New! SUPERNAIT 3 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New! SUPERNAIT 3

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations Bud! Let us know when it all comes together and starts breaking in.
    I was able to acquire the complete package (mint Demo). No breaking in! I have to wait on the new Ansuz C2 IC's but I can use my trusty Chords while I wait.
    Now I have some things to sell (Ansus Ethernet cables, Gigafoil, linear PS for the Gigafoil, etc.)
    Bud
    Naim SN2 Integrated Amp w/HiCap DR PS - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz D2 DIN IC - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

2. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I was able to acquire the complete package (mint Demo). No breaking in! I have to wait on the new Ansuz C2 IC's but I can use my trusty Chords while I wait.
    Now I have some things to sell (Ansus Ethernet cables, Gigafoil, linear PS for the Gigafoil, etc.)
    OMG, didn’t you just recently get the the “things” you are selling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    OMG, didn’t you just recently get the the “things” you are selling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes, but I’m replacing two streamers with one so I don’t need the Gigafoil and Ethernet cables I was using with the Lumin X1.
    Back in the day I might go for years w/o making a change. Now my age and health has me thinking about now not the future.
    Bud
    Naim SN2 Integrated Amp w/HiCap DR PS - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz D2 DIN IC - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

5. Thanks joeinid, UltraFast69 thanked for this post
    Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Y
    Yes, but I’m replacing two streamers with one so I don’t need the Gigafoil and Ethernet cables I was using with the Lumin X1.
    Back in the day I might go for years w/o making a change. Now my age and health has me thinking about now not the future.
    I used to buy cars and keep them 10 years. When I hit my mid 40's I realized that at that pace I'd not own very many more cars! So I started doing 3 year leases I just shot you a PM about the ethernet. But I agree with those sentiments; I enjoyed by SN2 based system for about 6 years, and only about 6 months ago got the itch to upgrade. Stayed with Naim SN2/NDX2 is a very very nice system with a nice low box count. I really hope that you enjoy it!!
    Naim 252/SCDR/300DR pre and power amplification
    Naim ND555/555PS streamer/player
    Naim SuperLumina cables and interconnects
    Rega RP-8 | Apheta 2 | Aria
    Magico A3

Post Thanks / Like

Y

I can identify with that. I turn seventy in January. I'm in good general health as far as I know. But...??? This may be the last new high end system I'll own. So, I'm gonna make it count.

8. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart001 View Post
    I used to buy cars and keep them 10 years. When I hit my mid 40's I realized that at that pace I'd not own very many more cars! So I started doing 3 year leases I just shot you a PM about the ethernet. But I agree with those sentiments; I enjoyed by SN2 based system for about 6 years, and only about 6 months ago got the itch to upgrade. Stayed with Naim SN2/NDX2 is a very very nice system with a nice low box count. I really hope that you enjoy it!!
    Naim recently had a one day sale so I'm swapping my NDX/XPS for ND555/555PS. As Nelson Pass once said, audiophiles are members of the lunatic fringe. Old dogs like me never learn. Back in the day I got rid of my Naim NDS because I didn't like having to deal with Transit screws on the NDS and the Naim Fraim it required..

Now I've got an ND555 with transit screws and the knowledge that my Quadraspire rack probably isn't good enough. Then there is the Supernait 2 and the Harbeth's that can't match the Naim 500 series kit.

My wife of 56 years kept me grounded and w/o her I'm like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of money.
    Bud

10. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I very much enjoyed my sn2 , it was a bit fussy with connected equipment sometimes but very muscular and holographic . i look forward to hearing the sn3 sometime
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs msb s200 . rotel cd , teac dac , bel canto fm1 tuner . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 jolida modwright glass mark3 dac , marantz sa8005, reference fidelity impulse Ta`us horns

12. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Nd555 etc at that sale also. I loved my NDS 8 years ago and have been through several players since then. I always felt they were a sideways move but for 1/4 the price. So I switched. So now with how I know Naim is with their 500 series components, I had to give the ND555 a try. Once I get it and it gets broken in I'll let everybody know what I think - good or bad. Did I go for what I think I remember or ... was the NDS just the first digital player that i heard was worth a .... I honestly have no I idea. I'm so lucky in this business climate to be able to find out.

Naim recently had a one day sale so I'm swapping my NDX/XPS for ND555/555PS. As Nelson Pass once said, audiophiles are members of the lunatic fringe. Old dogs like me never learn. Back in the day I got rid of my Naim NDS because I didn't like having to deal with Transit screws on the NDS and the Naim Fraim it required..

Now I've got an ND555 with transit screws and the knowledge that my Quadraspire rack probably isn't good enough. Then there is the Supernait 2 and the Harbeth's that can't match the Naim 500 series kit.

My wife of 56 years kept me grounded and w/o her I'm like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of money.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

14. Likes joeinid, Ritmo, Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I just bought a Nd555 etc at that sale also. I loved my NDS 8 years ago and have been through several players since then. I always felt they were a sideways move but for 1/4 the price. So I switched. So now with how I know Naim is with their 500 series components, I had to give the ND555 a try. Once I get it and it gets broken in I'll let everybody know what I think - good or bad. Did I go for what I think I remember or ... was the NDS just the first digital player that i heard was worth a .... I honestly have no I idea. I'm so lucky in this business climate to be able to find out.
    Congrats Jock! The ND555 is very nice. Looking forward to your comments.

Mike

16. Thanks the professor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naim recently had a one day sale
    Any more details about this "sale?" I was recently offered an opportunity to upgrade to a 552 preamp at a nice price, and perhaps this was part of the same "one day sale." My dealer didn't elaborate.

*EDIT* I'm trading my 252/SuperCapDR towards the 552!
    Naim 252/SCDR/300DR pre and power amplification
    Naim ND555/555PS streamer/player
    Naim SuperLumina cables and interconnects
    Rega RP-8 | Apheta 2 | Aria
    Magico A3

18. Likes the professor liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast