Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers - Page 12
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Regarding the Aavik U-380. The U-300 can not be upgraded cause of the U-380 is actually a brand new amp where it has more or less only the cabinet in common. But our dealer will offer you to trade in the U-300

2. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold Show Award for Best Sound at RMAF 2019

Here’s one for the books. One of smallest speakers at the RMAF 2019 show – in the one of the largest rooms at the show, 1682 square foot in size or approx. 24,000 cubic feet in volume for those that need to know, was part of a system that has just won AV Showrooms GOLD SHOW AWARD for best sound at the show.

That speaker? The standmount Borresen Model 01. All 14½ inches of it.

We’ve known for some time that Borresen speakers can sound great when positioned very close to side walls. This award perhaps affirms that Borresen speakers can sound equally great when located far away from any wall – in a near “free-space” location. In practice, a loudspeaker placed on a stand far away from a room’s walls can be considered to be in free space.

The other interesting observation about placing loudspeakers in free-space is that the relative lack of room reinforcement means the speakers need to be driven harder to achieve a desired SPL at a given listening position. Clearly Borresen speakers – even it seems the compact entry level ones – can handle higher power inputs needed to effortlessly achieve “concert level sound” (see below quote) in large listening spaces.

To add some perspective, a photo of the speaker and room is below.

Photo credit: Next Level Audio & Video, Wayne, Illinois 60184, 7th September 2019. Tiny Borresen 01 speakers in an enormous suite (one of three rooms Next Level AV had at the successful show) at RMAF 2019

In her show report Terry Eringi, Exec. Producer and Senior Editor of AVShowrooms notes:

Tyler Mueller, proprietor of Next Level HiFi along with Lars Kristensen of Aavik/Ansuz delivered one of the best sounding exhibit rooms, I had the pleasure visiting at RMAF 2019. Debuting, was the U380 Aavik integrated amplifier that includes 2 DACS and a phonostage. The amplifier was significantly more organic sounding than the U300 without sacrificing any of the detail. The loudspeakers, the Borresen .01 standmounts, the smallest LS in the Borresen lineup was set up in the largest exhibit room at the show. This brave and aggressive experiment was a resounding success. Tyler proved that these little guys could fill a big room with concert level sound, effortlessly. We played two female vocal tracks, “All about You” and “Liberty”; the voices were hanging in space in the center of the room and the sound was enhanced by the large space.”

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

4. Likes octadyndude, pegken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Borresen Z-01, Gold Show Award from Part-Time Audiophile

Photo: Gated HiFi Distribution Room at RMAF 2019 show. Source & Acknowledgement – Part-Time Audiophile; “Ansuz Acoustics, Børresen Acoustics, Kudos Audio, Aavik Acoustics, Naim Audio, Gated Hi-Fi | RMAF 2019”, Posted on September 22, 2019 by Eric Franklin Shook™ in RMAF 2019. Accessed online 26th Sept 2019

The Borresen Z-01 loudspeaker has been labelled an “absolute assassin” at its US$12k price point by Eric Franklin Shook™, a writer / reviewer / photojournalist with Part-Time Audiophile.

The use of the term “assassin” to describe the speakers is “interesting” to say the least. Perhaps Eric thinks the Borresen Z-01 is set to “murder” the competition?

Jesting aside, I understand the Borresen Z-01 as seen at RMAF was a prototype and Michael Borresen will take show feedback into consideration when finalizing the production design for the speaker and stands prior to commercial shipping in Q1 2020. It will be interesting in due course to hear how the Borresen Z-01 stacks up against the Tidal Audio’s Vimberg Amea (US$14k), as mentioned by Eric; and Raidho’s TD 1.2 (US$24k).

Eric’s comment is below:

“The new Børresen Acoustics Z-01 is an absolute assassin at this price point. With so many ultra-high-end brands debuting bookshelf speakers in this price range almost monthly, none off the top of my head, maybe other than Vimberg, have impressed me more than the new Z-01. The trickle down technology from the B-01 has stuck the landing, and earned a gold from me at RMAF 2019.”

The complete article can be read here:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/...-fi-rmaf-2019/
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

6. Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Title: “Next Level HiFi, Borresen 01 Loudspeakers, Aavik Acoustics U 380, Ansuz Acoustics, Show Winner, RMAF” Posted on YouTube Sep 27, 2019.

I’ve got to thank Peter Breuninger for introducing and championing some great music. In this above video from RMAF 2019 the show winning Borresen / Aavik / Naim and Ansuz system plays “All about you” by Swedish singer-songwriter Sophie Zelmani. What a beautiful piece of acoustic folk music!

You know how it is when a piece of music speaks to you. I was straight onto Amazon to order the CD. I just hope I ordered the right one. The CD cover is different to that shown in the AVShowrooms video.

8. Thanks octadyndude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Title: “Next Level HiFi, Borresen 01 Loudspeakers, Aavik Acoustics U 380, Ansuz Acoustics, Show Winner, RMAF” Posted on YouTube Sep 27, 2019.

I’ve got to thank Peter Breuninger for introducing and championing some great music. In this above video from RMAF 2019 the show winning Borresen / Aavik / Naim and Ansuz system plays “All about you” by Swedish singer-songwriter Sophie Zelmani. What a beautiful piece of acoustic folk music!

You know how it is when a piece of music speaks to you. I was straight onto Amazon to order the CD. I just hope I ordered the right one. The CD cover is different to that shown in the AVShowrooms video.

Kiwi

It’s the same song/album that Lars has on his 2019 sampler. Great song for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12