MSB Reference DAC - Another thumbs up vote and quick review - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MSB Reference DAC - Another thumbs up vote and quick review

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Brodric,

Which model Grandioso do you own? I owned the Grandioso K1 Player and G1 Master Clock. They were outstanding sounding components and I have nothing but excellent things to say about them. But to my ears, the Select II DAC produces a significantly higher level of realism. I was able to do a direct comparison in my home system. I’m not trying to invalidate your opinion. Audio component tastes are, as we know, highly subjective.

Best,
    Ken
    Ken, may I ask in which way, sound wise, do you think the Select II DAC produces a significantly higher level of realism?

Thanks
    Al
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    Ken, may I ask in which way, sound wise, do you think the Select II DAC produces a significantly higher level of realism?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

The Select II DAC provides a level of detail, nuance, clarity and layering that are very close to a live musical event with an unprecedented level of ease. In my experience, nearly all other digital sources tend to deliver the former and not the latter or vice versa.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Al,

The Select II DAC provides a level of detail, nuance, clarity and layering that are very close to a live musical event with an unprecedented level of ease. In my experience, nearly all other digital sources tend to deliver the former and not the latter or vice versa.

Best,
    Ken
    Thanks, Ken, for the informative answer!
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

5. Likes Alpinist liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2