Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Pinging Joe - re: Valvet E2

Hi Joe,

I see from your signature that you list a Valvet E2.

I'm wondering if you would care to comment on this piece. Maybe reference to the Job 225 as that is something that I'm familiar with from past experience.

I realize that there is quite a discrepancy in terms of output power, however I'm more interested in comparisons regarding purity of sound. I'm intrigued by the Valvet's single-ended topography.

Was considering this for use with a pair of Reynaud Abscisse Jubilee. I realize that the Valvet might be challenged with it's 20w @ 4 ohm rating into an 89db speaker, however I listen a very moderate levels and am more interested in signal quality versus quantity.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator

Re: Pinging Joe - re: Valvet E2

The Valvet E2 is an amazing amp. It’s very natural and musical with a little more sweetness to it. I’m still a huge fan of Job. They (Job) are wonderful sounding amps but a little more lively and a touch less meaty with great 3D and air. The Valvet is a smoother and sweeter, almost tubelike and once warmed up and broken in has that classic class A sound - meaning it has a flow and overall rightness to the music. If you can live within the power envelope, no question the Valvet E2 would be preferable but it runs hot as heck. There’s a new SE version that I’m coveting. I can’t imagine it sounding better there are some physical updates with same basic design.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 23, 2019 at 10:26 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe.

Would you say that the Job is faster with greater resolution (ie ability to produce inner detail). I'm looking for an amp that can keep up with the speed of the Reynauds.

Super Moderator

Thinking about that I’d have to say yes. The Job is a fast amp. It does have more detail but not at the expense of being harsh at all. As long as the speakers are an easy load above 3 ohms, the Job will be great. As with any Job amp, using a low gain preamp is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by daspringham View Post
    Thanks Joe.

Would you say that the Job is faster with greater resolution (ie ability to produce inner detail). I'm looking for an amp that can keep up with the speed of the Reynauds.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Pinging Joe - re: Valvet E2