Who still makes SACD players? - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who still makes SACD players?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Oh, I thought SACD player that rips to internal memory. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I havenít seen one like this. Can you point me to an example?

As for CD/SACD players, there are many folks who donít want to bother with the whole streaming thing. I have a customer with 15,000+ CDís/SACDís and he would never do streaming. He first doesnít think it sounds as good (heís right) and he likes the physical media and the stuff he listens to is mostly not on Tidal or Qobuz.
    I have about 12,000 CDs & around 200 SACDs. I ripped all of them to FLAC & DSF. Can't remember the last time I've played a physical disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 28b3s, Bryston 4b3, Bryston 9bsst2
    Digital: EMM NS1, EMM DA2
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c, Kef Ci200RR-THX (surround/back)
    Subs: Two JL Audio F212v2
    Power: PS Audio PS10, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks
    Video: Oppo 203, LG 65inch OLED
    -Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Played with the Luxman d06 yesterday, beautiful player.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

Post Thanks / Like

Who builds the optical mechanism in the Luxman? It's built in-house, right?

Post Thanks / Like

The drive/transport mechanism is, but I doubt that the laser subassembly is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    The drive/transport mechanism is, but I doubt that the laser subassembly is.
    ""Luxman Disc Transport Mechanism, or LxDTM, designed and built in-house." Stereophile article Dec 2016
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    ""Luxman Disc Transport Mechanism, or LxDTM, designed and built in-house." Stereophile article Dec 2016
    I got that part. I think the piece in question is the laser subassembly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    I have about 12,000 CDs & around 200 SACDs. I ripped all of them to FLAC & DSF. Can't remember the last time I've played a physical disc.
    Same, other then I have many less disks .
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Audio Car System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

My main issue with SACD player is that the DAC has to be part of the player due to Sony licensing issues which means you are married to the in-built DAC. PS audio did something especial with their DMP transport which would transmit DSD signal encrypted over I2S (therefore abiding Sony's licensing crap) but that also means you can only play using with their DS DAC.

A good DSD streamer can give you the freedom to change the DAC at will but a good SACD player can provide simplicity of operation.

Post Thanks / Like

A few companies have done similar things... McIntosh, Esoteric, etc.

To me the best and easiest solution is to rip my SACDs and play them from my music server. This allows the files to be played using T+A's amazing DSD 1-bit processor instead of Oppo's ESS 9018. Also, and definitely as important the files can then be up-sampled by HQPlayer. In my experience files originally in DSD up-samples are superior to PCM files up-sampled!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Audio Car System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast