Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Pass Labs INT 250...

...I'm just continuing my amp search. I'd appreciate owners of the Pass Labs int 250, or those who've auditioned one, to tell me about it. ALL the reviews I've read and forum posts have been glowingly and very consistently positive. Please don't tell me to go audition one. There are very likely none within hundreds of miles from my home. And, being a relatively new component, they're going to be pretty rare to begin with. I'd really appreciate any info or comments from those who own one or have auditioned one. I'm especially interested in how the int 250 sounds through Harbeth speakers. Thank you so much.

Tom

Re: Pass Labs INT 250...

If you're really interested, you can probably get a demo from Mark at Reno Hi Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    If you're really interested, you can probably get a demo from Mark at Reno Hi Fi.
    Pass Labs INT-250 high-current integrated amp Demo, new condition, about one month old, three years transferable factory warranty, all factory accessories, now in used boxing, (new factory boxing available for a nominal fee with amp purchase). Satisfaction Guaranteed, S/N 35741. $8995.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Pass Labs INT-250 high-current integrated amp Demo, new condition, about one month old, three years transferable factory warranty, all factory accessories, now in used boxing, (new factory boxing available for a nominal fee with amp purchase). Satisfaction Guaranteed, S/N 35741. $8995.
    Well, there's another great deal I'll miss out on. Just don't have the money yet. It'll still be a few months. Dang!! Thanks for the heads up anyway, Brian.

Tom

The Pass would have let you cut down on your heat bill in the Winter too.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Pass would have let you cut down on your heat bill in the Winter too.
    We live in Iowa. Our listening room/family room/music room/recording studio is downstairs. It's all the same room. We don't usually heat it except when we're using the (small) wood burning stove. So, it can get a little chilly until we fire up the stove, which is actually fairly often...especially when colder days come our way. Maybe an INT 250 would help in heating the downstairs? Half kidding. We do have baseboard heat downstairs but we only use it to heat the room until the stove gets things toasty. The only problem is the INT 250 is a rather expensive space heater.

I still think your best bet is the Luxman, but another option on the warmer side like Luxman would be Audia Flight. The FL Three S is a very good piece but finding a dealer would take some research. It doesn't have a "heat" problem.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Don’t you own the Harbeth ? Luxman or Accuphase would be better fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Paul

I don't think he's going to be swimming in the Accuphase pool. Didn't you have good luck with Harbeth and LFD?

Jack. The LFD NCSE II was amazing. I really enjoyed it. But most people find they are too fugly. It’s most underrated amp. They are really simple circuit and pure musical sound.

Paul

I don't think they are fugly and Jeff at Tone just did a rave review of the newest version. Hard to find and pricey new for the power output.

Sounds like the int 250 has some detractors (heat, styling, etc.). For me the Luxman 509x is still very much in the running. Same with Accuphase. But, almost without exception, the reviews of the Pass Labs int 250 are very highly and consistently positive. Styling and heat are the only negative comments I've read. Our music room, being downstairs, is always cool. So that's not a factor in my decision and I happen to like the art deco-ish styling.

But I would really like to hear how it stacks up with integrated amps in a similar price range. Other amps I'm considering include...NAIM Supernait 3 (due out this month), Simaudio/Moon 700i v2, Simaudio/Moon 340ix, Hegel H590, Audio Research VSi75, and Rogue Audio. I've even thought about the McIntosh MA 9000 but heard it doesn't pair well with Harbeth.

Anyway, it's fun to research it but it's overwhelming at the same time. Just when I've settled on a first choice for my new amp I read about something else that fits what I'm looking for almost exactly. But, at this very moment, the int 250 really has my attention.

I do agree with a poster on the Audiogon forum that heat, over a period of time, can take it's toll on electronic components. And it sounds like the int 250 does put out some heat. However, a lot of amps put out considerable heat (some more than others) and I just don't read much about heat damage to electrical components in audio amps unless they're heavily used for decades. I'm sure that there is some but evidently it's not a big factor.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about the int 250. I'd especially be interested in any comparison of the Pass Labs int 250 and the Hegel H590. Don't forget, I have Harbeth speakers. Thanks guys. Keep the discussion going. I really appreciate the info.

