Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

My search for the best speaker for my is over (for now) LOL!

My search for the best speakers for me is over (for now). Have been demoing speakers for little over a year now and settled down for the Dynaudio Contour 60's.
    I have listened to Focal Kanta 2 and 3, Sopra 2, Magico A3, Almost every Sonus Faber up to $25000 same goes for B&W, Paradigm Persona 3f and many more.
    When I first heard the Contour 60s I felt in love right away and they were producing the sound that I was looking for. Love the look, the finish, the attention to detail of the whole speaker it is just phenomenal.
    I cannot stay away from the bass they produce it brings smiles and joy every day. And they are the perfect size for my open floor house, it fills the whole first floor with amazing sound even though they are not broken in yet they sound really good out of the crates.
    For the money they sell for nothing can touch them IMHO
    They are paired with Mcintosh MC462/ C52

And I have to say big Thanks to Tyler and Dana Mueller from Next Level HiFi out of Wayne, IL for getting me the best deal possible and delivering the speakers to my home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    McIntosh Stereo Amp: MC462
    McIntosh Stereo Preamp: C52
    Stereo Speakers: Dynaudio Contour 60
    Bluesound Streamer: Node 2i

McIntosh HT Amp: MC8207
    Marantz HT Processor: AV8805
    Oppo Blu-Ray Player: UDP-205
    Home Theater Speakers 7.2: B&W 683 S2 Front,
    B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    B&W 685 S2 Surrounds+Backs
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

Re: My search for the best speaker for my is over (for now) LOL!

Congrats, I have had Dyns for years
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

TomilV.......Congratulations on a beautiful pair of speakers. The Dynaudio Contour 60 is a highly regarded speaker. Looking forward to reading your impressions as the break-in continues.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

TomilV. We have heard some spectacular results with Dynaudio speakers particularly in Taiwan shops. For whatever reason we tend to see them used more in Asia than in the USA.

Congratulations and happy listening.
    Front End: MSB Select II DAC, MSB Reference Transport, Magnum Dynalab MD107T, Aiwa AD-F990
    Amplification: Dan D'Agostino Momentum HD Preamplifier & Momentum M400 MxV Monoblocks, Crown XLS 2502 (x3) (subwoofers)
    Speakers: Scaena La Maitresse Ultime Loudspeaker System
    Cables: Shunyata Aeros Aurora-SP, Shunyata Aeros Aurora-IC, Jungson Golden Dragon
    Power: GigaWatt PC-4 EVO+, GigaWatt LS-2HCEVO, Jungson Pure Power, JPS Labs AC+, Transparent HPPC
    Miscellaneous: ​Bohmer/Legacy Audio Wavelet DSP/Room Correction

I really don't know why people shy away from this brand or the Contours for that matter, love the Dynaudio sound and their tweeter so easy on the ears that I can listen to music all day long without getting a headache, I am even considering upgrading my car audio with all Dynaudio components using my old antique McIntosh car amp MC431M that still works like day one.

Quote Originally Posted by laynesaddiction View Post
    TomilV. We have heard some spectacular results with Dynaudio speakers particularly in Taiwan shops. For whatever reason we tend to see them used more in Asia than in the USA.

Congratulations and happy listening.

B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

Super Moderator

Huge congratulations Tom. They look beautiful. My old C1 speakers were spectacular and I’m sure these are stunning. Well done!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Mr Joe, and yes they are stunning and the family loves them which is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Huge congratulations Tom. They look beautiful. My old C1 speakers were spectacular and I’m sure these are stunning. Well done!

B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

Dynaudio great brand. I went through the same as you after much demoing (which is the fun part) I landed on Dynaudio.
    I now run C65 for in ceiling atmos.

Congratulations! I spent a lot of time comparing the C60s to the Magico S3 mk2s and it was a difficult decision to settle on the S3 mk2s. I would have been more than happy with the C60s (and so would my bank bank balance - what amazing bang for buck they are). Enjoy!
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Hi Tommy ...... congrats. As I mentioned on another forum, I also love my Contour 60’s powered by McIntosh C1100/MC601. I’m a wee bit jealous your pair came in the wooden crates. Previously I had only seen the wooden crates for C60 in a write up SoundRebels did. I thought it was for European customers. My C60 came in the wrap around/interlocking cardboard boxes with very dense foam packing around speakers. The wooden crates look the part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You know what, good that you mentioned atmos, I need 4 for my atmos and if you say that they are good I would add those to my setup. What else did you demo for atmos speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Dynaudio great brand. I went through the same as you after much demoing (which is the fun part) I landed on Dynaudio.
    I now run C65 for in ceiling atmos.

B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

B&W and Martin Logan. I wasn't 100% on either. Then I heard the Dynaudio they sound just as good as the other two maybe even better.Dyna is a name I trust and the selling feature for me they seemed beefier. Now that they are in I know I made the right choice for me.

