Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Hmm. Not sure what to make of that comment.

Maybe you would like to just read the thread again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Prove it. IMO opinion as a owner of Borresen 03 speakers all I can say is they beat all other brands including Magico. Everyone has their own opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    That’s kiddish.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Including you.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

First - I should have said here in the United States. I have NO experience of sales outside of here.

I have not looked for any Borresen used for sale. But here in the USA, typically a current product that is in great condition will sell for approximately what a dealer can buy it for new . +- a little. That applies to stereo equipment, watches, etc etc. Not a knock on the product what so ever. Just how things typically work. With Raidho it's been that way for years. I've been told that Borresen has the same pricing structure. No reason to believe it will be any different.

And yes - I was offered a pair of 01s at 40% of retail price. (yes that's 60% off). I almost bought a pair. And might still do so once I sell my D5s.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Just to better understand your above comment Jock, do you have any evidence of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers being resold at 25 cents on the dollar? I haven’t seen any listed for sale in the 2nd hand market.

Further, has any dealer actually offered you “close to ½ off” for a pair of new Borresen speakers?
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

5. Likes Alpinist, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear all,

As I made clear in an earlier and since deleted thread I am not a hired “brand ambassador” for Borresen Acoustics or affiliated brands. No material connection exists between me and the brand except for the fact I consider myself a friend of one of the company owners. I’ve not received payment, free or discounted product in return for promotional services as some seem to assume. I actually find the idea of being labelled a brand ambassador quite endearing though somewhat comical. I mean, have you read about the BMW luxury group brand ambassador driving around in a mini?

My passion for the Borresen brand is well known by frequent readers of the forum. In order not to mislead any visitors to Audioshark a personal relationship disclosure was made. The forum owner is satisfied with the disclosure – so let’s please move on.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

7. Thanks pegken thanked for this post
    Likes Buch73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    First - I should have said here in the United States. I have NO experience of sales outside of here.

I have not looked for any Borresen used for sale. But here in the USA, typically a current product that is in great condition will sell for approximately what a dealer can buy it for new . +- a little. That applies to stereo equipment, watches, etc etc. Not a knock on the product what so ever. Just how things typically work. With Raidho it's been that way for years. I've been told that Borresen has the same pricing structure. No reason to believe it will be any different.

And yes - I was offered a pair of 01s at 40% of retail price. (yes that's 60% off). I almost bought a pair. And might still do so once I sell my D5s.
    My local Borresen dealer claims he has never had the good fortune to meet you, talk to you or quote you. Nor is he in a position to offer a discount on Borresen speakers without a trade-in credit.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

9. Thanks pegken thanked for this post
    Likes jnelson2000, kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been my understanding that it is not considered appropriate to discuss discounts or margins on this or just about any of the sites I peruse or participate.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

11. Likes sharkmouth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right and I apologize. I was out of line.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    It has been my understanding that it is not considered appropriate to discuss discounts or margins on this or just about any of the sites I peruse or participate.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    You are right and I apologize. I was out of line.

Sorry.
    Hi Jock,

No apology is necessary as far as I’m concerned. As always, I appreciate your candor.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

14. Thanks the professor thanked for this post
    Likes kzhtoo, Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post

Jim, you raise a good point. I was not aware of any Audioshark site specific policies around this and perhaps Mike could comment?

I absolutely agree that raising public discussion on topics like discounts, product & channel margins and pricing policy should not be encouraged, though I’ve seen it in a number of Audioshark threads, most recently PS Audio – so perhaps its considered ok here?

Speaking generally, I don’t imagine dealers would be happy to have discounts which they have offered in private made public. Equally, if principals or distributors learn through public forums that dealers are acting outside of agreed policy – that can have significant consequences for all concerned parties.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast