Listening to music in analog... - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Listening to music in analog...

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Then donate it to someone trying out analog ...
    I do in-home pick up and buy a nice dinner.

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Itís a real nice SME if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arenít they all nice, analog TT is definitely a mood thing, the ritual you just gotta love it or its not going to work , only those who do , get it ...

Regards

BTW Mike ,

would love to see a record cleaning post, there are so many machines available today to sort through ....!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Arenít they all nice, analog TT is definitely a mood thing, the ritual you just gotta love it or its not going to work , only those who do , get it ...

Regards

BTW Mike ,

would love to see a record cleaning post, there are so many machines available today to sort through ....!
    I own the ClearAudio Double Matrix. Itís awesome. The AD is also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

5. Likes thase13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After starting with vinyl as my analogue standard almost 60 years ago, I made the revelatory (for me) discovery of 15ips 2 track reel to reel tape in 2007. That is the gold standard for me for reproduced sound. Any recording made before the early to mid 80's was recorded on reel to reel tape and commercial and other sources demonstrate how much is lost in its conversion to digital or even vinyl. If you haven't had the experience, particularly with first or second generation copies of master tapes (the same generations from which digital copies and vinyl are begun to be made), please try to find a friend who can play these tapes, or, even better, will allow you to borrow their machines and some of their tapes.

I spent the weekend helping a friend in his room at the California Audio Show. We played tapes about 90% of the time. He told me that it is quite unusual for people to stay listening in a room in a show for 30 or 45 minutes, even an hour or more. And also having people applaud and come up to thank us for the experience.

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-Lampi Pacific, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-Symmetrical Power&ArtKelmGroundOneIsoTrans,AudioDiskVinylClean er,AirTightRecordFlattener, Scott Rust cables
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs ,50TBripped files

7. Thanks Odyssey thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And don't forget the sometimes excellent liner notes;
    "There is a Japanese visual art in which the artist is forced to be spontaneous. He must paint on a thin stretched parchment with a special brush and black water paint in such a way that an unnatural or interrupted stroke will destroy the line or break through the parchment. Erasures or changes are impossible. These artists must practice a particular discipline, that of allowing the idea to express itself in communication with their hands in such a direct way that deliberation cannot interfere.The resulting pictures lack the complex composition and textures of ordinary painting, but it is said that those who see well find something captured that escapes explanation.
    This conviction that direct deed is the most meaningful reflections, I believe, has prompted the evolution of the extremely severe and unique disciplines of the jazz or improvising musician.
    Group improvisation is a further challenge. Aside from the weighty technical problem of collective coherent thinking, there is the very human, even social need for sympathy from all members to bend for the common result. This most difficult problem, I think, is beautifully met and solved on this recording.
    As the painter needs his framework of parchment, the improvising musical group needs its framework in time,. Miles Davis presents here frameworks which are exquisite in their simplicity and yet contain all that is necessary to stimulate performance with sure reference to the primary conception.
    Miles conceived these settings only hours before the recording dates and arrived with sketches which indicated to the group what was to be played. Therefore, you will hear something close to pure spontaneity in these performances. The group had never played these pieces prior to the recordings and I think without exception the first complete performance of each was a "take."
    --- Bill Evans
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3