I have the INT-250 and am very pleased with it. I'm afraid I can't offer much other than agree with the glowing reviews you have read. I have mine paired with B&W 803D2's, so can't speak to how it sounds with Harbeths. And I haven't heard any of the other integrateds you are considering. It displaced an Ayre AX-5 Twenty.

I don't think you should let the heat issue be a deterrent, especially given your description of your listening room. I have mine in a wood cabinet that is open on front and back and has a couple inches on either side and maybe four inches above. I do have two small fans mounted in the back to continuously draw air through. The amp never gets so hot that I can't keep my hand on it. Nor is the heat so intense that I can feel any warmth on the outside of the cabinet or on the top of the shelf above it. Personally, I'm not buying the argument you cited (and which I had seen) that the heat will cause degradation of the amp over time. Frankly, I trust Pass Labs enough to think they wouldn't bring a self-destructing design to market. When I had asked them about this very point, they said that the heatsinks are designed to dissipate the the levels of heat produced.

Couple other things you might want to consider -- After-sale manufacturer support is exceptional. Have a question or concern? Give them a call. They'll have an answer or get back to you with one. Also, not only is service (should it be required) done in the US, it's done where they assemble them.

Finally, if you do decide to consider getting the INT-250, keep in mind that Mike is an AD. He took good care of me when I bought mine.

Thanks, aardvarkbark. Good info. Wow, you replaced an Ayre AX 5 Twenty with your int 250? That Pass must be really good. I've heard lots of positive comments about the Ayre. Quick question...What's an AD?

I also have pass int-250. Yes it gets warm some, but not much worse than others. I think hit issues are with pass class A monsters. In my system pass int-250 replaced luxman 509x. Pass is more natural with deeper bass and large 3d soundstage.
    On a moderate to higher levels, pass int-250 is more relaxed and natural were luxman is strained and hifi/mechanical.
    My speakers ate Sonus Faber Amati Traditions. Mike is the magician who will help a dream to come thru.

Why your not considering the 590AXII is beyond me. There are several people on this page and on AA that had the 509X and replaced it with the warmer/more musical 590AXII. (Which is also slightly CHEAPER) Keep doing your homework...and by all means ask Mike...just don't give him an Ulcer
    Last edited by Billion$Baby; August 5, 2019 at 01:38 PM. Reason: x
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    Why your not considering the 590AXII is beyond me. There are several people on this page and on AA that had the 509X and replaced it with the warmer/more musical 590AXII. (Which is also slightly CHEAPER) Keep doing your homework...and by all means ask Mike...just don't give him an Ulcer
    Too late. I already ordered him a 590 to audition when he’s here.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Too late. I already ordered him a 590 to audition when he’s here.

And, man, I can't wait. Right now the 590axii is one of my top three picks. I was originally concerned about the 590axii having the necessary horses, especially during transient peaks at higher volume levels. But I read that Luxman is very conservative with their power specs and the actual output is more like 90 wpc x 2 into 8 ohms. Add to that, Harbeth speakers are 6 ohms vs the usual 8 ohms which will up the power slightly more. Taking all that into consideration the 590axii is somewhere between 100 wpc to maybe as much as 120 wpc. Should be plenty, although I still have to admit I'd like the 590axii even more if was closer to 250 wpc. But that's certainly not a deal breaker. I hear so many superlative laced testimonies on the sound of the 590axii it's hard to ignore it. Yep, I'm very anxious to hear one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Thanks, aardvarkbark. Good info. Wow, you replaced an Ayre AX 5 Twenty with your int 250? That Pass must be really good. I've heard lots of positive comments about the Ayre. Quick question...What's an AD?
    Authorized Dealer (though in this case, Awesome Dude would also apply).

Quote Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
    ...Pass is more natural with deeper bass and large 3d soundstage.
    On a moderate to higher levels, pass int-250 is more relaxed and natural...Mike is the magician who will help a dream to come thru.
    I concur with all of this.

So, OP -- are you heading down to audition the Luxman? Will you get to compare it to PASS and Gryphon? That should be a fun day, if so.

Yes indeed, I will be going down to audition several different amps. Can't wait.

