Pass Labs INT 250... - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass Labs INT 250...

OK, I'll try this once more...Anyone else out there own or heard the Pass Labs int 250? I'd really appreciate more comments. After countless hours of research and auditioning another Pass amp (int 60), and a visit with Kent at Pass I finally told Mike to order me one. Any other great things I can expect from the int 250?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you ordered a Diablo 300?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, PS Audio BHK preamp, Mystere PA-11, Reynaud Abcisse Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I thought you ordered a Diablo 300?

It's a relatively short, simple story, Jack. It has a little to do with Gryphon, but nothing concerning my dealer, or the forum itself. It's just a personal decision I made. However, to discuss it here would go against forum rules and, as I mentioned above, it's kind of personal.

I still think the D300 is one of the top five integrated amps that money can buy. According to what I've read on the forums and in reviews the Pass Labs int 250 should be included in that top five. It's another amp that really holds my interest right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss my Pass Int-60. Wouldn’t mind adding an Xa30.8 or xa25 just for those occasional solid state hankering day’s. Nawww.......don’t need a second amp, huh Joe!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

5. Likes Mike, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    OK, I'll try this once more...Anyone else out there own or heard the Pass Labs int 250? I'd really appreciate more comments. After countless hours of research and auditioning another Pass amp (int 60), and a visit with Kent at Pass I finally told Mike to order me one. Any other great things I can expect from the int 250?
    More comments:

Congratulations.

I doubt you'll regret your decision.

If you liked the 60, I gotta think you'll like the 250 four times more! Joshing, of course, but you will get a fuller cleaner bass and a broader soundstage with the additional power.

Hit the gym daily before it arrives. Squats and curls with 100lbs are encouraged. Lots and lots of sit-ups. Order a hernia and spine dislocation prevention belt and cinch it tightly when handling the amp. Re-confirm that your healthcare insurance premium has been paid. Lift with your legs, not your back. Probably best to not have any essential career-making/breaking presentations planned for the week after you intend to position this in place. Think carefully about where you want this to be situated in your room; you'll only want to position it once. This is one HEAVY piece of kit.

As you've read and discussed in thread above, there will be heat. Kent and Mike can help you manage that given your room/cabinet situation. I ordered a couple of very quiet audio case fans because mine is in a cabinet (with sides and top, but open front and back). The 250 has a thermostat and shuts off when it gets too hot; mine never has, even after hours of listening at 'realistic' orchestra hall levels.

None of the cost has gone into the professional printing of the owner's manual. You'll think Kent just photocopied and put yours in a clear Office Depot sleeve just before it was boxed. It's how I bound my term papers in high school and college; no employer would have allowed me to submit a proposal or presentation to a client in such fashion. It has no impact on the sound/performance whatsoever.

The remote can be used to neutralize a home-invader, if necessary. I appreciate how solid and substantial it feels, but I just really get off on rotating the hockey-puck sized volume control and having the tactile interaction with the power button.

7. Likes Mike, joeinid, Mechnutt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    More comments:

Congratulations.

I doubt you'll regret your decision.

If you liked the 60, I gotta think you'll like the 250 four times more! Joshing, of course, but you will get a fuller cleaner bass and a broader soundstage with the additional power.

Hit the gym daily before it arrives. Squats and curls with 100lbs are encouraged. Lots and lots of sit-ups. Order a hernia and spine dislocation prevention belt and cinch it tightly when handling the amp. Re-confirm that your healthcare insurance premium has been paid. Lift with your legs, not your back. Probably best to not have any essential career-making/breaking presentations planned for the week after you intend to position this in place. Think carefully about where you want this to be situated in your room; you'll only want to position it once. This is one HEAVY piece of kit.

As you've read and discussed in thread above, there will be heat. Kent and Mike can help you manage that given your room/cabinet situation. I ordered a couple of very quiet audio case fans because mine is in a cabinet (with sides and top, but open front and back). The 250 has a thermostat and shuts off when it gets too hot; mine never has, even after hours of listening at 'realistic' orchestra hall levels.

None of the cost has gone into the professional printing of the owner's manual. You'll think Kent just photocopied and put yours in a clear Office Depot sleeve just before it was boxed. It's how I bound my term papers in high school and college; no employer would have allowed me to submit a proposal or presentation to a client in such fashion. It has no impact on the sound/performance whatsoever.

The remote can be used to neutralize a home-invader, if necessary. I appreciate how solid and substantial it feels, but I just really get off on rotating the hockey-puck sized volume control and having the tactile interaction with the power button.

LOL!! LOVE your post! Funny but very informative. Thank you!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

What do I know, I’m gettin’ more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I miss my Pass Int-60. Wouldn’t mind adding an Xa30.8 or xa25 just for those occasional solid state hankering day’s. Nawww.......don’t need a second amp, huh Joe!
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

10. Likes Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Yeah, Larry, it was the int 60 that made a solid Pass Labs fan out of me. I fell in love with the int 60. But I was more interested in the int 250. So, I called Kent English and discussed both amps with him. And when he discovered I listened primarily to bluegrass he recommended the int 250 due to the percussive sound of acoustic instruments. Bluegrass instruments have a percussive quality to them. Decision made! But I can't purchase it until January. Six more weeks. Can't wait.

12. Likes joeinid, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank God...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, you need an int 250.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast