s ,Von Schweikerts and MBLs would stress out at 95 dB.

I bet loudspeakers must have “little man’s syndrome too!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

[…] I realize it’s a show and you are trying to impress and loudness showing dynamics impress folks. And the Borrensen did do that. I measured volume levels in every room I sat in at the show and most were at 5 to 10 dB lower. I found that a litttle odd. It’s impossible to compare 2 systems that have that much of a difference. Go to any showroom and you will see the dealer crank em up! Eh Mike? […]
    Fair comment Larry and I agree without a consistent volume it is difficult to compare systems. This perhaps reminds us why audio shows are not the best venues for critical listening and can never substitute the experience of auditioning product at dealers – or better still in our own listening spaces.

Some folks expect small sound from small speakers so doubtlessly there is the temptation to want to shock by demonstrating vast deep soundstages and power handling ability which the Borresen’s surely create and have.

I must admit that volume creep is a regular occurrence in my own system. I particularly enjoy live music recordings where the Borresen’s excel in transporting me to some other acoustic space where the performance is taking place.

[…]
    I admit I loved the sound and if I was starting with a clean slate and due to my small listening space and most importantly if I could justify speakers in that price range I would put them in the running just because of size and Wife acceptance factors......... […]
    The Borresen’s have been the only speakers my wife has said “oh their nice.” To be fair the poor girl has in times past been subjected to 6ft high and 3ft wide electrostatic speakers.

Justifying price can be difficult and my preference nowadays with any audio purchase is simply to ask three questions. Do I like the sonics the new thing produces? Is this a sound with which I can live long term? And finally, can I afford it?

Perhaps making things a little easier, the Borresen Z01 should be out next quarter; a stand mount speaker that maybe offers 90% of the Borresen model 01 performance for around 40% of the price.

Fair comment Larry and I agree without a consistent volume it is difficult to compare systems. This perhaps reminds us why audio shows are not the best venues for critical listening and can never substitute the experience of auditioning product at dealers – or better still in our own listening spaces.

Some folks expect small sound from small speakers so doubtlessly there is the temptation to want to shock by demonstrating vast deep soundstages and power handling ability which the Borresen’s surely create and have.

I must admit that volume creep is a regular occurrence in my own system. I particularly enjoy live music recordings where the Borresen’s excel in transporting me to some other acoustic space where the performance is taking place.

The Borresen’s have been the only speakers my wife has said “oh their nice.” To be fair the poor girl has in times past been subjected to 6ft high and 3ft wide electrostatic speakers.

Justifying price can be difficult and my preference nowadays with any audio purchase is simply to ask three questions. Do I like the sonics the new thing produces? Is this a sound with which I can live long term? And finally, can I afford it?

Perhaps making things a little easier, the Borresen Z01 should be out next quarter; a stand mount speaker that maybe offers 90% of the Borresen model 01 performance for around 40% of the price.
    Well said!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Well said!
    +1,i love kiwi
    always trying to explain/understand the whole picture

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers