Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Nuvista 600

Nuvista 600

Experiences with this amplifier someone?
    Would this drive Sopra 2 well?

Super Moderator

Re: Nuvista 600

Hello and welcome.

I owned the Nuvista 800 many years ago. Possibly with the right speaker it could have been great but I always found the treble a little too aggressive to my ears. I don’t know how much different the 600 sounds but Focal being more open and truthful on top might be too much of a good thing. I know for my personal taste, it probably will not be a great combo.

A demo would be mandatory in my opinion.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thx will do

Do you have any recommendations for nuvista amp?

Super Moderator

In my opinion you would need to find a speaker that’s on the warmer side of neutral. I’m not sure what’s easily available to you but something like Dali, Harbeth or Spendor for example. Maybe even ATC or PMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjetrof View Post
    Do you have any recommendations for nuvista amp?
    Last edited by joeinid; August 18, 2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I owned a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 for a while. It replaced a Gryphon Diablo which I grew tired of. My understanding is that the MF NuVista 600 is very similar to the 800 sonically though I’ve not personally auditioned the 600. I believe the NuVista 600 has a lower power output rating and less elaborate casework.

A short review of my thoughts on the NuVista 800 can be found in my system thread. Link below. https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post148061

As for pairing with the Focal Sopra N°2 Loudspeaker you would need to try it yourself. I suspect much will come down to how feel the Focal’s beryllium dome tweeter interacts with the amp. The MF will drive Sopra’s bass with ease. I had the NuVista 800 paired with some Raidho D series loudspeakers.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Thx joe

Ralph thx for the answer.
    i just been Reading your thread completely.
    my situation is I cant demo the sopra and amp at my place.
    for the moment I have harbeth 30.2 with Primaluna Dialogue HP pre and power.
    because I have no listening room my system is placed in living room. The amplifiers need to stand on top of cubboard ... anyway my wife dont like it! Because they are All very new i spoke with dealer and hè offered me the sopra with nuvista part Exchange in terms of financial iT is a good deal but because I m not very experienced is that system also better
    i could buy a bigger cupboard and put amplifiers in cupboard
    Last edited by Pjetrof; August 19, 2019 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typ,misstaken

Super Moderator

Please be careful of heat build up if you place anything in the cupboard.

What you are considering is very different than what you have now. I prefer a warmer and more engaging system as opposed to something more neutral and revealing. Just by changing tubes in the Primaluna will change your sound. That’s something to consider.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thx Joe for the reply. Basically iT is a complete different sound? Sopra nuvista compared harbeth Primaluna? I like the sound to be honest just the waf she want the amplifiers out of side, maybe a luxman or accuphase class a in cupboard and keep the harbeths?

A picture of my system, the amplifiers on top need to be in cupboard but they produce to much heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ralph thx for the answer.
    i just been Reading your thread completely.
    my situation is I cant demo the sopra and amp at my place.
    for the moment I have harbeth 30.2 with Primaluna Dialogue HP pre and power.
    because I have no listening room my system is placed in living room. The amplifiers need to stand on top of cubboard ... anyway my wife dont like it! Because they are All very new i spoke with dealer and hè offered me the sopra with nuvista part Exchange in terms of financial iT is a good deal but because I m not very experienced is that system also better
    i could buy a bigger cupboard and put amplifiers in cupboard

If you have enjoyed the Harbeth / Primaluna Dialogue combination then I’d say you are an audiophile who prefers “drama” over “documentary”.

What do I mean by Drama over documentary? Well, drama lovers tend to like mid-range warmth and fullness and lots of tonal colours. For them, it’s a case of prioritizing musicality over transparency to source or what some term as accuracy. Whereas, documentary lovers tend to like low distortion, transparent and neutral systems. They don’t want any editorial of the music – they just want the facts.

While I’d solidly place the Harbeth / Primaluna in the drama camp; the Focal / Musical Fidelity is much closer towards the documentary camp and thus I’d be concerned that if you can’t hear the combination before purchase – you might not like it when you finally do!

With living spaces we sometimes need to compromise with our wife. If the Primaluna tubed amps are driving her crazy, why not consider keeping the Harbeth speakers (which are great) and replacing the Primaluna with a solid state integrated amplifier that leans on the warm side of neutral – perhaps something like a Luxman 509X?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

A picture of my system, the amplifiers on top need to be in cupboard but they produce to much heat.
    Those luvely tube amps look much better out in public view imo
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Thx for the recommendations would a class luxman accuphase be a good choice?

Joe yes they do. Unfortunately they drive her mad.

Super Moderator

Joe yes they do. Unfortunately they drive her mad.
    I’m so sorry that you have to compromise so much. What you have now is exactly how I like to listen to music. Carefree tube amps with a wonderful pair of Harbeth is an awesome combo.

Accuphase or Luxman would also be a great combo with your Harbeth. But heat build up is a big concern of mine. In properly ventilated cabinets, sure, no problem.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 19, 2019 at 12:54 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thx for the recommendations would a class luxman accuphase be a good choice?

Pure class A amplifiers from Luxman and Accuphase could be considered but they have their own challenges. First, they generate heat which in an enclosed cupboard could pose a problem. Second, they tend to be physically large. Third, their power output is much lower than class AB, which can be a consideration when driving moderately inefficient speakers.

Have you considered a hybrid amp i.e. one that uses small tubes in the pre-amp section and solid state in the power amp section?

Yes the nuvista 600 but Some consider the combo with sopra not so good.
    i m looking as well to audio analogue maestro anniversary do you have any experience
    with this amplifier?

In reference to this post and the other two threads just started, you are starting to get in to the "shotgun" approach which is not going to end well. The two speakers you are asking about are different as to their sound profile as are the two integrated amps so what will go well with one might not be the case with the other. Decide on a speaker first and then decide on the amp.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Thx Jack dont understanding Shotgun mode but I understand what you trying to say.
    I understand sound profile is not same but for me Some days I like fast Some days slow.
    unforunately I m not in a financial position to have more systems. Its diffucult to get home demo s. And in shop listening make no sense cause each room react different with speaker.
    therefore the multiple threads and questions to get hopefully answer or insight, in gear I m maybe intrested in, to narrow the choice, from people who has those systems at home, in stead of answer from sales people who want to sell gear. What I understand. So I was hoping a forum like this was the right place to ask about different options.

Super Moderator

Can you keep the Harbeth and possibly choose another amp or integrated?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hello Joe,

that was an option thinking accuphase e650. Done Some window shopping (internet)
    leaves me with 3 options
    harbeth accuphase
    franco serblin essence audio analogue puccini
    martin Logan electromotion esl x audio analogue maestro
    i know not 3 times same sound but like All three.
    Unfortunately I can choose only one

Been chosing between those cause my listing position is 2 meters 90 aprox 9 feet.
    speaker close to wall and seating position close to wall. From wall to wall I have only 13 feet

The nuvista is a huge amp , have you really got room for it . ? there are so many others that have been mentioned . I heard the sopra 3 with a naim sn2 recently. like being hit with the jetstream of a F35 . ok for for a bit but VERY different to harbeth . the accuphase would go well with the harbeth i am sure
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Thx hifinutt,
    Focal sopra 2 with nuvista 600 is coming on the 6 th of september.
    if I dont like iT soundwise I Will change iT. I have a demo on the 21 september the new Sonus Faber olympica nova or guarneri tradition with audio analogue pucinni or maestro or pegaso 50a.
    got new furniture coming cupboard Will be 60 cm deep and 50 cm high front and back open so the amplifier have 30 cm clear on top.

Super Moderator

So many choices, so little time.

Good luck with nuvista and focal. Please update us when the gear arrives. Congratulations.

Hello Joe,

that was an option thinking accuphase e650. Done Some window shopping (internet)
    leaves me with 3 options
    harbeth accuphase
    franco serblin essence audio analogue puccini
    martin Logan electromotion esl x audio analogue maestro
    i know not 3 times same sound but like All three.
    Unfortunately I can choose only one

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thx Joe I Will do for sure.

FWIW, I had the Musical Fidelity M6si in a system with Revel F208's which are relatively revealing loudspeakers, and I didn't find the MF in any way to be bright as has been suggested.....I thought it was shockingly good for $3000 retail. I would expect the Nuvista 600 to be an excellent amp.

Thx tdimler I Will post after the weekend how I liked the pairing

All,
    Attached Images Attached Images

So just start playing the Focal is demo so already played a little bit.
    the amp is brand new so need Some time.
    straith out the box its completely something different than the harbeth Primaluna. Do I like iT for now absolutely! But time Will tell I Will try to explain in my own Words so,much more details! With harbeth is listening with sunglasses here they are off.
    but its to early I come back after the weekend

Super Moderator

Congratulations!

Let everything sink in and warm up, but most importantly, enjoy!

Please keep the updates coming.

NAD C 658 streamer.

So far enjoying them only thing bad recordings sound really bad good recordings really good.
    very detailed a little bit too much going to let everything warm up and burn in but feel the inch to try a house demo with accuphase e650 or new a48

well , this is an interesting thread , the build quality on the 600 is great , i am amazed you fitted it on your cupboard as its a big amp
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

All thx for the advise and time.
    cause unforseen circumstances I had to do complete u turn budget wise.
    beginning oktober my new system is coming
    i Will send pictures and review.
    concerning space bought new cupboard.
    spendor Classic 2/3
    audio analogue pucinni anniversary
    lumin d2
    shynata venom xlr and speaker
    px nuvista and sopra

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Nuvista 600