Please help - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help

it appears the outlets ground lines are wired in series instead of in parallel (star)
    They're not in series, just daisy chained from outlet to outlet much like your house wiring would be done. The APC you show does the same thing.
    You may have a point though. Checking the integrity of those grounds may help.
    There's not much filtration in the Bada. Most of the jacks just have a capacitor across them., Two have a coil in series.
    I think chassis ground may come from the two outlets closet to the IEC. Probably from the mounting screws. Not a legal way to do it, at least in this country.
    Dan Santoni

Authorized service for (in no particular order) - Copland, Cary, Unison Research, Allnic, Modwright, Ayon, Hegel, Belles, Adcom, Aesthetix, Coincident, Zesto and a whole bunch more

Custom Manufacturer of Blackdog HiFi.

www.dtsaudioelectronics.com
    www.blackdoghifi.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    They're not in series, just daisy chained from outlet to outlet much like your house wiring would be done. The APC you show does the same thing.
    You may have a point though. Checking the integrity of those grounds may help.
    There's not much filtration in the Bada. Most of the jacks just have a capacitor across them., Two have a coil in series.
    I think chassis ground may come from the two outlets closet to the IEC. Probably from the mounting screws. Not a legal way to do it, at least in this country.
    I'm familiar with daisy chain and series being interchangeable in this context? But I share the same concerns as you. And a parallel grounding arrangement might help mitigate ground loop hum.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Marantz, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME

Post Thanks / Like

Dear thank you very much for your comments, I would like to remind you that my electric wiring has been changed very recently. Everything is working correctly. Tomorrow I will do several tests with different powers cable, all the powers cables I use in my equipments are connectors american (3 legs) I'm thinking about trying the amplifier and the streamer, with American and European power cables (2 legs) and see if I can find the problem. Unfortunately I do not understand anything about electronics and I can not comment on what they are talking about. Greetings.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. I tell you to disarm the Bada LB 5500 below I put the photos, connect the power cable of Bada power, and start connecting my equipment, first the amplifier, zero buzz, then the power cable of the TV there is no buzz , and the last one was connected the Lumin D2, I do not have any hum in the speakers, I put a picture of the power cable connector of Bada, there you can clearly see the ground wire disconnected (I had this way before) now all connected and without buzzing, it's weird but good, in these days I'm going to change Bada's power cable, something of good quality and I see this story as follows.

Bada LB 5500

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (3.31 MB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (3.65 MB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (3.37 MB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (3.89 MB, 36 views)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    I put a picture of the power cable connector of Bada, there you can clearly see the ground wire disconnected (I had this way before) now all connected and without buzzing, it's weird but good, in these days I'm going to change Bada's power cable, something of good quality and I see this story as follows.
    I think you're saying you now have the ground wire connected and there is no buzzing? That's great and please keep the ground wire connected because it is there for your safety. It could be that some other component in your home or even from outside your home was temporarily creating interference that somehow got through to your electronics.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, Acoustic Zen, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Dirac, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, LUMIN, Magico, Marantz, Ortofon, Prism Sound, RME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NekoAudio View Post
    I think you're saying you now have the ground wire connected and there is no buzzing? That's great and please keep the ground wire connected because it is there for your safety. It could be that some other component in your home or even from outside your home was temporarily creating interference that somehow got through to your electronics.

Hello, thank you for commenting, yes, that's right, the ground wire was disconnected and yesterday I plugged it again, right now I'm listening to music and without any problem, if at some point the buzz comes back I'll try changing the power cables of the amplifier and the streamer (I will replace the european connectors, 2 legs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2