Venom 14 Digital Power Cords videos - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Venom 14 Digital Power Cords videos

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Yep, sounds like a plan!

You are REALLY going to like tne Venom NR power cords.
    No doubt! What's there not to like? The price is right and without getting into other voodoo stuff, a power cord should be well shielded, have quality terminations and if now we can have NR (noise reduction) as a cherry on top, we have arrived!
    Serge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    No doubt! What's there not to like? The price is right and without getting into other voodoo stuff, a power cord should be well shielded, have quality terminations and if now we can have NR (noise reduction) as a cherry on top, we have arrived!
    Indeed. The ability of these cords to deliver current on demand (DTCD) is impressive too. When I installed the NR-V10 in place of my Black Mamba HC/CX power cord for the LP-70S power amp, I put on an LP of some very dynamic classical music: "Asturias" by Isaac Albeniz from Suite Espagnola.

I've never heard the amount of dynamic slam from the big Dyns hit like that before...it was amazing. Who needs Wilsons or Magicos?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the videos, very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you very much for the videos, very good.
    You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Stephen great job making these videos.

You should consider coming up and taking a trip to Shunyata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sounds like a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    Is this the ultimate proof of how important could be the last meter (to me the first)?
    Can this test be the end of discussion about power cables?

Post Thanks / Like

Shunyata uses science and engineering in designing their products. Venom is a great line, and I have the speaker cables in my HT. However, Venom is the entry level, so, if possible, also try some of the higher level cords, interconnects, and speaker cables.
    Bud

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

8. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul,
    I found mine on eB*y for $99 New and delivered.

Be interesting to see your results.
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Good thought, Serge.

AFAIK, the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC Mains. I may be wrong about this, but its consistent with what was said in a video produced by Shunyata Research.

IIRC, when I did this experiment with a "regular" Venom 14 powercord, which IS shielded, I also had AM radio coming out of the Entech speaker, along wtih the random AC mains noise.

I'll go back and try again with both a lamp and a regular V14, but my understanding is the AM radio you hear is actually on the AC mains. Stay tuned.
    Yes as well from my understanding - just crazy it can occur but understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

11. Likes Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okaayyy...I just installed a Venom 14 Digital C13 power cord to power my Keces P3 linear power supply that powers my SOtM UltraNeo and....DAYUM!!!

Ohhh, man, if you have a Keces power supply, you just HAVE to try this power cord on it.

The degree of improvement the V14D brought to the Keces has really suprised me; its almost of the order of improvement from putting the NR-V12 onto the Schiit Gumby DAC.

VERY quiet, open, spacious, detailed but not overly-etched, strident or bright. Fullsome, lovely, textured, layered, gorgeous, and just oh so musical....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast