Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers - Page 17
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

glad you find your pairing. the amp makes the music and the synergy with the speaker is the most critical part of higher level systems imho.
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin

Post Thanks / Like

You are right ! Thanks.
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Ansuz dt-c power ditribution
    Finite Elemet Master Reference
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

do you find the power enough?
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! -20 db -18 db generally my volume listening level, not the same with the Raidho D1.1...
    Jazz and vocal is my preferred genre of music and I don't listen too loud...but this speakers even with rock give a realistic impact...
    Esoteric Grandioso K1
    darTZeel CTH-8550
    Børressen 01
    Ansuz dt-c power ditribution
    Finite Elemet Master Reference
    Nordost Odin
    RAAL Sr1 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    So what is the more accessible price point for this 2 way?
    They are thinking 15-16K w/stands
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I spend an hour or so at my dealer listening to a set using Borresen speakers.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Borresen dealers are considered an essential service and covid-19 hasn’t closed them down.
    Just jealous myself.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I guess Borresen dealers are considered an essential service and covid-19 hasn’t closed them down.
    Just jealous myself.

Larry, hope you are well. I believe the Netherlands is not in a state of full lockdown. I’ve read there is a ban on all public gatherings and rules on social distancing. As long as you keep a minimum 1.5m between you and the Borresen’s all is good.

Photo source: AFP pic, from article “Covid-19: Netherlands extends partial lockdown to June”
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Yesterday I spend an hour or so at my dealer listening to a set using Borresen speakers.

Nice. What did you think of the Borresen 03 / EMM Labs MTRX2 1KW Monobloc Amplifier combo, assuming that’s what you were listening to?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Nice. What did you think of the Borresen 03 / EMM Labs MTRX2 1KW Monobloc Amplifier combo, assuming that’s what you were listening to?
    Disclaimer: I don't want to give any wrong impressions and I might be wrong
    To be honest that is not so easy to answer. The speakers are relatively new. As far as I know they have less then 100 hours on them. The 03 reminded me a lot of the Raidho D3, not sure if I would be able to tell them apart. The 03 are very open, that tweeters is very good. Mids and lows are very precise, the acoustics of the room is not ideal for the lowest of frequencies. I spend about an hour listening to the speakers. I've heard the YG Hailey series 1 on this set before. Where IMHO the YGs are more lively and dynamic, the Borrenson are more accurate, precise. But I have a sneaky suspicion this is on part because the YGs are sealed and have less problems with the room. An early conclusion would be that the 03s are a top speakers IF you have a room that is acoustically in balance.

The EMM labs mono blocks they are something special. I've never heard anything that sound so effortless. Utter control without sounding too present. I've heard BIG mono blocks that were very expensive at a show. That sounded like they wanted to be heard and let you know that they are expensive. The EMM labs are just there and do everything perfectly.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

11. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast