Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers - Page 11
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike any chance did you hear the Borresen Z01's?
    Hi George. No, I didn't get a chance to listen to them, that room was packed full when I walked by. Meant to go back for a listen but got sidetracked with other rooms before I had to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike any chance did you hear the Borresen Z01's?
    George. They’ve really opened up since Friday. Keep in mind they had zero hours in them Friday. Today had a 30 min listen before people arrived. Sounds much better and low end opened up a bit more today. Baby Borreson does it justice. Nice soundstage. 2020 can’t come soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers room.

In addition to the level 3, Willow Lake Room 5 (a very large room); Borresen also has a further standard size room on level 4, room 4118, I believe.

Products from Ansuz Acoustics can additionally be found in room 4117.

Did you ask them your question on the Ansuz Acoustics Power Switch i.e. why they chose to integrate a LAN switch with a power box for cables?
    Fritz said efficiency supported by a large power supply - still didn’t make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Fritz said efficiency supported by a large power supply - still didn’t make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm. OK. That doesn't mean much to me either. I'll ask Ansuz Acoustics the question and post the reply in the Ansuz cables and accessories thread. https://www.audioshark.org/cables-20...ries-2488.html
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

5. Thanks UltraFast69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from RMAF last night and I was looking for reviews of the Borresen 01 when I stumbled on this website. I heard the 01's on Friday and the Z01's on Saturday. The 01's bowled me over and were one of the standout speakers at the show IMHO. These magical compact monitors produced a wide, deep and surprisingly tall soundstage with a beautiful transparency. At times it was spooky how much they sounded like the vocalist was in the very large room with us. It seems like they demonstrators put a lot of effort in noise control. I was less impressed with the Z01's as they seemed more congested in the midrange. I feel like the much smaller room without any effective room treatments played a significant role in my overall impression with that system. I wish Borresen had brought some of their floorstanding models as well.

7. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 preamp, NuForce STA200, Accuphase E-650, Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2se, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evodude919 View Post
    I just got back from RMAF last night and I was looking for reviews of the Borresen 01 when I stumbled on this website. I heard the 01's on Friday and the Z01's on Saturday. The 01's bowled me over and were one of the standout speakers at the show IMHO. These magical compact monitors produced a wide, deep and surprisingly tall soundstage with a beautiful transparency. At times it was spooky how much they sounded like the vocalist was in the very large room with us. It seems like they demonstrators put a lot of effort in noise control. I was less impressed with the Z01's as they seemed more congested in the midrange. I feel like the much smaller room without any effective room treatments played a significant role in my overall impression with that system. I wish Borresen had brought some of their floorstanding models as well.

Welcome to Audioshark. Thanks for joining and for sharing your thoughts on the Børresen 01 speakers.

I spoke last evening with the CEO of Borresen Acoustics and he said RMAF was a fantastic show for the company with a lot of positive feedback received on the Model 01 speakers – with many expressing surprise how such a small loudspeaker could produce such a stress free and “life like” vocal performance in a large 1600+ sq. ft. room.

Having owned these speakers now for some time I would say they are one of the deepest imaging speakers I’ve heard. It doesn’t seem to matter how far you out from the front wall you position them, they fill the space with a deep, wide and tall sound-stage and positioned correctly the music simply envelops, surrounds and embraces.

I understand from Jeff’s post above the Borresen Z-01’s had zero hours on them prior to arrival at the show so I’m not at all surprised by your observations. Further, some audible differences between the Z01 and Model 01 speakers will come down to fact that the Borresen 01’s were powered by Aaviks latest integrated amplifier the U-380 which sports all sorts of new noise reducing technologies and is more than twice the price of the U-150 used to power the Borresen Z01 speakers.

Photo: Aavik U-380 integrated amplifier. This is a significant update of the Aavik U-300 integrated amplifier which was released back in 2014. The Aavik U-380 has a new pre-amp based on learnings from the new C-300 series, plus incorporates a new DAC [separate DACs for PCM & DSD and four clocks], a new power supply design and the latest R&D in noise reduction. The result according to Aavik is an amplifier which excels in organic live sound.

Given the Borresen Z-01 is less than half the price of the Borresen Model 01 I imagine it will generate a lot of interest, particularly since the high resolution ribbon tweeter is common. In order to fairly compare both models one would need them to be in the same room and system and such comparison is not likely to be independently available till early 2020.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Please ask your local Ansuz Acoustics dealer for pricing. Indicatively, the base model Ansuz PowerSwitch is circa US$2.4k
    Thanks.

From your info above, I'll be going with the Uptone Audio EtherREGEN for ~$630.

Post Thanks / Like

Below is a snippet of Jason Victor Serinus [Stereophile Magazine] comments on the Borresen Acoustics level 3 Room at the recent Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - High-end Consumer Audio Show (RMAF 2019). The link to the full article is here:
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/...transport-d-tc

The report bears some further revelations to his Florida Audio Expo Report of Feb 2019 where with a similar system [Borresen 01 speakers with Aavik U-300 amplifier] Jason noted the system “delivered some of the most spacious sound heard over my three days in Tampa.” The link to that article is here: https://www.stereophile.com/content/...-wider-day-one

Source & Acknowledgement: Snippet of Stereophile, RMAF 2019 show report, by Jason Victor Serinus, Sept 9, 2019, see above link for full report, accessed online 10th September 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Reviewers View, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, RMAF 2019, Show Highlights

Peter Breuninger does a lovely job with his video show reports. Both Terry Eringi and Peter Breuninger call out the Next Level AV room as being on the RMAF show highlight list.

At 5.40 in the video Terry states

“When I walked into this room, it is the largest exhibit room I think at the show, and I see these little stand mount speakers, it’s the Borresen 01, and you know they have 4 inch drivers and I thought what the hell are these guys doing? There is no room treatment, they were debuting the new U-380 integrated amp. So we sit down and Tyler of Next Level HiFi says to me I wanted to do this on purpose to show that these speakers can create a concert sound in a room this size. Well he achieved it. It was absolutely a concert without the crowds….. It was wonderful, I wanted to stay and listen to more music.” [abridged]

A couple of other interesting points from the video I’d like to comment on:

First, Peter mentions he is looking at sending his Aavik U-300 back to Denmark for an upgrade to the U-380. I was not aware that this was an option given the U-380 is a significant redesign.

Second, the music video that follows at around 8.50 demonstrates (again) the spacious sound stage the Borresen’s create. Readers should be aware that beyond the Borresen 01 speakers and the new Aavik U-380, much credit for the “giant room filling sound” as evodude919 observes in the YouTube video comments also comes down to the systems foundation – accessories (cables, distributors, resonance controls etc.) employed from Ansuz Acoustics.

Source / Credit: AvShowReports, Reviewers View, Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, RMAF 2019, Show Highlights, Published on 14 Sep 2019. Link to full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1almdXlkk3g accessed 19 Sept 2019. The Borresen room review starts at around 5 minute and 40 seconds.

13. Thanks octadyndude thanked for this post
    Likes octadyndude liked this post

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast