Help with 300b tube - conversion?
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with 300b tube - conversion?

I just bought some nos 300b tubes - however they have 6 pins in base - and I need to fit them into a 4 pin socket... Never navigated this issue before. Is it possible to buy a convertor? Or is there another way? All help much appreciated. Best wishes.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with 300b tube - conversion?

Welcome to the forum.

Are you 100% sure they are 300B tubes? Are there any markings on the tubes? What brand? This does not sound right.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of a 6 pin 300B. I think you got hosed and I hope you can get your money back.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I have never heard of a 6 pin 300B. I think you got hosed and I hope you can get your money back.
    Thanks - I thought they were to good to be true - and, plainly, they were! Best wishes and thanks again!