Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Fyne 702’s arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Fyne 702’s arrive

Looking great.

What was the MRSP for the lineup again?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Looking great.

What was the MRSP for the lineup again?
    $8k

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Super Moderator

Looks awesome.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Looking good
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Front line, serving duty!

One of those things that makes you wonder how this $8K speaker is built and what separates it from much higher dollar setups, probably babbling a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Audioshark

Fyne 702’s arrive

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Front line, serving duty!

One of those things that makes you wonder how this $8K speaker is built and what separates it from much higher dollar setups, probably babbling a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would put a price tag of $15-18k if I was “estimating” sound vs price - and that’s out of the box. That may go up after break in. Fit and finish is closer to $30k. Bass is incredible. Shockingly so. Speaker is dynamic as hell. Love the efficiency!

For $8k??? Insane and I expect the 502SP (arriving soon) at $4800 to be an even bigger bargain.

A very beautiful speaker and in person it must be quite impressive!
    I imagine the synergy would be nice with the VAC 170 integrated.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

You can really see the Tannoy heritage there! No offense to your other brands, but that's my type of speaker there Mike. I'm confident I would enjoy, including the elevated sensitivity, horn like dynamics and controlled directivity over the slightly more tragic/dynamically challenged designs.
    Another big benefit that might not be quite as noticable in the showroom, is when you plop these in an end user room, that may be more acoustically challenging (usually are!). That's where the CD designs tend to shine, they are more forgiving with placement closer to side/front walls etc.
    Experiment with heavy toe ins also, crossfiring them right at your nose will tend to give a much wider lateral sweet spot, the image won't collapse to the LR speaker as would happen with uber wide dispersion (aka cone n domers) when you drift off the center seat. WAF friendly ;-).
    YMMV.

That’s awesome Mike. Love the appearance. If you love the Tannoy sound with modern looks ? Here you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Paul

Beautiful. Any chance you’re going to get F1 series in store?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Beautiful. Any chance you’re going to get F1 series in store?
    Oh yes, already ordered and paid for! F1 - 12 in the walnut finish coming. Just one small problem....they’re back ordered until October. Seems the other markets around the world have gone crazy for them.

They look mighty Fyne! Impressive presence, size and looks in your system photo and I’m sure good sounding to boot. For an under 10K speaker they should be a big seller.
    Sad part for us is that they probably sound 80% and cost less than 20% of the M2’s I’m drooling over.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Congrats Mike! Super high value speakers. Amazing sound quality, fit and finish that are way beyond their price point. Plus the pedigree of Tannoy designers with decades of experience. A winning combination.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Great looking speaker Mike! Can’t wait to hear them. Nice addition!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Great looking speaker Mike! Can’t wait to hear them. Nice addition!
    Today they are sounding fantastic.

Today I stopped by Mike's store. He played the Fyne 702s driven by the Viva integrated and the Chord Dave DAC. I was very impressed with these speakers. The fit and finish is outstanding. I have seen speakers that cost much more that are not as well built and finished as these Fyne 702s. As for sound, I didn't know what to expect; however, I found them to be very musical with excellent top end, very good soundstage (Clark Terry's trumpet sounded exceptional) and very decent bottom end. On the spec side, they are very efficient with a sensitivity of 92 dbs. This is a speaker in the $8K - $9K price point that performs at a much higher level than its price point.

Get a nice integrated (Viva, Pass, Luxman or Gryphon), a streamer (Lumin, Naim, Aurender ...) and the Fyne's to get a very "fine" system.

My guess is that Mike will sell quite a few of these Fyne 702s.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I just heard the 703's, WOW. Huge dynamics, energy and fantastic bass. But what I really love is them providing all that while throwing a great soundstage and never getting aggressive.

A fantastic do everything really fun loudspeaker.

they look great too :-)

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Mike, if I can swing it next year, I will buy a pair of the 702's. I loved them at RMAF and they were not even close to being broken in.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Mike, if I can swing it next year, I will buy a pair of the 702's. I loved them at RMAF and they were not even close to being broken in.
    Awesome. They’re wonderful. I’m happy to be the first on this side of the pond to represent them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Awesome. They’re wonderful. I’m happy to be the first on this side of the pond to represent them.

Keep us posted on how they sound when they have a bunch of hours on them.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Audioshark

Keep us posted on how they sound when they have a bunch of hours on them.
    They have a few hundred now and there is definitely a break in period. Now they have opened up, balanced out and sweetened up. Love them.

