Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Venom 14 Digital Power Cords videos

I made a couple of "home movies" today demonstrating the noise reduction capability of the new Shunyata Research Venom 14 Digital power cables.

These new NR-series of power cables were specifically designed for use with DACs, disc players, network bridges, streamers, NAS', routers as well as power supplies for digital components and digital "front ends".

Video 1 demonstrating using a single V14D in series and then in parallel:
    https://youtu.be/42hmSXhiblc

Video 2 demonstrating the addition of a second V14D to a common power strip:
    https://youtu.be/-X9gYpmtlxE

The new Venom 14 Digital cables were a development that spun out of Shunyata Research's sister company for medical imaging, Clear Image Scientific, and utilize the same technology in Shunyata's new line of Venom NR-V10 and V12 power cords. So, you can expect comparable levels of noise suppression with those products when used with your amplifcation components and power distribution systems.

Re: Venom 14 Digital Power Cords videos

I'm curious what Alpha/Sigma do that is any better than V14D?

Why was there audio sound with the noise with stock cable but no audio sound with the Venom cable?

Nice to see real world testing.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    I made a couple of "home movies" today demonstrating the noise reduction capability of the new Shunyata Research Venom 14 Digital power cables.
    Stephen great job making these videos.

You should consider coming up and taking a trip to Shunyata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Stephen, if you have the time and desire to shoot another video, please plug in a fan or a lamp so it can be clear and visible that the circuit is complete with both the shunyata and a cord used for comparison.

It is not clear in your videos as there is no sound when are using shunyata. It is not clear if the circuit was complete?

Thanks Stephen....great video's. I might get the Entec
    h meter to see how my Wireworld PC's compare.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Why was there audio sound with the noise with stock cable but no audio sound with the Venom cable?

Nice to see real world testing.
    Because the AC noise is also output to a speaker on the back of the noise analyzer. The reason there was no audible sound with the Venom 14 Digital cable is because the level of AC noise was so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Thanks Stephen....great video's. I might get the Entec
    h meter to see how my Wireworld PC's compare.
    Hi Paul,
    I found mine on eB*y for $99 New and delivered.

Be interesting to see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Stephen, if you have the time and desire to shoot another video, please plug in a fan or a lamp so it can be clear and visible that the circuit is complete with both the shunyata and a cord used for comparison.

It is not clear in your videos as there is no sound when are using shunyata. It is not clear if the circuit was complete?
    Hi Serge,
    I'll think about shooting another video while plugging in a lamp, but the noise analyzer itself is plugged already plugged into the power strip, and thus, also completes the circuit. Its no functionally different than having a lamp plugged in would be. I'll make a video with a lamp or something similar if I get a chance.

The reason there is no sound with the Shunyata Venom 14 Digital powering the power strip is because the noise level was reduced so much so much by the noise suppression technology.

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I'm curious what Alpha/Sigma do that is any better than V14D?
    I don't know if they would do any better or not; I don't have one on hand to check, so I can't test something I don't have.

I know they utilize the same NR suppresson technology in the new Venom NR-V10 & V12, and now the Venom 14 Digital PCs.

Hi Serge,
    I'll think about shooting another video while plugging in a lamp, but the noise analyzer itself is plugged into the power strip, and thus, also completes the circuit. Its no functionally different than having a lamp plugged in would be.

The reason there is no sound with the Shunyata Venom 14 Digital powering the power strip is because the noise level was reduced so much so much by the noise suppression technology.
    Stephen, at first I thought you had a radio connected somewhere down the line, hence the confusion. So what essentially is happening is the generic powercord is picking up RF interference since it is not well shielded and the sound is being output through the Entech speaker?

Neat experiment Stephen. Thanks for sharing the results.

I've often obsessed with powercords and ICs myself as I did indeed hear RF and other noise bleeding through my speakers before I started using proper power conditioners. At the end of the day, I take the less scientific approach. With my tube amp (they are often more sensitive) and no signal being fed/no music playing, I turn the gain ALL THE WAY UP and listen to speakers. Dead silence.... If there is a problem with any of the cables, power or ICs "picking up" RF or being affected by EMI/RFI, it will Be audible. If not, ALL is good in "Serge Audio Land". I think we can agree that is the most important aspect? No noise from speakers, no problems and if there are, the silence from speakers confirms we can't hear them. (By the way, I use a very inexpensive but value packed power conditioner, you know the one I'm talking about. It's $500, not $5000)

Of course it is way more fun to measure stuff and I like that myself, just with my other hobbies now, not so much audio. Let us know what your impressions are in the overall system response from these well shielded and noise suppressed power cords!

At the prices of the "Venom" 12 and 14 NR's, there is little to worry about. Considering the $$$ invested into the system, the "piece of mind" that they are well shielded and noise suppressed is probably well worth it.

Stephen, at first I thought you had a radio connected somewhere down the line, hence the confusion. So what essentially is happening is the generic powercord is picking up RF interference since it is not well shielded and the sound is being output through the Entech speaker?
    Good thought, Serge.

AFAIK, the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC Mains. I may be wrong about this, but its consistent with what was said in a video produced by Shunyata Research.

IIRC, when I did this experiment with a "regular" Venom 14 powercord, which IS shielded, I also had AM radio coming out of the Entech speaker, along wtih the random AC mains noise.

I'll go back and try again with both a lamp and a regular V14, but my understanding is the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC mains. Stay tuned.

At the prices of the "Venom" 12 and 14 NR's, there is little to worry about. Considering the $$$ invested into the system, the "piece of mind" that they are well shielded and noise suppressed is probably well worth it.
    The new Venom NR-V10 and V12 definitely make the system noticeably quieter and as a result, quite a bit better-sounding. I'll post my impressions with a single NR-V12 when plugged into Gumby at one end and the Triton V1 at the other, but that single power cable alone resulted in a significant improvement in sound quality and overall musical presentation quality.

BTW, the Venom 14 Digitals are quite affordable: $195 and can be obtained in C13, C7, C7P, etc. plugs. Also, if your device C7 receptacle doesn't allow fitting of the C7 NR plug into your device because of the diameter of the NR cylinder, you can have Shunyata make up a custom V14 Digital power cord where the NR suppression circuit is in the AC mains end, and thus the power cord can utilized a small C7 plug at the business end.

Well, may as well throw all the other power cords that are shielded in the trash now because the NR Digital version just made ALL other power cords obsolete Such is the price of progress.

They not only bring peace-of-mind, they bring a very notable improvement in the quality of the sound produced by the stereo, and the musical presentation overall. I was "gobsmacked" at the magnitude of improvement installing a single NR-V12 ($350) brought when installed to power the DAC.

Well, may as well throw all the other power cords that are shielded in the trash now because the NR Digital version just made ALL other power cords obsolete Such is the price of progress.
    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I will be selling all my Shunyata Black Mamba CX and HC/CX power cords (which on average, sold for $700 & $1000 each, respectively, 7 years ago), and replacing them with Venom NR-V10 and V12 power cords, at....approximately 1/2 the cost of the Black Mambas. And also installing Venom 14 Digitals for the Mac Mini, router, and power supplies for the Sonore Optical Module and SOtM UltraNeo.

They not only bring peace-of-mind, they bring a very notable improvmenet in the quality of the sound produced by the stereo and the musical presentation overall. I was "gobsmacked" at the magnitude of improvement installing a single NR-V12 ($350) brought when installed to power the DAC.
    So glad I never bought the $5k power cords! Still using the Guerrilla Audio power cords with a few of Wire World power cords thrown in just for fun and experimentation. The Guerrilla Audio 12g power cords were well shielded, terminated with high quality Wattgate plugs and cost me under $100 each. (Long gone now as they were made by a hobbyist audiophile who was doing it out of passion but no one took him serious since they didn't cost thousands of dollars) I can now re-purpose them for my other hobbies and get serious with Venom NR!

So glad I never bought the $5k power cords! Still using the Guerrilla Audio power cords with a few of Wire World power cords thrown in just for fun and experimentation. The Guerrilla Audio 12g power cords were well shielded, terminated with high quality Wattgate plugs and cost me under $100 each. (Long gone now as they were made by a hobbyist audiophile who was doing it out of passion but no one took him serious since they didn't cost thousands of dollars) I can now re-purpose them for my other hobbies and get serious with Venom NR!
    Yep, sounds like a plan!

You are REALLY going to like tne Venom NR power cords.

Yep, sounds like a plan!

You are REALLY going to like tne Venom NR power cords.
    No doubt! What's there not to like? The price is right and without getting into other voodoo stuff, a power cord should be well shielded, have quality terminations and if now we can have NR (noise reduction) as a cherry on top, we have arrived!

No doubt! What's there not to like? The price is right and without getting into other voodoo stuff, a power cord should be well shielded, have quality terminations and if now we can have NR (noise reduction) as a cherry on top, we have arrived!
    Indeed. The ability of these cords to deliver current on demand (DTCD) is impressive too. When I installed the NR-V10 in place of my Black Mamba HC/CX power cord for the LP-70S power amp, I put on an LP of some very dynamic classical music: "Asturias" by Isaac Albeniz from Suite Espagnola.

I've never heard the amount of dynamic slam from the big Dyns hit like that before...it was amazing. Who needs Wilsons or Magicos?

Thank you very much for the videos, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you very much for the videos, very good.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Stephen great job making these videos.

You should consider coming up and taking a trip to Shunyata.

Sounds like a great idea!

Wow!
    Is this the ultimate proof of how important could be the last meter (to me the first)?
    Can this test be the end of discussion about power cables?

Shunyata uses science and engineering in designing their products. Venom is a great line, and I have the speaker cables in my HT. However, Venom is the entry level, so, if possible, also try some of the higher level cords, interconnects, and speaker cables.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Hi Paul,
    I found mine on eB*y for $99 New and delivered.

Be interesting to see your results.
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Good thought, Serge.

AFAIK, the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC Mains. I may be wrong about this, but its consistent with what was said in a video produced by Shunyata Research.

IIRC, when I did this experiment with a "regular" Venom 14 powercord, which IS shielded, I also had AM radio coming out of the Entech speaker, along wtih the random AC mains noise.

I'll go back and try again with both a lamp and a regular V14, but my understanding is the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC mains. Stay tuned.
    Yes as well from my understanding - just crazy it can occur but understand

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Okaayyy...I just installed a Venom 14 Digital C13 power cord to power my Keces P3 linear power supply that powers my SOtM UltraNeo and....DAYUM!!!

Ohhh, man, if you have a Keces power supply, you just HAVE to try this power cord on it.

The degree of improvement the V14D brought to the Keces has really suprised me; its almost of the order of improvement from putting the NR-V12 onto the Schiit Gumby DAC.

VERY quiet, open, spacious, detailed but not overly-etched, strident or bright. Fullsome, lovely, textured, layered, gorgeous, and just oh so musical....

Stephen

Just for clarification are you talking about the older $125 cable or the new $350 power cable?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Stephen

Just for clarification are you talking about the older $125 cable or the new $350 power cable?
    Hi Jack,
    I am talking about the new Venom 14 Digital noise reducing cable that sells for $195.

Cheers!

Where would that cable be available for purchase as all that's listed on Shunyata's website is the Venom 14 from several years ago that is sold by their two largest dealers (The Cable Company and MD) for $125.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Where would that cable be available for purchase as all that's listed on Shunyata's website is the Venom 14 from several years ago that is sold by their two largest dealers (The Cable Company and MD) for $125.
    It's not up on their website yet. Mike can place an order for you through Suncoast Audio.

Venom NR-V12 and 10 are both on TheCableCo website.

I am such a cable slut. I have a dedicated 20amp outlet for a VanEvers Model 85 line conditioner which
    has a Plasma tv Keces,Gigafoil,modem and wifi router.
    And a HTS 5000 power conditioner that currently has a computer (still planning my fanless/silent computer to use with my still in the box HDPlex 200w power supply and 400w HiFi DC-ATX power supply for a Roon core dedicated computer) and the twin SVS subs attached. The Monster has a fixed power cord but the VanEvers has the original VanEvers power cord. So, I just order the Venom NR V12 from the Cable Company for the VanEvers. I'm curious to see if it effects both units in any way.

I am such a cable slut
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Sorry, I did not understand, the Venom 14 is already on sale or not? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I am such a cable slut. I have a dedicated 20amp outlet for a VanEvers Model 85 line conditioner which
    has a Plasma tv Keces,Gigafoil,modem and wifi router.
    And a HTS 5000 power conditioner that currently has a computer (still planning my fanless/silent computer to use with my still in the box HDPlex 200w power supply and 400w HiFi DC-ATX power supply for a Roon core dedicated computer) and the twin SVS subs attached. The Monster has a fixed power cord but the VanEvers has the original VanEvers power cord. So, I just order the Venom NR V12 from the Cable Company for the VanEvers. I'm curious to see if it effects both units in any way.

I am such a cable slut
    Darryl now that we know who you really are, I believe you’ll hear a difference. Depending on timing we both see what it’ll do to your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Sorry, I did not understand, the Venom 14 is already on sale or not? Thank you.
    Yes, you can place an order with Mike for a Venom 14 Digital.

OK. Thank you

Darryl now that we know who you really are, I believe you’ll hear a difference. Depending on timing we both see what it’ll do to your setup.
    Sometimes forums can be the AA (Alcohol Anonymous ) side of Audio. We all are pattern driven and one of my patterns is never buy one thing when you can buy at least two things. I also ordered two sets of these with carpet spikes.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Here is the link to the new Venom 14 Digital on Shunyata Research's web site: https://shunyata.com/products/power-...m-v14-digital/

Here is the link to the new Venom 14 Digital on Shunyata Research's web site: https://shunyata.com/products/power-...m-v14-digital/
    Hey Stephen, did you send this to yourself?

Hey Stephen, did you send this to yourself?

Ha! LOL.

Nope, but I peruse Shunyata's web site every couple of days because they have been having a succession of product releases one after another the last couple weeks. They have been hitting on all cylinders of late, since the launch of the NR-series of Venom power cords.

I use V14 with C7 power cords on my AppleTV and internet modem. Good stuff.

I ordered them in early June. V14 and V14 Digital any different?

Received the first of my two packages from "The Cable Company" today. A 1.75m Shunyata Venom NR V12 power cable. Shunyata does like to pack their cables in a cool case with lots of literature. Just hooked the cable to my VanEvers Model 85 Reference line conditioner. Too early to see and hear if it has any effect to my cable, modem, router etc. I could give a early impression. But, it may be I just want to hear and or see a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talk to Mike privately, he sells for 120V and I need 220V. I will look for a European seller.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post

Received the first of my two packages from "The Cable Company" today. A 1.75m Shunyata Venom NR V12 power cable. Shunyata does like to pack their cables in a cool case with lots of literature. Just hooked the cable to my VanEvers Model 85 Reference line conditioner. Too early to see and hear if it has any effect to my cable, modem, router etc. I could give a early impression. But, it may be I just want to hear and or see a difference.
    It looks beautifull. Congratulations!

It's a Venom or a Delta? I thought the Venom series had molded barrels, and Delta and above were assembled with screws.

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    It's a Venom or a Delta? I thought the Venom series had molded barrels, and Delta and above were assembled with screws.
    If You enlarge the picture you can see "Venom" on the two blue end connectors and on the enclosed specification card.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team