T+A SDV 3100HV + PDT 3100HV arrive - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T+A SDV 3100HV + PDT 3100HV arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Hello u-sound, I own a MP3100hv. I don't find the item lacking in bass. For that matter, I've read other reviews that said quite the opposite. I'd like to read that review. Would you kindly tell me the publication, and I'll try to find it? I'm not "brandwashed" ( my new term for people who will buy anything from a specific brand)I'd like to see the the other components in the test and any other gear they used for any comparison. Thank you!!!
    Like the term “brand washed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

2. Likes soastrup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I too am guilty of being "brandwashed". Primarily with cars though. I think one needs to be careful . Many brands have been sold over and over. Very often, they aren't representative of the original quality, theory, and goals of the original "brand"....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Thanks. I too am guilty of being "brandwashed". Primarily with cars though. I think one needs to be careful . Many brands have been sold over and over. Very often, they aren't representative of the original quality, theory, and goals of the original "brand"....

Me too. With guitars, amps, banjos, and mandolins, recording gear, and yes...cars. Not so much anymore. But I've been a brand washed fanboy of various things at one time or another. I eventually found I was only cheating myself. I now try to be more open minded about things.

5. Likes Penthouse-D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit to a little brain washing.... emmmm I mean brand preferences .... In computers I will own nothing but a Falcon; they don't offer tablets so the Surface is excluded ... I strongly prefer Mercedes Benz, KEF speakers although other British speakers such as B&W (I do have B&W speakers on our computers by the way) would probably be ok, and I can't help it, I have had McIntosh on the brain (ok, call that one brain washing) ever since jumping back in...

What can I say, I like what I like ... psssst.... T+A is definitely one that would fit the bill also, I just can't afford their higher line products.
    McIntosh MA252 w/Gold Lion Tubes | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Ortofon 2M Bronze | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4 | T+A AMP 8

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.hifinews.com/content/ta-...portdac-page-2

.....OK, at times it may not offer the very last word in sheer bite and impact......

and the verdict:
    Towering in every sense, this T+A digital pairing is both a massive engineering achievement and a fabulously refined way to bring together the two worlds of physical media and file-based/streaming music. It's as future-proofed as you might hope for, and while not exactly red in tooth and claw, it transcends mere sonic fireworks by reproducing the most bombastic musical events with unmistakable style

i understood this a little as it could miss the bing bang
    nagra hd dac, mps, cd, (no amp/no music), wilson tunetot, odin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    https://www.hifinews.com/content/ta-...portdac-page-2

.....OK, at times it may not offer the very last word in sheer bite and impact......

and the verdict:
    Towering in every sense, this T+A digital pairing is both a massive engineering achievement and a fabulously refined way to bring together the two worlds of physical media and file-based/streaming music. It's as future-proofed as you might hope for, and while not exactly red in tooth and claw, it transcends mere sonic fireworks by reproducing the most bombastic musical events with unmistakable style

i understood this a little as it could miss the bing bang
    HifiNews reviews of the T+A Products have lately been carried out by Andrew Everard who likes the stuff without being overwhelmed. Andrew usually scores lower than the reviews by the late John Bamford for comparable products. He calls is the way he sees it, and I like the way he writes even if I love T+A more than he does. As always, go and check it out for yourself!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9