Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

50 Years Ago, Apollo 11 Launched to the Moon: A Look Back at the Epic Day

Re: 50 Years Ago, Apollo 11 Launched to the Moon: A Look Back at the Epic Day

Really an incredible time between what went into it and the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I was only 13 at the time but I still remember it well. My dad worked for the company that made the ground simulators used to train the Apollo astronauts.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

I was in boot camp at the time. When they landed on the moon we were allowed to watch it on TV.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Super Moderator

Crazy how time flies.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

It was a very special time in the U.S.of A.........it redefined MANS place in the Universe .....and his thirst for knowledge........
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

The Moon itself presents many mysteries and puzzles. Scientists are still scratching their heads on many aspects of the Moon. I personally find it fascinating that while we know quite a bit about it, there is also much we still don't know... The deeper one starts looking into it, the more fascinating it becomes. https://youtu.be/-2kBRbdGx8I

You'll never look at the Moon the same way again. Everything in this video is easily verified if you are a skeptic. https://youtu.be/DhTagWzkjHk

I'm not much of a believer in conspiracy theories.
    There is a lot of information that says it was a fake in 1969.
    I confess that I did not give much importance until the moment I saw the press conference of the date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI_ZehPOMwI

Did they come from the moon or from a funeral?
    Something is not right ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I'm not much of a believer in conspiracy theories.
    There is a lot of information that says it was a fake in 1969.
    I confess that I did not give much importance until the moment I saw the press conference of the date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI_ZehPOMwI

Did they come from the moon or from a funeral?
    Something is not right ...
    Not to confuse the various conspiracy theories. Putting aside the theory they were never there, let's focus on the other one.

"If" they really saw what "some" claim they saw on the Moon, I believe it would be very difficult to appear any other way but as if one just returned from the funeral instead of the Moon. Imagine the moment one comes face to face with proof of intelligent extraterrestrial life and having to suppress that information.

Many astronauts are either hinting or are openly vocal about extra-terrestrial topic. Gordon Cooper for example, has openly discussed his encounter with a UFO at Edwards Airforce Base. https://youtu.be/4-KAts8vp4I

Neil Armstrong 25th Anniversary speech at the White House. Very cryptic I'd say... "Remove one of truth's protective layers"? Indeed! https://youtu.be/PUx1SURbb3g

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Putting aside the theory they were never there, let's focus on the other one.
    Can we go step by step?
    Something is not right about the behavior of the astronauts at the press conference.
    It seems easier (to me) to think that the embarrassment was due to the fact that they were actors in a farce than to extrapolate and think that they found aliens ....

Can we go step by step?
    Something is not right about the behavior of the astronauts at the press conference.
    It seems easier (to me) to think that the embarrassment was due to the fact that they were actors in a farce than to extrapolate and think that they found aliens ....
    I saw historic footage of the interviews with Armstrong and Aldrin spouses on the day they were landing on the Moon. Both seemed off kilter and odd in their responses but that doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. I’ve researched the topic extensively. Let’s just say I don’t like discussing it publicly.

I’m waiting for 2024 with anticipation of the next Moon missions. So far they are way behind schedule and grossly over budget as well as facing quite a few “challenges”. Seems it was far easier in 1969... Then again, during the Cold War, the budget allocated to NASA proportionally speaking was much bigger.

Let’s just say I don’t like discussing it publicly.
    You started the topic...

...grossly over budget as well as facing quite a few “challenges”. Seems it was far easier in 1969... Then again, during the Cold War,
    Precisely, joining the tips "cold war" and the challenge of President Kennedy to be done "before the end of the decade"...

But on this subject I admit that you know more and understand that it is not an easy subject.
    So congratulations to the trip to the moon and to the space search that may one day lead us to the answers we are looking for.

You started the topic...

Precisely, joining the tips "cold war" and the challenge of President Kennedy to be done "before the end of the decade"...

But on this subject I admit that you know more and understand that it is not an easy subject.
    So congratulations to the trip to the moon and to the space search that may one day lead us to the answers we are looking for.
    Correction, I started the "mysteries of the moon itself" topic, not the Apollo conspiracy theories. The Moon remains a very mysterious object.

At 1/4 the size of Earth and only 1.2% of Earth's mass, if the Moon was really made of "Cheese" it would have been much, much heavier....

Don’t care. I just got back from a great day and talked to friends about how awesome this program was and still will be. I’m all in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Don’t care. I just got back from a great day and talked to friends about how awesome this program was and still will be. I’m all in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    We have the “near future” missions to look forward to now. Will be fascinating to watch the program develop and the eventual moon landing.

I have been watching all the replayed programs on TV for this occasion as well as watching First Man last night. Can't really stand Ryan Gosling, it was more like staring at a Kevin Kostner borefest.

The movie made NA out to be as odd as what some have written above.

I also have 2 uncles who worked for NASA back then, one helped developed the suits worn up there, and the other developed a program that determined the heat shield requirements still being used for satellites and rockets.

Whether it was real or fake, in my opinion we spend WAY too much tax payer dollars on this stuff while people die of hunger in the streets. Just the cost of the Launch Pad itself would probably feed a starving country.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I have been watching all the replayed programs on TV for this occasion as well as watching First Man last night. Can't really stand Ryan Gosling, it was more like staring at a Kevin Kostner borefest.
    I can understand it's not a movie for everyone. Try watching some modern Russian space movies, I believe your appreciation of the Hollywood space movies will grow. On the subject of movies, there's a recent 4K release of Moon (2009), a sci-fi movie.

As for the conspiracy theories, I've read a couple of web pages and Wikipedia, and choose to believe the landing did occur.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    I can understand it's not a movie for everyone. Try watching some modern Russian space movies, I believe your appreciation of the Hollywood space movies will grow. On the subject of movies, there's a recent 4K release of Moon (2009), a sci-fi movie.

As for the conspiracy theories, I've read a couple of web pages and Wikipedia, and choose to believe the landing did occur.
    Conspiracy theories are fun to talk about, etc., I also have no doubt the moon landings did indeed occur. There was something like three or four HUNDRED THOUSAND people associated, in some way, with NASA ( suppliers, employees, etc,) during the 10 year period of the Apollo project. Even if heavily compartmentalized, there would probably have to been at least several hundred, if not more, individuals involved to have pulled off the greatest hoax/deception in Human history. Do you know how difficult it is for just two people to maintain a secret....any secret, let alone one of this magnitude..... Somebody would have spilled the beans by now. Even the Russians, who would have every reason to cast doubt , have not

Anyway looking forward to further exploration of our immediate cosmos.....Return to the moon... Mars ?....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Banned

Attached Images Attached Images

Some commenter on YouTube joked about conspiracy theories:
    yes, the moon landing didn't occur -- the moon really didn't land...
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

One of my wife's grandfathers was a farmer and a devout 'flat Earther' who never left his home county until late in life, when he visited the beach with some relatives. Upon seeing the ocean for the first time, he reputedly said, "Hmm, not as big as I thought it'd be." (Which makes perfect sense if you thought the Earth was flat!)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

50 Years Ago, Apollo 11 Launched to the Moon: A Look Back at the Epic Day