Nuvista 600
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nuvista 600

Post Thanks / Like

Nuvista 600

Experiences with this amplifier someone?
    Would this drive Sopra 2 well?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nuvista 600

Hello and welcome.

I owned the Nuvista 800 many years ago. Possibly with the right speaker it could have been great but I always found the treble a little too aggressive to my ears. I don’t know how much different the 600 sounds but Focal being more open and truthful on top might be too much of a good thing. I know for my personal taste, it probably will not be a great combo.

A demo would be mandatory in my opinion.
    Joe

NuForce STA200, Accuphase E-650, Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2se, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx will do

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any recommendations for nuvista amp?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion you would need to find a speaker that’s on the warmer side of neutral. I’m not sure what’s easily available to you but something like Dali, Harbeth or Spendor for example. Maybe even ATC or PMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjetrof View Post
    Do you have any recommendations for nuvista amp?
    Last edited by joeinid; August 18, 2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Joe

NuForce STA200, Accuphase E-650, Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2se, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

Post Thanks / Like

I owned a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 for a while. It replaced a Gryphon Diablo which I grew tired of. My understanding is that the MF NuVista 600 is very similar to the 800 sonically though I’ve not personally auditioned the 600. I believe the NuVista 600 has a lower power output rating and less elaborate casework.

A short review of my thoughts on the NuVista 800 can be found in my system thread. Link below. https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post148061

As for pairing with the Focal Sopra N°2 Loudspeaker you would need to try it yourself. I suspect much will come down to how feel the Focal’s beryllium dome tweeter interacts with the amp. The MF will drive Sopra’s bass with ease. I had the NuVista 800 paired with some Raidho D series loudspeakers.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx joe

8. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ralph thx for the answer.
    i just been Reading your thread completely.
    my situation is I cant demo the sopra and amp at my place.
    for the moment I have harbeth 30.2 with Primaluna Dialogue HP pre and power.
    because I have no listening room my system is placed in living room. The amplifiers need to stand on top of cubboard ... anyway my wife dont like it! Because they are All very new i spoke with dealer and hè offered me the sopra with nuvista part Exchange in terms of financial iT is a good deal but because I m not very experienced is that system also better
    i could buy a bigger cupboard and put amplifiers in cupboard
    Last edited by Pjetrof; August 19, 2019 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typ,misstaken

10. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Please be careful of heat build up if you place anything in the cupboard.

What you are considering is very different than what you have now. I prefer a warmer and more engaging system as opposed to something more neutral and revealing. Just by changing tubes in the Primaluna will change your sound. That’s something to consider.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Joe for the reply. Basically iT is a complete different sound? Sopra nuvista compared harbeth Primaluna? I like the sound to be honest just the waf she want the amplifiers out of side, maybe a luxman or accuphase class a in cupboard and keep the harbeths?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast