Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Simaudio 700i v2

Just curious why you don't hear anything about this amp? It seems like an outstanding integrated amp. Is it relatively new?

Re: Simaudio 700i v2

Just curious why you don't hear anything about this amp? It seems like an outstanding integrated amp. Is it relatively new? Is the field of integrated amps becoming too crowded? There are a lot of outstanding integrated amps on the market right now, that's for sure. The competition is VERY stiff. Looks to be in direct competition with amps like the Gryphon Diablo 120 and Luxman 509x. But I would think there is always room for more top quality integrated amps like the Simaudio Moon 700i v2. Simaudio is very well known for sonic and build excellence. But I'm at least a little surprised this amp hasn't garnered a little more attention. Check it out on their website. Pretty impressive. Caveat...I have no connection with the company. I'm just a curious potential customer.

https://simaudio.com/en/product/700i...v=445d337b5cd5

Audioshark

It’s very new. Not a lot of reviews out there yet. At this price point, it’s competing with some big names like Gryphon and some like the Hegel 590 that offer a killer internal DAC. I would personally have no issues picking the 700i V2. I like the Sim sound.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Yeah, Mike, that Hegel H590 is really a beast. With 301 wpc x 2 into 8 ohms and that uber serious, built in DAC and all the streaming options...holy cow! I mean what's not to like with that amp? Right now I can only go by what I've read since I've not heard one. And the reviews are glowing, very consistently so. It also appears to have top notch build quality and uses the great components. Yep, a tough one to beat. BTW, I'll get to do a live audition of the H590 using the same speakers I have at home (Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary models) in October. Lucky me! It'd be great to hear a Simaudio Moon 700i v2 also, but there will be so many outstanding amps for me to audition as it is. I'll be the proverbial kid in the candy store.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make my purchase until January. But, in October I'll at least be able to actually hear all the amps in action and make a much better informed choice. So, it'll only be 3 more months to wait by the time I'm able to make my purchase...on my birthday. But, I gotta say, the wait is still difficult.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Yeah, Mike, that Hegel H590 is really going to be a tough one to beat. With 301 wpc x 2 into 8 ohms and that uber serious, built in DAC and all the streaming options...holy cow! I mean what's not to like with that amp? Right now I can only go by what I've read since I've not heard one. And the reviews are glowing and very consistently so. It also appears to have top notch build quality and uses the great components when you look inside. Yep, a tough one to beat. BTW, I'll get to do a live audition of the H590 using the same speakers I have at home (Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary models) in October. Lucky me! It'd be great to hear a Simaudio Moon 700i v2 also, but there will be so many outstanding amps for me to audition as it is. I'll be the proverbial kid in the candy store. Mike, ya can't sell anything else until January...LOL!
    I will have the new 390, not 590. Someone bought the 590. The 390 will give you the Hegel sound and still 250 watts/channel and same great DAC internally. We have the 340ix from Sim which again will give you the Sim sound to compare against. Hegel, SimAudio, Gryphon Diablo 300, VAC i170iQ, T+A PA3100HV, Luxman 509x, NAIM SuperNait 3, Pass INT-60, Viva Solista, etc. are all on tap.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Yeah, the H390 is a killer too. Lots of great stuff to hear.

Stretch the budget. Get one of Gryphon Diablo 300, VAC i170iQ or T+A PA3100HV. Anything else, you’ll flip it in a few months for one of these 3 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Stretch the budget. Get one of Gryphon Diablo 300, VAC i170iQ or T+A PA3100HV. Anything else, you’ll flip it in a few months for one of these 3 anyway.

I love your choices. I sure hope I won't be wanting to flip in a few months. This is kind of a one shot deal for me. Since I'm retired this may be my only chance to own a truly high end audio system. So I have to make this time count. I'm not going to be able to afford going on an a high end audio flipping spree. The closest I'll come to that is auditioning as many high end components as I can when I visit Suncoast Audio this fall and make my decision on an amp and streaming components accordingly. I'm so looking forward to it. A big kid in toyland...lol.

