YG Acoustics Sonja™ 2.2

Let the show begin ...

Full coverage - link
    Marcin

Re: YG Acoustics Sonja™ 2.2

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing Marcin!
    What are the amplifiers being used to drive the Sonjas?

Regards

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post

Regards

THnX. During burn-in process Reimyo KAP – 777, but for critical listening ... please be patient. We're preparing something a "little bigger" ;-)
    Marcin

Wonderful speaker! Enjoy
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post

Regards

4 You - Boulder 1110 & 1160 small unboxing ;-)

We hope that'll be enough ;-)
    Marcin

That should be a wonderful pairing.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Thanks again Marcin!

Was just looking at your pictures in the link and came to know of the Boulder "Big Blue" 32A Power Connector
    http://boulderamp.com/wp-content/upl...xplanation.pdf

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

1160 maybe isn't big, but this is "serious" amp ;-)
    Marcin

Congratulations Marcin! The Sonja 2.2’s are wonderful sounding speakers. I have listened to the Sonja 2.2’s many times with the Select II DAC in the MSB room at the audio shows, as well as at a local dealer. They are one of my two favorite speakers, the other being the Vandersteen 7 Mk2’s, which I own. Both speakers sound amazingly organic and musical with little editorializing. They really just step out of the way and bring the focus on the music.

Another positive attribute about both sets of speakers is they have superb sounding tweeters, designed by taking an alternate approach to the often used Beryllium dome. Both tweeter designs are seamless in their implementation, creating a wonderful overall cohesiveness from top to bottom. Consequently, you just forget the tweeter is there at all, which I happen to love.

Enjoy,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Both tweeter designs are seamless in their implementation, creating a wonderful overall cohesiveness from top to bottom. Consequently, you just forget the tweeter is there at all, which I happen to love.

Enjoy,
    Ken
    Sorry I’ve have limited exposure to the Sonja’s but my experience with the Anat’s were similar in the bass department. I was listening to the Anat’s for 45 min at the RMAF. Suddenly I realized I never heard bass ! The bass was so well integrated in the overall presentation, I never noticed what the bass was doing. So I went back into the large YG room to listen specifically for bass. I found I was so entranced in the overall performance I again never heard the bass. My take was, it was the best bass I never heard. Higher praise I am unable to express.
    == Joe ==

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team