OK, I'll try this once more...Anyone else out there own or heard the Pass Labs int 250? I'd really appreciate more comments. After countless hours of research and auditioning another Pass amp (int 60), and a visit with Kent at Pass I finally told Mike to order me one. Any other great things I can expect from the int 250?

I thought you ordered a Diablo 300?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I thought you ordered a Diablo 300?

It's a relatively short, simple story, Jack. It has a little to do with Gryphon, but nothing concerning my dealer, or the forum itself. It's just a personal decision I made. However, to discuss it here would go against forum rules and, as I mentioned above, it's kind of personal.

I still think the D300 is one of the top five integrated amps that money can buy. According to what I've read on the forums and in reviews the Pass Labs int 250 should be included in that top five. It's another amp that really holds my interest right now.

I miss my Pass Int-60. Wouldn’t mind adding an Xa30.8 or xa25 just for those occasional solid state hankering day’s. Nawww.......don’t need a second amp, huh Joe!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

OK, I'll try this once more...Anyone else out there own or heard the Pass Labs int 250? I'd really appreciate more comments. After countless hours of research and auditioning another Pass amp (int 60), and a visit with Kent at Pass I finally told Mike to order me one. Any other great things I can expect from the int 250?
    More comments:

Congratulations.

I doubt you'll regret your decision.

If you liked the 60, I gotta think you'll like the 250 four times more! Joshing, of course, but you will get a fuller cleaner bass and a broader soundstage with the additional power.

Hit the gym daily before it arrives. Squats and curls with 100lbs are encouraged. Lots and lots of sit-ups. Order a hernia and spine dislocation prevention belt and cinch it tightly when handling the amp. Re-confirm that your healthcare insurance premium has been paid. Lift with your legs, not your back. Probably best to not have any essential career-making/breaking presentations planned for the week after you intend to position this in place. Think carefully about where you want this to be situated in your room; you'll only want to position it once. This is one HEAVY piece of kit.

As you've read and discussed in thread above, there will be heat. Kent and Mike can help you manage that given your room/cabinet situation. I ordered a couple of very quiet audio case fans because mine is in a cabinet (with sides and top, but open front and back). The 250 has a thermostat and shuts off when it gets too hot; mine never has, even after hours of listening at 'realistic' orchestra hall levels.

None of the cost has gone into the professional printing of the owner's manual. You'll think Kent just photocopied and put yours in a clear Office Depot sleeve just before it was boxed. It's how I bound my term papers in high school and college; no employer would have allowed me to submit a proposal or presentation to a client in such fashion. It has no impact on the sound/performance whatsoever.

The remote can be used to neutralize a home-invader, if necessary. I appreciate how solid and substantial it feels, but I just really get off on rotating the hockey-puck sized volume control and having the tactile interaction with the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    More comments:

Congratulations.

I doubt you'll regret your decision.

If you liked the 60, I gotta think you'll like the 250 four times more! Joshing, of course, but you will get a fuller cleaner bass and a broader soundstage with the additional power.

Hit the gym daily before it arrives. Squats and curls with 100lbs are encouraged. Lots and lots of sit-ups. Order a hernia and spine dislocation prevention belt and cinch it tightly when handling the amp. Re-confirm that your healthcare insurance premium has been paid. Lift with your legs, not your back. Probably best to not have any essential career-making/breaking presentations planned for the week after you intend to position this in place. Think carefully about where you want this to be situated in your room; you'll only want to position it once. This is one HEAVY piece of kit.

As you've read and discussed in thread above, there will be heat. Kent and Mike can help you manage that given your room/cabinet situation. I ordered a couple of very quiet audio case fans because mine is in a cabinet (with sides and top, but open front and back). The 250 has a thermostat and shuts off when it gets too hot; mine never has, even after hours of listening at 'realistic' orchestra hall levels.

None of the cost has gone into the professional printing of the owner's manual. You'll think Kent just photocopied and put yours in a clear Office Depot sleeve just before it was boxed. It's how I bound my term papers in high school and college; no employer would have allowed me to submit a proposal or presentation to a client in such fashion. It has no impact on the sound/performance whatsoever.

The remote can be used to neutralize a home-invader, if necessary. I appreciate how solid and substantial it feels, but I just really get off on rotating the hockey-puck sized volume control and having the tactile interaction with the power button.

