Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Integrated Amps under $6K - Tube or SS

Like bluegrassphile, I am in the hunt for a new Integrated Amp but with a lower budget. For this go around, I am hoping to be closer to $5K.

I was just looking at the Anthem STR, which has good features, reviews, power and price. Anyone have thoughts on this unit? ebay has a new in the box one for $4K
    I like the Luxman 507, but may be over my budget.
    A slightly used Pass int60 may be swing-able
    Music Fidelity M6si looks decent at $3K

Then there are plenty of Tube units in the $2-$3K range, is a Rogue Cronus Magnum a good choice?

Please list ones you could recommend to look into even tho my price range is lower than the norm for this forum if you would.

TIA
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator

Re: Integrated Amps under $6K - Tube or SS

Maybe a Naim Supernait 3 with a Teddy Pardo power supply (to save money). A great friend has my original Supernait 2 with a TeddyPardo and he absolutely loves it. He’s been through Burmester and Dartzeel, among others.

Retail on the Naim Supernaits has dropped a little over $1,000 making the 3 a screaming bargain.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Maybe a Naim Supernait 3 with a Teddy Pardo power supply (to save money). A great friend has my original Supernait 2 with a TeddyPardo and he absolutely loves it. He’s been through Burmester and Dartzeel, among others.

Retail on the Naim Supernaits has dropped a little over $1,000 making the 3 a screaming bargain.
    Joe, I cannot tell from the product page, does this unit have an outboard PS?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Joe, I cannot tell from the product page, does this unit have an outboard PS?
    You can use one of 2 or 3 external power supplies. Typically the HiCap is the recommend unit. It’s not absolutely necessary to get it from the start. You can always add one later but you do need an additional cable to facilitate hook up.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

OK, I am not seeing the port for the umbilical in the photos of the back of the unit, but aside from dull looks, it is in the right price range.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Brian.......The PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated amplifier ($4399) deserves your consideration.

https://www.primaluna-usa.com/dialog...-hp-integrated

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    Brian.......The PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated amplifier ($4399) deserves your consideration.

Good choice, as could be a lightly used Audio Research VSi75.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Super Moderator

OK, I am not seeing the port for the umbilical in the photos of the back of the unit, but aside from dull looks, it is in the right price range.
    Just to the right of the bar code in the middle of the unit is a dual plastic plug that comes out and the two power supply cables plug in there.

Attached Images Attached Images

NAD C 658 streamer.

I am going to get an in home demo of this unit next week when it gets back to the shop. This model was discontinued and he will discount the demo unit some if I like it.

The more I read and watch videos, it seems like an awesome unit.

Thanks again for this rec
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Octave Audio had an integrated around $4500.00 tht was really good.

Mac has an integrated at $3500.00 I thought sounded good driving the new JBL L100's.

You'd probably have to get new speakers, however, I was really impressed by Triode of Japan who has an integrated at $3500.00, 8x2. I thought it stood out in a comparison of it against Wells Audio and Cyrus.

On the other end of the sonic spectrum, Hegel has units in your range. The 190 recently received another glowing review.

Out of the amps in your post, the Pass. In fact, one of the better choices overall if not needing a DAC
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

I am going to get an in home demo of this unit next week when it gets back to the shop. This model was discontinued and he will discount the demo unit some if I like it.

The more I read and watch videos, it seems like an awesome unit.

Thanks again for this rec
    Brian.......You may find my PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium Integrated Amplifier Review from 2013 an interesting read. The newer DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated is the next level up and employs the latest premium parts and circuits. I was impressed with the ProLogue Premium Integrated, although more output power would have been welcomed. The DiaLogue Premium HP took care of the power issue and upped the performance. I will be interested to read your impressions. A nice discount is icing on the cake.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Second this. Amazing amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

If you keep watching you might find a used Aesthetix Mimas in your price range.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Brian, have you considered Schiit components? They get consistently great reviews and are very reasonably priced.

Super Moderator

Brian,

I have to give you another recommendation, even if it’s only temporary but I cannot believe how good this amp sounds.

https://www.akitika.com/akitikastore.html

A little over $500 assembled, available attenuator for direct use or add a good/great preamp and sit back and enjoy. 50wpc that embarrasses many others with a money back guarantee.

If you want to try mine, just pay for shipping.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 1, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Depending on timeframe, waiting for the new Hegel H390 to come out might be a great option for you. Preliminary reviews show it to be a considerable step up from the H360.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

I have no personal experience with this one but Steve Guttenberg really likes it (Although he seems to like EVERYTHING!!).

Linear Tube Audio Z 10

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/prod...ated-amplifier
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

I love the old school looks of these.

Tom

I don't remember hearing any, there used to be a big buzz about Line Magnetic for a high performance per dollar ratio. Anyone experience them?
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

You can get used Jadis I50 and Vac Sigmas for under $6k - I'd start with one of those.

If you have high efficiency speakers, there are a few more I can recommend.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Among my 10 or so amps, I love the Cronus Magnum. It uses KT120’s and puts out 100 wpc. And made right in your home Commonwealth of Pennsylvania! And at around $2,000 or so it’s a veritable bargain. They recently came out with a mark iii version. I’m using it to drive my Quad ESLs and JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme II’s and am enjoying it more than my more expensive Pass Labs components. Or if you desire separates you can use their Atlas Magnum power amp with a Linear Tube Audio Microzotl and get dynamite sound for around $4,000. My two cents for what it’s worth.

What about the Luxman 505 at under $5k? Love the looks.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Integrated Amps under K - Tube or SS