Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

Hey all. Just confirmed this with my local Naim dealer. Next Level HiFi, a premier dealer out of the Chicago area will be showcasing the new SuperNait 3 and its phono capabilities in room 4117 at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest September 6-8 in Denver. The SuperNait 3 will sit alongside the NDX2 and a Rega Planar 6 w Exact MM Cartridge. The foundation and speaker/interconnect cables will be Ansuz and the speakers Kudos. Should be a great room to hear the improvements over the SN2 and hear a great combo.

Let me know if anyone will be in attendance at the show. First time going. Should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

I'm anxious to hear more about that amp. I wonder if there's a difference in output power vs the SN2? It'd be nice if it was at least 100 wpc x 2 into 8 ohms...125 wpc would be even better. Most of their competition is 100+ wpc with an emphasis on the "plus".

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I'm anxious to hear more about that amp. I wonder if there's a difference in output power vs the SN2? It'd be nice if it was at least 100 wpc x 2 into 8 ohms...125 wpc would be even better. Most of their competition is 100+ wpc with an emphasis on the "plus".
    The SuperNait 3 is still rated at 80 watts per channel into 8 ohm.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    The SuperNait 3 is still rated at 80 watts per channel into 8 ohm.
    Not necessarily a deal breaker for me. But for a brand new release I would think they would want to keep pace with the competition in the power department. Yeah, I know 80 wpc into 8 ohms may be "adequate" but I want enough power to confidently cover transient peaks at higher volume levels without distortion. There are several integrated amps in the same relative price range that offer significantly more (100+ wpc into 8 ohms) power. However, I've read many great reviews regarding the SN2 and it's beautiful sonic qualities. So if 80 wpc into 8 ohms is enough the SN3 promises to be a great amp.

Try not to get too caught up in the numbers. From your listening chair there is very little difference in loudness between a 80watt amp and a 100 watt amp.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Naim watts do seem to be a bit under-stated in the specs. I highly recommend listening, and not dismissing it JUST because it's labeled 80 vs 100 or 125. I enjoyed my SN2 for quite a few years before upgrading to pre and power separates.

I'd love to get there (RMAF)! Tyler / Next Level is my go-to Naim dealer as well (my local dealer just does not display much at all; it's not his forte and he sells rather little Naim because of it).
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

new toy New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

Congratulations on the new toy!

It looks like you have Naim pre and power amps in the rack? Is the SuperNait 3 intended to replace them?

Super Moderator

Congratulations on your SN3.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts about the new integrated.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations on your SN3.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts about the new integrated.
    Haha. It’s not my SN3. It’s going to RMAF and shipping Monday. Only listened for 20-30 min. Great bang for the buck. Low end detail was outstanding. Plenty of power. Will be paired with Kudos 505s at RMAF this year. Should be a treat. Didn’t try the phono stage as the player was all packed up. Streaming g sounded tight, detailed with plenty of dynamic range. Time to sell
    My SN2 New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

Super Moderator

Ha! My bad.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Of course iPhone video doesn’t do it justice.

Is there more difference between the SN2 and the SN3 than the phono section? If so, I expect it's the bass.

I decided not to wait for the SN3 and bought the SN2 it's replacing at Tyler's shop. Bass isn't a priority with me since my Harbeth 30.2's are all about the midrange.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Is there more difference between the SN2 and the SN3 than the phono section? If so, I expect it's the bass.

I decided not to wait for the SN3 and bought the SN2 it's replacing at Tyler's shop. Bass isn't a priority with me since my Harbeth 30.2's are all about the midrange.
    I'd read online that they have improved numerous areas of the design including the power supply. It will be interesting to read people's opinions on sonic differences between the SN2 & 3.

Super Moderator

The SN2 is a superb integrated. I would not worry about the differences. Of course I’m curious but I’ve learned, or tried to learn, not to obsess because newer isn’t always better.

I’ve had 30.1’s with my SN2 and what an amazing combo. I absolutely miss it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

No. It seems mainly the phono and possibly a beefier power supply. Now, like me, I have a SN2 and a Hicap-DR. Considering the sale of a SN2 can be had for roughly 40-50% off MSRP, to me it would be foolish to go to the SN3 unless you are heavy into Vinyl. Add a Hicap to the SN2 and you’d be 99% of the way there for a lot less coin. You made the right choice. The SN2 is a beast and that won’t change.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    No. It seems mainly the phono and possibly a beefier power supply. Now, like me, I have a SN2 and a Hicap-DR. Considering the sale of a SN2 can be had for roughly 40-50% off MSRP, to me it would be foolish to go to the SN3 unless you are heavy into Vinyl. Add a Hicap to the SN2 and you’d be 99% of the way there for a lot less coin. You made the right choice. The SN2 is a beast and that won’t change.

What’s the weight difference between a SN2 and SN3?

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What’s the weight difference between a SN2 and SN3?

About 4lbs (SN3 is heavier)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    About 4lbs (SN3 is heavier)

How much does a Phonostage weigh? New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How much does a Phonostage weigh? New SuperNait 3 to make first US appearance at RMAF 2019

I believe it’s just a board so not much. That’s how I’m betting on the PS being beefier

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team