On the topic of pseudo-science and high end audio - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: On the topic of pseudo-science and high end audio

My approach has been to stick with companies I can trust, for example Shunyata. Their products stand for themselves with no need for marketing gimmicks.

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
    Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; Roon; Shunyata Delta NR; Wireworld SC; Tannoy Canterbury GR

2. Likes Mike, Jim Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOctopus View Post
    Of course the point of my post was not whether cables make a difference, some claim they do, some claim they don’t.
    Anyone that says all amps, cables, widgets, etc, etc do make a difference and anyone that says all amps, cables, widgets, etc, etc make no difference....is an idiot.
    Ignore them and move on.

cheers,

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    My approach has been to stick with companies I can trust, for example Shunyata. Their products stand for themselves with no need for marketing gimmicks.

Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
    I have perused some of their technical videos. Let's just say my "degree in electronics" is certainly not worthy of understanding how a "magnetic wave" can be split from "electric wave" and sent down a cable separately. Kudos to them for such groundbreaking technology.
    "
    Serge

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that understands how an Electromagnetic Field Propagates knows that a they are a never ending cycle of cause and effect, another words interdependent. To separate the electric field from the magnetic field not only defies the whole concept but underlines that it is complete nonsense but as I already mentioned, my understanding of these principles pales by comparison to the great minds of the audio land. Applying for a patent which is often thrown around as a testimony to the concept of any technology actually working is not the same thing as being granted a patent. Anyone can apply for a patent, few are granted. To throw a magnetic lasso around the moon and tow it further into space to compensate for the flooding effects of the climate change in coastal areas can also be filed under a patent and I am seriously working on such technology as we speak and getting ready to apply for a patent. It costs between $65 and $265 to file for a patent to be able to say it out loud but imagine the profits that can be made in the mean time... I am looking for investors into my lunar magnetic lasso technology.
    Serge

Post Thanks / Like

On the topic of pseudo-science and high end audio

Honestly, I get lost when the word Science is used as a stand-alone term in Audio, it makes me think of butane torches, test tubes and people in lab coats with protective eye wear, to me defining how Audio is studied or applied is more in line with electrical engineering or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

7. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i schiit you not... description of schiit pyst usb cables from their website: https://www.schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

Beyond Just Technology: SuperUltraHyperTechnology
    PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality.

Or, er, well . . . again, no. These are nice, high-quality cables, with solid, reliable connectors. That’s it. Hope you like them!

USB PYST. This is the complete redefinition of USB cables. It actually, physically transports you* into an alternate universe where superbly-mastered, 24/192 music streams 24/7, free of charge to all listeners, for all genres. Supermodels in this alternate world are all deeply into high-end audio, and will beg to go out with you. Butterflies swirl in fantastic colors over clean-lined porcelain cityscapes, everyone is a millionaire, and flying cars run on air. It's a beautiful place to be!

*Or not. It may have been a hallucination. USB PYSTs are actually just nice, 1M long, USB 2.0-rated cables that have thicker than normal power conductors and silver-plated copper data lines. We think the electrons like silver better, or something. Or not.

In any case, you can get PYST, or you can save some money at Monoprice.

kanjiroba 6883-yak + roon rock > t+a dac 8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk-ii | alp-tone audio alp.wE cables

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, that's some funny Schiit.

Life's short, enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    ...Life's short, enjoy it.
    "Supermodels in this alternate world are all deeply into high-end audio, and will beg to go out with you."

for $20 bucks, worth a try... right?
    kanjiroba 6883-yak + roon rock > t+a dac 8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk-ii | alp-tone audio alp.wE cables

Post Thanks / Like

That’s why I have respect for Schiit. No nonsense approach to audio. Their products are a fantastic value and I still think one would be hard pressed to find anything that even remotely comes close to performance in their respective price ranges.
    Serge

Post Thanks / Like

So What Is Quantum Purification?
    Within any playback system, musical and visual information is transmitted by electrons flowing through conductors. As electrons interact with the conductive materials of cables and circuits, very low-level (quantum) noises are generated. This noise is referred to as 1/f noise. It is indestinquisable to the human ear, however it's effects are profound. When quantum noise energy accumulates in the propagating signal, low-level details pertaining to ambience, soundstage, timbre, dynamics, color fidelity and picture resolution are obscured, robbing the presentation of vividness and life.

Bybee Quantum Purifiers operate on the quantum mechanical level to regulate the flow of electrons that make up the signal. Current flow within the Quantum Purifier is unimpeded and ideal. During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors. Unwanted quantum noise energy dissipates as heat within the Quantum Purifier rather than emerging as a layer of contamination residue over the audio/video information.

The benefits of this process extends beyond the physical length of the Quantum Purifier. As electrons speed through the purifier, a “slipstream” effect is formed which facilitates current flow in the surrounding conductors of the playback system. Introducing Bybee Quantum Purification into the electron path reduces quantum noise and increases signal velocity, resulting in performance improvement beyond what is attainable by any cable alone, no matter how well designed.

Allllrighty then....
    Serge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast