Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Please help

Please help

Hi all. I need your help to solve a problem. I have connected my audio equipment (amplifier and streamer) and a TV to a shoe Bada model LB 5500. When I connect the Bada power cable to the power (to the wall) a buzzing sound enters my speakers, I had to disconnect the cable from the land of Bada so that the buzzing disappears, I mean if Bada power cable is connected normally (3-prong plug) there is hum, if I connect without the ground wire disappears. What should I do so that the Bada is normally connected to the current and not have the buzz. If anyone knows how to solve it, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much. Greetings.

Bada LB5500

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (1.35 MB, 165 views)

Re: Please help

Any help please?

Super Moderator

Seems like you are having a grounding issue. These things can be very difficult to track down. Maybe we will get some ideas on how to fix it. Have you tried a normal power strip instead of this unit? Maybe it’ll be better to not use it at all.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Seems like you are having a grounding issue. These things can be very difficult to track down. Maybe we will get some ideas on how to fix it. Have you tried a normal power strip instead of this unit? Maybe it’ll be better to not use it at all.

Thanks for answering. At this moment I have disconnected the ground wire of the Bada power cable and there is no buzz, my idea was to buy a better quality power cable for Bada, but first I have to solve this problem. Sorry if I do not explain well. My only problem is when the plug of the Bada power cord has a connection to the ground.

Super Moderator

It might be dangerous but leaving the ground unconnected might be the only way to keep it silent.

What might be an interesting experiment is to try disconnecting each plug until the speaker go silent. Sometimes it’s only one piece that causes the buzz.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    It might be dangerous but leaving the ground unconnected might be the only way to keep it silent.

What might be an interesting experiment is to try disconnecting each plug until the speaker go silent. Sometimes it’s only one piece that causes the buzz.

Good idea, I'll try it. Thank you.

My guess it is the TV. Is the TV connected to a coax cable? I don't know what the cable TV system is like in Argentina, but in Canada it causes all kinds of ground loop issues when the TV is connected into an audio system.
    Dan Santoni

Authorized service for (in no particular order) - Copland, Cary, Unison Research, Allnic, Modwright, Ayon, Hegel, Belles, Aesthetix, Coincident, Zesto and a whole bunch more

Custom Manufacturer of Blackdog HiFi.

www.dtsaudioelectronics.com
    www.blackdoghifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    My guess it is the TV. Is the TV connected to a coax cable? I don't know what the cable TV system is like in Argentina, but in Canada it causes all kinds of ground loop issues when the TV is connected into an audio system.
    Hello, thank you for commenting, I tell you that my amplifier is not connected to the TV, the power cable of the TV is connected to the Bada, when I have free time I will try what the joeinid user told me. Greetings.

Does it buzz when no equipment is attached? If it doesn't, try isolating the one that makes it buzz one at a time. Lift the ground on the offender. If it does buzz without anything attached, keep it ungrounded, or consider the unit and home wiring a miss match.
    Main System: Analog - Linn LP12, Origin Live DC motor and Controller, SME V arm, Benz Ruby H 2 cartridge, Wright Sound preamp. Digital - Intel NUC I-7, 16 gig ram, Jriver media center 24, Wyrd4 Sound 2V2 SE Dac, Fathom Hard Drives.
    H-Cat Version 9 preamp, ARC Reference 75 amp, Custom line source speakers - 10 SB Acoustics midwoofers, 10 Fountek ribbon tweeters. JL Audio Fathom f112 Subs
    Wire - T G Audio, Shunyata, Synergistic Research , Audioquest, Lewis silver foil, Duelund, Transparent.

Looking at a photo of the Bada LB-3300 internals, particularly this image, it appears the outlets ground lines are wired in series instead of in parallel (star). Also, the unfiltered power lines coming from the IEC inlet are run along the side of the enclosure, alongside the ground lines, to the front toggle switch. It's also not clear to me if there is any chassis ground, but it might go through one of the PCB screws.

The LB-5500, which claims to support 3000W and 15A, might be constructed differently but I wasn't able to find any photos of the interior.

For comparison, here is what the APC H15 internals look like. The wiring you see matches up with the bank illustration on the rear. The APC H15 supports 1500W and 15A.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

it appears the outlets ground lines are wired in series instead of in parallel (star)
    They're not in series, just daisy chained from outlet to outlet much like your house wiring would be done. The APC you show does the same thing.
    You may have a point though. Checking the integrity of those grounds may help.
    There's not much filtration in the Bada. Most of the jacks just have a capacitor across them., Two have a coil in series.
    I think chassis ground may come from the two outlets closet to the IEC. Probably from the mounting screws. Not a legal way to do it, at least in this country.
    Dan Santoni

Authorized service for (in no particular order) - Copland, Cary, Unison Research, Allnic, Modwright, Ayon, Hegel, Belles, Aesthetix, Coincident, Zesto and a whole bunch more

Custom Manufacturer of Blackdog HiFi.

www.dtsaudioelectronics.com
    www.blackdoghifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    They're not in series, just daisy chained from outlet to outlet much like your house wiring would be done. The APC you show does the same thing.
    You may have a point though. Checking the integrity of those grounds may help.
    There's not much filtration in the Bada. Most of the jacks just have a capacitor across them., Two have a coil in series.
    I think chassis ground may come from the two outlets closet to the IEC. Probably from the mounting screws. Not a legal way to do it, at least in this country.
    I'm familiar with daisy chain and series being interchangeable in this context? But I share the same concerns as you. And a parallel grounding arrangement might help mitigate ground loop hum.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

Dear thank you very much for your comments, I would like to remind you that my electric wiring has been changed very recently. Everything is working correctly. Tomorrow I will do several tests with different powers cable, all the powers cables I use in my equipments are connectors american (3 legs) I'm thinking about trying the amplifier and the streamer, with American and European power cables (2 legs) and see if I can find the problem. Unfortunately I do not understand anything about electronics and I can not comment on what they are talking about. Greetings.

Hi all. I tell you to disarm the Bada LB 5500 below I put the photos, connect the power cable of Bada power, and start connecting my equipment, first the amplifier, zero buzz, then the power cable of the TV there is no buzz , and the last one was connected the Lumin D2, I do not have any hum in the speakers, I put a picture of the power cable connector of Bada, there you can clearly see the ground wire disconnected (I had this way before) now all connected and without buzzing, it's weird but good, in these days I'm going to change Bada's power cable, something of good quality and I see this story as follows.

Bada LB 5500

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (3.31 MB, 53 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (3.65 MB, 54 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (3.37 MB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (3.89 MB, 49 views)

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    I put a picture of the power cable connector of Bada, there you can clearly see the ground wire disconnected (I had this way before) now all connected and without buzzing, it's weird but good, in these days I'm going to change Bada's power cable, something of good quality and I see this story as follows.
    I think you're saying you now have the ground wire connected and there is no buzzing? That's great and please keep the ground wire connected because it is there for your safety. It could be that some other component in your home or even from outside your home was temporarily creating interference that somehow got through to your electronics.
    Neko Audio

Quote Originally Posted by NekoAudio View Post
    I think you're saying you now have the ground wire connected and there is no buzzing? That's great and please keep the ground wire connected because it is there for your safety. It could be that some other component in your home or even from outside your home was temporarily creating interference that somehow got through to your electronics.

Hello, thank you for commenting, yes, that's right, the ground wire was disconnected and yesterday I plugged it again, right now I'm listening to music and without any problem, if at some point the buzz comes back I'll try changing the power cables of the amplifier and the streamer (I will replace the european connectors, 2 legs)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Please help