Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Jeep Gladiator

Jeep Gladiator

Any Jeep fans among us? Here is a nice video of the new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. https://youtu.be/BYozGjdBKgI

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Jeep Gladiator

Yes I am, count me in please.

20180422_134607.jpg
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Super Moderator

I would absolutely love to be driving around in the Gladiator. I’m sure it’s pretty cool. A few Jeep guys at work and after a drive in one I was very impressed by how absolutely smooth it was on the road. I thought for sure it would knock my fillings out. I was so wrong. I’d like to test drive the new Gladiator.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I would absolutely love to be driving around in the Gladiator. I’m sure it’s pretty cool. A few Jeep guys at work and after a drive in one I was very impressed by how absolutely smooth it was on the road. I thought for sure it would knock my fillings out. I was so wrong. I’d like to test drive the new Gladiator.
    Joe, I'm in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland as my daily but have taken a Wrangler JLU out for a test drive few times and really liked it.
    It is a bit more hard core than the GC. Since I always wanted a Wrangler but have never pulled the trigger, I may consider the Wrangler JLU next. I don't really have any need or use for a pickup but the Gladiator sure does look nice and you have the top to pop when the weather is nice.

Super Moderator

It’s definitely a cool package. And, the Jeeps are one of the few vehicles that really hold their value for some reason. I guess the popularity has something to do with it.

I had a very early Grand Cherokee and loved that vehicle. It was around the time we had some terrible winter years and I was driving through tons of snow without a care in the world. I wasn’t cocky but felt confident and was coming to work when nobody else even tried. Amazing.
    Last edited by joeinid; July 16, 2019 at 12:37 AM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    It’s definitely a cool package. And, the Jeeps are one of the few vehicles that really hold their value for some reason. I guess the popularity has something to do with it.
    The Wranglers certainly do hold value. I would imagine it would be similar with Gladiators.

I have a Gladiator Launch Edition ordered. Probably won't get it till late August tho. They had a delay in the color I wanted. Granite Crystal. I haven't driven one, but when I saw it in the flesh last year at CES I was hooked.

I have a JK Wrangler and my wife has a JLU Wrangler. You could say we are a Jeep family.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I have a Gladiator Launch Edition ordered. Probably won't get it till late August tho. They had a delay in the color I wanted. Granite Crystal. I haven't driven one, but when I saw it in the flesh last year at CES I was hooked.

I have a JK Wrangler and my wife has a JLU Wrangler. You could say we are a Jeep family.
    Definitely Jeep fan family in my book. Congrats on the Gladiator! Nice color choice!

I’m starting to see quite a few Gladiators out on the streets. Then again I see at least 3-5 Wranglers on a “few mile” local errand trips. Of course the Jeep dealer within a few miles of my house has something to do with skewing the odds of seeing a Jeep

I have had 4 jeeps and currently have a JK Rubicon Unlimited. The gladiator looks nice but i think it needs a lift and some wider arches and wheels. Right now it looks a little bit too svelte imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    I have had 4 jeeps and currently have a JK Rubicon Unlimited. The gladiator looks nice but i think it needs a lift and some wider arches and wheels. Right now it looks a little bit too svelte imho.
    Agreed. All easily fixed. Jeep Gladiator first time off-road video 2" Lift with 37" tires. https://youtu.be/Q4RHJEsEAv8

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Agreed. All easily fixed. Jeep Gladiator first time off-road video 2" Lift with 37" tires. https://youtu.be/Q4RHJEsEAv8
    Nice. I might need to increase my tyres from 34 to 37 inch too but i am not sure i want to re-gear mine...my 34 look anaemic...

A bed rack, new tent and new wheels and tires are only the beginning. Blueberry pancakes too...

https://youtu.be/NNW4I0B0QLs

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    A bed rack, new tent and new wheels and tires are only the beginning. Blueberry pancakes too...

https://youtu.be/NNW4I0B0QLs
    Now that’s funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Jeep Gladiator