Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Updated from my Panasonic 65VT60 Plasma to Samsung 65 Q90R

I've been upgrading my system for the last year and eight months. One of my last pieces is the video display. Having a plasma for about seven or eight years I think. I've been looking at upgrading for the last few years. I have a Oppo 205 UHD player and I'd like to at least see a UHD disk from it. I got a great price from a local video dealer on the 65" Samsung Q90R display.

I recently added a Shuyata NR power cable to my line cleaner and the pop of color and details to my Panasonic was dramatic. I cringed at the idea of removing it after what I saw on the "New" picture on the plasma from the Shunyata NR cable. But, the price on the Samsung made forge ahead. Having the Q90R since this past Saturday it has kept me busy reading and viewing YouTube videos and adjusting most every setting I can figure out to get the best picture I can. These sets are bright! I really like the "One Box" of the Q90R. The set only has one connection to the tv. All HDMI, USB, optical out and ethernet connections go to the external box. And just one little wire feeds the set.The box can be placed up to 5 meters away. The screen also has the lowest reflection from ambient light in the room compared to any other set out there that I know of. A real plus IMO. My newest discovery came today and is a real surprise. I'm able to use a Bluetooth connection from my iPad or Apple iPhone to stream Tital and Qobuz to my Samsung and output via optical out to my NAD M12. And it works very well. At this time I've only tried CD quality. But, I'm impressed. I haven't been able to use the Roon App from either. But, that may or may not be possible at this time. I need to do some more searching on the subject.

I have one more upgrade and it may be showing up today from China. I'll get back to any update on that later.

Also I had a cash game of poker at my house last weekend and one of the players jumped at the Panasonic. I'm glad I found a new home for such a great tv.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Re: Updated from my Panasonic 65VT60 Plasma to Samsung 65 Q90R

i have the same panasonic plasma and have been very happy with it. i was just thinking the other day it may be time to go OLED. Glad you are happy with it....
    Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

mauidan

Darrel- What's the model # on your new 65" Samsung Q90R?

PS- Try upgrading the PC to the TV.

When I bought the 65VT60 I had it ISF calibrated. And the picture on all sources was amazing. But, plasma are prone to burn in. Television station just love to put static banners throughout their broadcast. Last year I was close to buying the top LG, Sony or Samsung. I'd love to see the OLED Panasonic. But, as far as I can find out. They no longer supply America. Why? Who knows? But, fear of future burn in made me back off. This year Samsung Q90 caught my eye. They have a lifetime no burn in warranty. I don't game and don't care about all of the Ultra HD formats. I watch television, surf the web with my computer. Watch YouTube. And hang out here from time to time. My music interest has taken over my movie interest. So far I'd say the Samsung Q90R is a winner and It will be my display for many years.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    Darrel- What's the model # on your new 65" Samsung Q90R?

PS- Try upgrading the PC to the TV.
    Samsung QN65Q90RAFXZA Flat 65'' QLED 4K Q90 Series (2019)

I'm not clear on your "Try upgrading to PC to the TV question or remark. Could you clarify?

Power cord from the one that came in the box I would guess.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

mauidan

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Samsung QN65Q90RAFXZA Flat 65'' QLED 4K Q90 Series (2019)

I'm not clear on your "Try upgrading to PC to the TV question or remark. Could you clarify?
    Thanks for the info.

My bad, I just saw this One Invisible Connection™: 16.4-ft. ultra-thin proprietary cable to connect hub to TV (carries signals and power)

Can you turn off the voice control on this TV? My current Samsung has it but we do not use the voice remote.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Can you turn off the voice control on this TV? My current Samsung has it but we do not use the voice remote. We ended up buying a standard SS remote.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Can you turn off the voice control on this TV? My current Samsung has it but we do not use the voice remote. We ended up buying a standard SS remote.
    I'm still digging into what can and can't be displayed or used. Too many items on modern televisions are there just to piss you off. I'll check into it.

I don't like voice command remotes or TV's with camera's for hand gestures because they can see and listen in on conversations. Or so I have been told.

I think most if not all helpful devices and interactive applications need one important thing. And that's a internet connection. The Samsung "One Box" connection has a ethernet connection. I think if that is never used then "Bixby" the voice tool is pretty much eliminated. I haven't played with it yet. But, will at some point.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Updated from my Panasonic 65VT60 Plasma to Samsung 65 Q90R