It sounds like these speakers do well at "fun" volumes. How do they do playing a bit more sedately?
    Jeff

Main System
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100H; Disc Player: Oppo UDP-205; DAC: Topping D90SE; Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; Power Amp: ATI AT542NC; Speakers: Focal Sopra No. 3; Cables: Wireworld, Kimber, Cullin; Power: Ansuz Mainz8 X-TC, PS Audio Dectet, Furutech outlets

Basement Media Room
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100SC; Disc Player: Panasonic DB-UP9000; Surround Pre/Pro: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1; Power Amps: Apollon NC1200SL (custom 3-channel w/Sparkos SS2590 op amps), Apollon AS3600 6-channel; Speakers: Focal Kanta No. 3, Kanta Center, 300 ICW8 (x6); Subwoofer: Rythmik F18SE (x2); Cables: Wireworld, BlueJeans; Power: Torus RM20, Furman Elite 20PFi; Room Correction: Dirac Live w/ Bass Control; Video: Sony 77" A9G OLED

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by 2FlyingYorkies View Post
    It sounds like these speakers do well at "fun" volumes. How do they do playing a bit more sedately?
    Fantastic. High efficient speakers excel at low SPL’s IMO.

There is a new review of these in the current HI-FI+ Mag (Issue 176)
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Not that I'm not totally in love with my Canterbury GR, but I kinda wish Fyne Audio had been around before my last Tannoy upgrade! That would've made things REALLY interesting. This 702 model looks spectacular, and I agree the 8K price is extremely appealing. I'm thinking this handily beats what Tannoy has at that level and form factor: i.e. Definitions, which I've not had the best listening experiences with - WAY too dark for the 10T model (maybe improved in the newer Ti, or maybe something wrong with the floor model) and WAY too bright on the twice as expensive 10A (this was an issue in a couple of setups) which especially disappointed me since I really liked that 10" alnico driver in the Prestige Kensington SE. Tannoy certainly has some great, balanced models, but sometimes there are surprises along the way too. I hope they too step up their game going forward.

Audioshark

Fyne 702’s arrive

Great review!

How do they go with the Int60 Mike?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    How do they go with the Int60 Mike?
    Very very good. I bought the top dog Viva integrated (and headphone amp) to use with them.

I’ll set it up next week.

Super Moderator

OMG!

I don’t want to know what those Viva sound like.

All I know is the first time I heard Magico was with Viva amps and it was glorious. Viva actually made the S1 and S5 sound awesome.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Very very good. I bought the top dog Viva integrated (and headphone amp) to use with them.

I’ll set it up next week.

Gotta love that dedication. Congrats on being able to carry on as such... Great service.

Any more updates on these Mike?

Audioshark

Fyne 702’s arrive

Any more updates on these Mike?
    Yes, we moved the 702’s into the medium room and bi-amped them with MBL amps for fun. They can certainly play in the 17 x 25 just fine. Bass remains great. The speakers are very dynamic and alive. Musical too. I still really like them with the NAIM though. Gotta say.

Audioshark

Gotta love that dedication. Congrats on being able to carry on as such... Great service.
    Thanks for the kind words.

They look great as does the room as always! Loved the FI-12's in Munich, the whole line's price points are much lower than many other more popular lines at much higher prices
    and not as musical results (IMHO).
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
    A very beautiful speaker and in person it must be quite impressive!
    I imagine the synergy would be nice with the VAC 170 integrated.

Oh yeah!! Now you're talkin'!!

I have had the 703's for a few weeks, wonderful loudspeakers.

And my 702's have just arrived, hooking them up this morning.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

I recently booked a flight to Tampa so that I can audition the Fyne 702's and 502sp's at Mike's shop for Feb. 23. I got to hear the 702's at RMAF with 24 hours on them and loved their wide and deep sound stage and they were not even broken in. They may be a perfect replacement for my Maggies. I really want the Magnepan 3.7i's but I am caving in to my wife's request to down size.

I will report back afterwards.

Larry

Audioshark

I recently booked a flight to Tampa so that I can audition the Fyne 702's and 502sp's at Mike's shop for Feb. 23. I got to hear the 702's at RMAF with 24 hours on them and loved their wide and deep sound stage and they were not even broken in. They may be a perfect replacement for my Maggies. I really want the Magnepan 3.7i's but I am caving in to my wife's request to down size.

I will report back afterwards.

Larry
    We can make it happen! Yes!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team