LOL!! LOVE your post! Funny but very informative. Thank you!!

Super Moderator

What do I know, I’m gettin’ more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I miss my Pass Int-60. Wouldn’t mind adding an Xa30.8 or xa25 just for those occasional solid state hankering day’s. Nawww.......don’t need a second amp, huh Joe!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Yeah, Larry, it was the int 60 that made a solid Pass Labs fan out of me. I fell in love with the int 60. But I was more interested in the int 250. So, I called Kent English and discussed both amps with him. And when he discovered I listened primarily to bluegrass he recommended the int 250 due to the percussive sound of acoustic instruments. Bluegrass instruments have a percussive quality to them. Decision made! But I can't purchase it until January. Six more weeks. Can't wait.

Thank God...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Joe, you need an int 250.

Super Moderator

Maybe if I had more conventional speakers. I’m thinking about it. Actually, the JBL 590 should be great with it.

Joe, you need an int 250.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I still like JBL speakers, Joe. Back in the late '70s I owned six JBL L-166 Horizons. I got to hear the new JBL L100s about a year ago. My ears really liked them. There have been some outstanding JBLs over the years. I'm bettin' your JBLs would sound great with the int 250.

Super Moderator

Very nice.

I’m thinking about adding a pair of Harbeth for my Naim SN2 next year. I want a pair of 30.2 Anniversary. My original 30.1 combo with the SN2 was wonderful to my ears.

These JBL 590 were very inexpensive, considering. Not to say that they aren’t good, but for the money they are outstanding. One more and done

Ha! We are never done. Remember that.

I still like JBL speakers, Joe. Back in the late '70s I owned six JBL L-166 Horizons. I got to hear the new JBL L100s about a year ago. My ears really liked them. There have been some outstanding JBLs over the years. I'm bettin' your JBLs would sound great with the int 250.
    Last edited by joeinid; November 18, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Great synergy between NAIM and Harbeth.

Joe, Spring for the 40.2 Anniversaries . We know you can!!! LOVING mine.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Super Moderator

Probably too big for my room. The 40.1 were a little boomy. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post

NAD C 658 streamer.

Yes, Joe be like Joe I used to love Pass Labs INT 250... if I can do it so you can Pass Labs INT 250...

Paul

Super Moderator

Hahahaha!

It’s not easy being me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yes, Joe be like Joe I used to love Pass Labs INT 250... if I can do it so you can Pass Labs INT 250...

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thank God...

Apologies to you. I know all my postings have been a bit (a lot) over the top and perhaps irritating or even obnoxious. I've never been so indecisive about a single thing in my life. I'm usually much more decisive. It's been fun but difficult at the same time. I've embarrassed myself a few times. My actual personality and my forum personality are quite different. But I think I'm a pretty good guy to get to know anyway.

Thankfully, it will be coming to an end in less than 3 weeks now. I can then sit back and enjoy what I've spent easily 100+ hours researching. I even spent $1000+ on a trip to Suncoast Sound for amp auditions. But if all my antics help another audiophile with their decision/s it will be a good thing.

As I've mentioned several times in previous posts, I started this venture last February after a 40+ year absence from high end home audio. I knew almost nothing about contemporary high end home audio. I had a lot of work ahead of me. Just getting up to speed on manufacturer names was a major undertaking. And I'm still learning. I didn't even know Schitt. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I knew NOTHING about the digital aspects of high end audio. I've even been ridiculed for my ignorance in some posts. Growing up in the '50s and '60s, I'm barely computer literate, let alone digitally literate.

Anyway, I'm about to end the (intense) research and acquisition phases of this journey and I'm ready to start the ownership phase. Not that the research phase is ever done. I've read countless reviews on countless components and auditioned some. I've scoured 5 or 6 different forums for information and opinions. But I do feel much more confident in my knowledge of current high end home audio and even what I've learned about the digital aspects the last few weeks.

So, 3 more weeks to "pay day." As some of you know, I split my audio system purchase into 2 separate years (2019 and 2020) for tax purposes. I purchased the speakers, cables, and stands last summer and the remaining components will be purchased next month.

