Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Two Items for Lumin App Wish List

I greatly appreciate the rock-solid stability of the Lumin App, as well as Lumin's responsiveness in fixing problems noted by users and generally enhancing the Lumin App. Those are things that recently drew me to the Lumin products. I'm a recent purchaser of the Lumin U1 Mini and new member of this forum.

I do have two items for the "wish list" for future enhancements of the Lumin App. I raise these issues since I came to Lumin after first experiencing an Auralic streamer and its proprietary Lightning DS app. These functions are also available when streaming directly from a computer:

1. If possible, please add information about what is playing at the moment on the internet radio (Tune-In Radio) station you are streaming from. Right now, you can't see the artist or track names. Other internet radio functions in other streamers (such as Auralic's V-Tuner implementation) display this information for many stations. I hope this is not a limitation imposed by the Tune-In Radio service itself, but so far, even using the Tune-In Radio app on a computer, the only way I can view artist/track information is to click on the "More" link and go to the station's own website and hunt for that information in a playlist or "now playing" section. That's cumbersome at best.

The V-Tuner station list doesn't show this information, either, but somehow Auralic's implementation of that function does display the artist/track information for many or most stations. And, of course if you are streaming directly from a radio station's website on a computer, this information is always visible.

2. Please add a parametric equalization function to the app if possible. This is now available on Auralic's Lightning DS app and some sort of equalization is available from most computer sound management programs.

I realize that I could add EQ to streamed files if I were using Roon or some other music server programs, but at this point I'm not. I'm using the Lumin to access music streams from the Web (Tidal, Qobuz, internet radio, and other internet streaming services) and have my local music files on a USB stick connected to the back of the U1 Mini. Since the Lumin is the source for all my music streams, it would be nice if it could apply equalization.

Thanks for considering these two wish list items!

Super Moderator

Re: Two Items for Lumin App Wish List

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome to AS!
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

Welcome to the forum.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

I would love to see a EQ feature or at least a Loudness button for low level listening.

Hi My name is George and I am new on this forum. I just bought Lumin U1 Mini. Super great sound streamer. I was using Cambridge Audio CXN before. U1 Mini is much, much better.
    I can confirm that BubbleUpnp app can control volume on U1 Mini. I also use other app HiFi cast. Congratulation U1 Mini is fantastic streamer - good job. It sounds excellent. I have one suggestion and one complain about Lumin app.
    Suggestion:
    can you make Lumin app control volume using physical buttons on the phone. Bubble Upnp can do that also HiFi cast app can do that even if the phone is in sleep mode. Great feature. Lot of albums are recorded with diffrent loudnes so changing volume on player should be simple
    Complain:

When I play music from radio stations Tunein "Playing Now" page is blank on Lumin app. What am I doing wrong?

I am using Android phone.
    Thank you

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by jsadej View Post
    can you make Lumin app control volume using physical buttons on the phone. Bubble Upnp can do that also HiFi cast app can do that even if the phone is in sleep mode. Great feature. Lot of albums are recorded with diffrent loudnes so changing volume on player should be simple
    Complain:

When I play music from radio stations Tunein "Playing Now" page is blank on Lumin app. What am I doing wrong?
    Lumin currently does not support internet radio current music information display. If you use an iPad you can run a radio app (with its own display) and AirPlay to Lumin.

As for volume control using phone button, I think Spotify Connect app supports it. If you can find another OpenHome controller app that supports volume button, you can try that on Lumin player as Lumin is OpenHome compliant.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

As I said in my previous post I can control volume using phone buttons on Bubble Upnp and Hi Fi Cast apps. Both app control volume on Lumin U1 Mini. That's why I am using these apps to control volume using phone buttons. HiFi cast app can control volume even if phone is in sleep mode. Great feature. You telling me to find another OpenHome controller app that supports volume button. I want to use Lumin app but it is missing that feature. Is it big problem to implement something good to Lumin app? I think many people will like it.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Two Items for Lumin App Wish List