I have followed your thread for awhile but then I lost track and did not know which speaker you picked up, I am glad that you got the Magico S3 Mk2 that would be the one I would've gotten if money was no issue, I do like that brand but the A3 I demoed which was in my price range did not do anything for me and I really wanted to like them but at the end it wasn't the right speaker for me.
    As for the S3 Mk2 they are in a different league and price point which you can't compare to the Contour 60 even though they are not far apart as far as performance they both have their own strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Congratulations! I spent a lot of time comparing the C60s to the Magico S3 mk2s and it was a difficult decision to settle on the S3 mk2s. I would have been more than happy with the C60s (and so would my bank bank balance - what amazing bang for buck they are). Enjoy!

B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

I had no idea they would come in wooden crates, thought it would be cardboard boxes of some sort but I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived and very happy that they came in crates, much easier to handle, move or ship if ever sold.

When did you buy yours because mine came with newer style feet as well, when I demoed them at the store they had the old style feet, so I imagine they upgraded feet and started using wooden crates instead of boxes at the same time

B&W HTM61 S2 Center,
    SVS PB-3000 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by TomiIV View Post
    I had no idea they would come in wooden crates, thought it would be cardboard boxes of some sort but I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived and very happy that they came in crates, much easier to handle, move or ship if ever sold.

When did you buy yours because mine came with newer style feet as well, when I demoed them at the store they had the old style feet, so I imagine they upgraded feet and started using wooden crates instead of boxes at the same time
    I bought my C60 June 2018, did major addition to house which included a dedicated media room build, so didn’t install them until couple months ago.

Mine also came with the new feet, much better than the original feet with the thick rubber padding, I have C30’s for my rears (purchased 2017 and were my 2 channel speakers until C60 arrived). My C30 now have the new feet as well

I can also recommend IsoAcoustics Gaia I footers for the C60. Tightens up bass, improves resolution/imaging.

Like Big B, I went with C65-S4 for my Atmos speakers. Definitely overkill along with the McIntosh amp driving but I wanted an all-Dyn multichannel system. 25C center and pair Sub 6’s round out the system. All speakers are white gloss.

I purchased a pair of Contour 60's on a whim. I have been quite impressed with them when compared to anything else in and above their price point. They reproduce the human voice quite well and sound so "full bodied", other speakers sound "thin" in comparison. I now have the Confidence 30 on order and will see where that takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by TomiIV View Post
    I really don't know why people shy away from this brand or the Contours for that matter, love the Dynaudio sound and their tweeter so easy on the ears that I can listen to music all day long without getting a headache, I am even considering upgrading my car audio with all Dynaudio components using my old antique McIntosh car amp MC431M that still works like day one.
    The silk/soft dome tweeter was one of the main factors when I bought my 82s. They never fatigue my ears. I am using my 42s in my office setup but have originally had 82s, 42s, and the 122c setup for HT.

My favorite Dynadio Speaker is the Consequence, which I got to hear years ago with all the Arbiter Electronics.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

To generalize, I can’t say I’ve ever been disappointed with an “audition” or a “long term” relationship in my own system with a Dynadio speaker. As the saying goes... “Danes don’t lie”.

I listened to the c60 with the momentum amps driving them and have to say they sounded like all anyone could expect from a pair of speakers and the grey oak, oh man! I know they're discounting the ivory oak, and then a gloss black demo pair that I offered $5k on was accepted BUT I would've regretted not getting the grey oak so I backed out. If they were offering the C60 in that finish for the price i've been seeing some others go for I would own them too.
    Congrats
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Tommy,
    Congratulations on your purchase of the new Contour 60s. I would love to hear a pair of these some time.

I've been using Dyns for 10 years now, Contour S3.4s and have been very happy with them. I also bought mine back in 2009 from Tyler at Next Level AV. I can attest to the first-class customer support and service Tyler and Next Level provides; they are a terrific dealer and also very knowledgeable.

And Tyler sets up a mean sound system at audio shows, too!

About 1.5 years ago I took my Contours to another level by installing Esotar 2 tweeters in them, so I know exactly what you mean by the tweeter being so easy to listen to.

I'm personally of the view that Dynaudio is one of the world's TRULY GREAT loudspeaker companies. They provide beautiful, lovely, engaging music and they look beautiful while doing it.

Congrats and enjoy!

C65 your right it is overkill but I like what I get from my overheads. I know you don't get a lot of information to those speakers but if they are working right it definitely adds another dimension to the room. It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
    I bought my C60 June 2018, did major addition to house which included a dedicated media room build, so didn’t install them until couple months ago.

Mine also came with the new feet, much better than the original feet with the thick rubber padding, I have C30’s for my rears (purchased 2017 and were my 2 channel speakers until C60 arrived). My C30 now have the new feet as well

I can also recommend IsoAcoustics Gaia I footers for the C60. Tightens up bass, improves resolution/imaging.

Like Big B, I went with C65-S4 for my Atmos speakers. Definitely overkill along with the McIntosh amp driving but I wanted an all-Dyn multichannel system. 25C center and pair Sub 6’s round out the system. All speakers are white gloss.

Congrats on you're choice it's really beautiful and high end speakers you'll never regret on that.

Tommy,

Congratulations on your purchase of the new Contour 60s. The Dynaudio brand is huge in my part of the world.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Audioshark

Fantastic speakers. Congrats and enjoy!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

loved the dynaudio 72se and 52se when i had them , its a great brand and we hear a lot about the special forty in UK but rarely are the contour range mentioned . they deserve more exposure
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team