Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Cardas RCA Caps

Cardas RCA Caps

Picked up these little puppies at my local audio shop today.....Cardas 12 Pack of RCA caps......from what i understand they shield against RFI and EMI.....honestly speaking though i picked them up to stop what dust gets inside the RCA's and i find they look "Cool"

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Cardas RCA Caps

I also use the XLR caps
    And they work
    http://youtu.be/KFciL0qjqu0
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints
    Kuzma / Focal / Resonessence Labs / ARIA / KRELL / Pro-Ject...

Quote Originally Posted by highEndguy View Post
    I also use the XLR caps
    And they work
    Cardas RFI/EMI Caps - YouTube
    Yup im going to get the XLR caps as well

Super Moderator

Wow. Very clearly demonstrated. Thanks.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AQ does em good too, actually they do that fandangled emf too!

I've been wanting to get these too since I saw them at my ARC dealer. While the video shows they indeed do have an effect, is it audible? I've been wondering how covering up the unused inputs/outputs on my Ref 5 would help, when the plexiglass top cover of the Ref 5 is largely perforated with holes to let it breath. Wouldn't EMF just get in via the top?

Also, I wonder why the XLR caps are so much more expensive than the RCA caps. On amazon I can get 10 RCA caps for under $40, but 2 XLR caps for just under $30. I don't really want to spend that much (A Ref 5 has a LOT of inputs/outputs!) just to see if they make a difference.
    -Casey

Main System: Joseph Audio Perspective2 Graphene, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Plinius SA-103 (2 in mono), AMR DP-777 SE, Aurender N100H, Marantz AV7005, Stereo REL S/812, Kimber Monocle XL, Kimber Select 1116 ICs, GiK Acoustics Soffit Traps and Bass Trap Panels
    Office System: Bel Canto C5i, Monitor Audio RS1, MacBook Pro, JL Audio F112

I cant say i notice a change in sound, but i am happy no dust will get inside and like i said they look visually appealing to me

Just get them from China.

You will get a better lower floor noise
    blacker backgrounds
    ebay link :
    Noise Stopper Gold Plated Copper Male XLR Plug Caps X2 | eBay
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints

just to maintain your connectors clean is worth it
    Caribbean Distributor of

Quote Originally Posted by highEndguy View Post
    Just get them from China.

You will get a better lower floor noise
    blacker backgrounds
    ebay link :
    Noise Stopper Gold Plated Copper Male XLR Plug Caps X2 | eBay
    Thanks for the link!
    -Casey

Main System: Joseph Audio Perspective2 Graphene, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Plinius SA-103 (2 in mono), AMR DP-777 SE, Aurender N100H, Marantz AV7005, Stereo REL S/812, Kimber Monocle XL, Kimber Select 1116 ICs, GiK Acoustics Soffit Traps and Bass Trap Panels

Casey,
    Today I will send you a photo of the back of my REF10 with all the plugs inserted, they look better than CARDAS XLR
    One last thing about the XLR caps :
    Remember to put the Ground pin to the female ground pin
    Caribbean Distributor of

Caribbean Distributor of

Caribbean Distributor of

Cool, thanks for the pics. It looks great!
    -Casey

Your welcome
    Caribbean Distributor of

Thanks for the link and the pics Nelson

I use the Cardas XLR's and RCA's

recommended...

Dave
    "I must admit I felt a little uneasy
    When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe"
    -Bob Dylan Tangled Up In Blue

“The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats...”
    ― Albert Schweitzer

“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” - Bob Dylan

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    ― Jimi Hendrix

Caribbean Distributor of

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cardas RCA Caps