I'll post a review after I have the system up and running. It's kind of ironic that it probably wouldn't matter what brand of components I purchased. In the end I'd likely be just as happy with one component as another, especially higher end components. The components I'm purchasing are such highly rated ones I don't think I could go wrong. I doubt there is anything that sounds appreciably "better" in my system's relative price range. I could certainly find something that sounds as good, but different.

Over the next few months and years it's likely that "different" quality may be what I end up chasing. Hopefully, I will have done such a good job at researching the high end audio market I will find chasing that magical quality unnecessary. But I won't bet on it...yet. Thank you for your patience and tolerance.

Super Moderator

No need to apologize Tom.

NAD C 658 streamer.

i would not worry -- we are all just having fun here with this hobby... and, i for one have quite enjoyed following you quest over the past year and hope that at least a few of my responses have been helpful.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | air tight atc-5 + atm-300r | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + kanjiroba diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    i would not worry -- we are all just having fun here with this hobby... and, i for one have quite enjoyed following you quest over the past year and hope that at least a few of my responses have been helpful.

Your responses to my posts were always helpful and or encouraging. Same with Joe's.

Thanks, Joe. But I know I've vacillated a lot with my choices. And there have been times when I just would have been better off to give it a little break. I've done a lot of "thinking out loud" on the forum when I probably should have kept my thoughts to myself and not been such a "forum hog". But like aKnyght said, we're all just trying to have fun here. That's the bottom line. But I don't want to have my fun at the expense of someone else. That is all.

Bluegrass - hope you are including some Alison Krauss in your listening cycle - btw, I love my Pass Lab Sit-3; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    Studio/Study:
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu Evo Universal Music Server > or McIntosh MVP-901 > Mojo Audio Mystique Evo Dac > Raven Audio Osprey Integrated Tube Amp > Harbeth P3ESR

Main Listening Rig:
    Shunyata Denali D6000/SV2>Mojo Audio Deja Vu Evo Universal Music Server > or Jay's Audio CDT2-Mk3 > TotalDac D1-Tube > VAC Master Preamp > VAC Master 300 > JM Reynaud Orfeo Jubile

Home Theater:
    Xfinity Cable Box or Oppo BDP105D > McIntosh C2300 Preamp > McIntosh MC302 Amp > JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Bluegrass - hope you are including some Alison Krauss in your listening cycle - btw, I love my Pass Lab Sit-3; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, Scotty you can count on that. My new system should really shine with Alison. I'll bet your Pass Labs SIT 3 sounds killer.

Super Moderator

OMG! For efficient speakers, the SIT3 kicks @ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

NAD C 658 streamer.

I don't have Harbeth. I have the INT-250 pairing with Revel Studio2. I wanted Luxman 509X to match with my D-08u but I never audition the 509x. So I replaced the INT-150 with the 250.
    Jim
    ‐--‐-----‐------------‐----------------------------------------------------------
    Esoteric N-05xd, Luxman d08u, Gryphon Diablo-300, Revel Studio2

Conrad Johnson Premier15 phono, ART-2 pre, Premier8A mono, Lumin T2, VPI Classic3, Magnepan 3.7

Jim, if mine is any indication, I'm very confident you're going to love your INT 250. From top end to bottom end it's about as close to audio perfection as you will get. I sure love mine. Can't stop listening to it. It's playing as I write this. Just when I think it couldn't sound any better, it does. I've only had it about a week and it's still breaking in, along with my MSB Discrete dual powered DAC and Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary speakers. I could have had most amps that I wanted under $20,000 and chose the INT 250. It was the right choice for me and my ears. Like I said above...I LOVE it! Hope you like yours as well.
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Headphones/Amp: Focal Stellia phones, NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone Edition headphone amp/music player/server/streamer.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Q3Di View Post
    I don't have Harbeth. I have the INT-250 pairing with Revel Studio2. I wanted Luxman 509X to match with my D-08u but I never audition the 509x. So I replaced the INT-150 with the 250.
    Hi Jim -

The Pass INT 250 should be a terrific match for the Studio 2s. I had Salon 2s and have a friend with Salon 2s being driven beautifully by a Pass 350.8.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Pass Labs INT 250...