The 700i was on my short list three years ago (along with PASS INT-250 and Vitus R-100; Gryphon had not then re-entered the US). I was rolling the dice and buying based on reviews. TAS and/or Stereophile had a glowing review of the 700i, but I just couldn't find forum posts about it, positive or negative. I wanted to buy something that had more customer reviews. Listen Up, the big Colorado audio store would pair it with B&W at RMAF and I did read some good reviews of that room. While the V2 is indeed brand new, the 700i has been around for nearly a decade, I believe. Mike can tell you what the upgrades are in the V2, but I don't think you should worry about buying something untested and unproven in the market -- I imagine Simaudio would have phased it out rather than upgrade it if it wasn't generating sales (I wonder if it's popular in Canada, but just not US). I'm sure Mike will walk you through a what's-important-to-you exercise to determine best fit for your needs, if he hasn't already. The 700i, as you may know, only has one XLR balanced input. I wanted two.

I'll have to admit, the Simaudio 700i v2 really has my attention. Mike has a Simaudio 340ix in stock so maybe I'll get to try one out and see if I like the Simaudio sound. It has started to produce some top notch reviews.

I'm also very interested in the new Naim Supernait 3 (SN3). The Simaudio 340ix and SN3 are in the same relative price range. I'm sure I would be extremely happy with either amp.

OTOH, if the main difference between the 340ix and 700i v2 is simply power, and the 340ix provides enough of it, I would stand to save thousands of dollars choosing it over the 700i v2. But, I really like the idea of plenty of power on reserve for low distortion during transient peaks at higher volume levels. Maybe the 340ix and Naim Supernait 3 would provide that, maybe not? At any rate, I'm sure any of these amps will produce superb sound. Then there's Hegel... As I've said several times, I'm really anxious to try some amps out to see what my ears choose. I'll get to do just that in October.

Speaking of Hegel...from the reviews I've read the new H590 sounds incredible. Both from a sound standpoint and features. The digital and streaming features alone are fabulous and would almost certainly place the Hegel H590 in the top 2 or 3 integrated amps. I think Simaudio would also have to be up there regarding features and especially their trade up and upgrade policies. Simaudio amps are also very well known for superb sound. Then there's Gryphon, Luxman, Naim, on and on and on. It's a wonderful time for audiophiles.

Super Moderator

The Hegel 590 is absolutely awesome. A friend is using it with his Super HL5+ 40th anniversary Harbeth (just like yours) as his living room system. I love listening to the combo.

He also had the Supernait2 with HiCap DR which I bought from him. I’m a big Naim fan as well.

I think as soon as you listen to a few amps, it’ll quickly become clear what you like. Mike curated his gear choices so that everything sounds excellent. A different flavor of superb you could say.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Yeah, Joe, right now it's just a waiting game for me...waiting for October and my trip to Suncoast Audio. Going exclusively on info from forums and reviews, the H590 (and H390) is at the top of my list. The H590 is extremely difficult to ignore. Not that I'm trying to ignore it...LOL! We'll have to see if my ears agree, but the H590 pretty much checks ALL the boxes...sonic quality, build quality, features...you name it. Like I said, very hard to beat. Then there's Simaudio, NAIM, Luxman, Gryphon, VAC.... Which would you choose?

Simaudio is another one on my short list. Also outstanding sound and build quality and a simply incredible "trade up/upgrade" policy unmatched by any other company (as far as I know). ALL the others on my list possess superb sound and have impeccable reputations. So, I hope my ears are up for the task because that's where the bottom line lies.

I usually like chocolate ice cream best. But there are times when I feel more like butter scotch. Or, strawberry...or, Reece's peanut butter. It will be a hard task to choose a flavor of sound that will always be my favorite. After all, I can only afford one amp. I say always. I don't really know if there is such an amp that sounds so good you'll never want another?

Either way, it will be the most fun since, well, we'd better not get into that. Anyway, you get it. Can't wait to walk through the doors at Suncoast Audio. It should be a truly fun time. I'll keep ya posted...post audition.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Simaudio 700i v2