Why no turntable? - Page 24
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why no turntable?

My brother wants to buy that one. He thinks I should get one too. It does looks nice.

What carts would go well with it?

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Interesting for a basic table https://www.schiit.com/products/sol
    Last edited by joeinid; September 7, 2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Joe

NuForce STA200, Accuphase E-650, Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2se, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    They'll be at RMAF, presumably with a cartridge installed, so keep an eye out.
    Amazing that they can sell a domestic produced product like that at that price, direct sales notwithstanding. Bit more than "basic" imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    They'll be at RMAF, presumably with a cartridge installed, so keep an eye out.
    Amazing that they can sell a domestic produced product like that at that price, direct sales notwithstanding. Bit more than "basic" imo.
    Agree..........looks very nice....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    My brother wants to buy that one. He thinks I should get one too. It does looks nice.

A Ortofon red for starters, inexpensive or jump up in price. . It will be interesting to read the RMAF reports from those that actually saw it and heard it when matched to a decent phono amp.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Cart recommendations in the FAQs.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

6. Thanks CPP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didnít have the years needed to read this whole thread. I do own a table. When I look at my vinyl collection, I recall all the parties and good times I had 40 years ago. Invariably my turntable and vinyl came along. Oftentimes I would bring my vinyl to the party, not knowing (or caring) what table was being used. I also recall all the turntables and cartridges I have owned. Most of my record collection saw every one of them. From my original AR/Pickering rig to now.

In recent times, when I spend my audio stash, I contemplate the best place to advance the sound of my rig. Analog rarely enters the equation. Firstly it is a very expensive road to travel down. Secondly, all those party scratches, grunge, pops and noise will always be tagging along for the ride. Letís not forget how much badly recorded vinyl was out there in analogís hey day. Additionally all present day recordings are digitally recorded and mastered anyway. The A to D, and D to A conversions are in there somewhere.

8. Likes Randy Myers liked this post

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24