Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Active Speakers - would you consider?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Apparently neither can Mike, since he liked a bunch of active speakers at Munich and he doesn't use your imaginary Class A amp with his AGs.
    Unless of course, it's your imagination....
    There are meds to help your cognitive dissonance , indulge ....!

Audioshark

Active Speakers - would you consider?

Apparently neither can Mike, since he liked a bunch of active speakers at Munich and he doesn't use your imaginary Class A amp with his AGs.
    Unless of course, it's your imagination....
    I was very impressed by some active speakers at Munich.

But tubes rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ve tried several class A (Pass, Gryphon, Luxman). Tubes rule.

Mike, Tubes rule at doing what with what speakers?
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    There are meds to help your cognitive dissonance , indulge ....!
    Any suggested meds for your imaginary speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I think Avantgardes, but don't quote me

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Any. Active Speakers - would you consider?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

How are you measuring AJ , anechoic or GP ..?

How are you measuring , anechoic ? Ground plane ..?
    regards
    Lets see your speakers and measurements. Tough when it all imaginary eh?

How are you measuring AJ , anechoic or GP ..?
    Your speakers? I'm thinking by dimebag or ounces?

Any suggested meds for your imaginary speakers?
    They image so well they disappear hard to see ...

Your speakers? I'm thinking by dimebag or ounces?
    Your selling speakers and your tech behind them is ball washing bloviation thats sad man , Campion shamed ..

Let me know the size of the room, what model are you using , my one criteria is you have to build all your drivers yourself nothing purchased apart from parts necessary to make , less see how good your online EE degree is ....

ohhh look she runs ....!

They image so well they disappear hard to see ...
    According to whom?

Campion shamed ..
    Did them proud Sunday. Where was your demo?

Psst, Mr Wayne

https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post278519

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...speaker-system - Wow

Don't be so jealous now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me know the size of the room
    Big enough for any Class A amp you won't bring, for the world to see making yourself look silly.

Haha, you pull measurements off the internet to show how good your speakers are

What a guy .....

Quad ESL , knock yourself out

Did them proud Sunday. Where was your demo?
    Speakers big and the class A amp weighs 200 lbs , better you put your class D amps in your back pocket and fall in ...

Regards ...

Quad ESL , knock yourself out

You were saying?

Haha, you pull measurements off the internet
    My posted measurements are on my hard drive, yours are imaginary, like your speakers

Speakers big and the class A amp weighs 200 lb.
    Yet small enough to exist only in your head.
    Big imaginations again...

My room at Flexpo will be waiting for your imaginary Class A. Cameras will be rolling. Scared eh?
    Hit the pipe prior, come relaxed

Audioshark

Ok, you both need to take a break on this thread. The pointless bickering kind of ruined the point of my thread.

Back on point, after deciding I wasn't jumping into the bottomless pit of component matching I bought a clean used pair of Meridian DSP8000's and the 'se' upgrade kit. With the price a known up front I was less apprehensive and while expensive (for me) quite affordable in hifi terms. They're full range, adjustable, accurate and musical.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Who let the dogs out >>>?>>>?>>>?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Who let the dogs out >>>?>>>?>>>?

"Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof"

Well that was fun.

Unfortunately the bickering has merely migrated to another thread.

Back on point, as evidenced at Munich 2019, active loudspeakers are on-trend and a rapidly growing market segment. Audiophiles remain cautious which is curious when most recognise that synergy between an amplifier and speaker is a fundamental for great sound. When their ability to choose an amplifier is removed many audiophile politely decline. Perhaps this simply demonstrates that we are box junkies?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Stereo - issue #32 just did a mini survey of active speakers.

https://stereo-magazine.com/index.ph...14a9&download=

Kiwis, that probably holds true for the well heeled as stereo like cars can often be used to display financial status. I drive a Chevy, always have and when I realized that the best speakers I could afford needed like priced amps I bailed. Like imported motorcycles affording the price and then the maintenance are two different things. I love the music and owning active just makes sense for me
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

In my own opinion, actives are a win win. Simply because the crossovers are not part of the equation, they are the end result as in all parts involved.
    I owned some of the best actives coming out of Australia at the time & probably still current today, yet I had people listen to them that just wanted to tear them down & make them small. I went from Sonus Faber Stradivaris with MC2301 monos to the speakers I mention. I remember sitting in front of the actives & thinking, yep they're really good, i had the same thought in several different places around the house over the next few hours. Have never forgotten those speakers, then again, I've always remembered the uneasiness of the Strads when used with the type of music they weren't totally comfortable with ...

Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    Kiwis, that probably holds true for the well heeled as stereo like cars can often be used to display financial status. I drive a Chevy, always have and when I realized that the best speakers I could afford needed like priced amps I bailed. Like imported motorcycles affording the price and then the maintenance are two different things. I love the music and owning active just makes sense for me

I am broadly supportive of active loudspeakers. As I mentioned in an earlier post, actives are on-trend and a growing market segment. The integration of amplification and speaker - when done well - should ensure sonic synergy and de-risk investment.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by nicoludio View Post
    Stereo - issue #32 just did a mini survey of active speakers.

https://stereo-magazine.com/index.ph...14a9&download=
    I wasn’t able to open. Are you able to share the results?

This should work - they must have moved it to the archives. It’s issue #23.

https://stereo-magazine.com/archive/issues

I went to the avr forum revel thread and begged KV and company for an active version of the salon 2. If I recall correctly the reply was there was too much time invested into perfecting the passive ones in use... They’re the experts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team