Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Cube Audio Speaker

Cube Audio Magus and Nenuphar's are making some buzz in the market these days.

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/products

Some great reviews:

https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/cubeaudio2/1.html
    http://hifiknights.com/reviews/speak...e-audio-magus/

Single full range diver and crossover-less design have always attracted me but I am not able to hear these myself. Anyone heard these, maybe at Axpona or elsewhere and can compare how they sound compared to other known speakers ?

Re: Cube Audio Speaker

An AVShowrooms product of the year!

Founder: AVShowrooms featuring video reports of audio shows, company tours and reviews. Resume' includes; the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Top articles: Lamm ML3- TAS, YG Anat III Signatures- TAS, Ayon- TAS, Coincident Speaker Technology- TAS, Single Ended Survey- TAS, Fisher 500c- Stereophile, Bozak CGs- Stereophile, Box Sets- Listener, Dynaco ST70-Listener. Best catch phase: Bugatti of Audio.

Not sure what you mean by "well-known speakers", but some people claim that speakers that don't use crossovers are special because they can carry emotion better than the speakers that have crossovers.

Despite tremendous technological improvements in integration of drivers in the last 10-15 years by the top speaker companies, an experienced listener will pick up immediately what a single driver can do that other types of speakers just can't match.

Caveat: only heard these at show conditions, so take with grains of salt: Comparing to other single driver speakers, the Cube speakers don't rock as well Zu Audio speakers, but do classical better. Compared to Voxativs, which are much more expensive, the Cube speakers may not be as resolving and not as warm (but warmth may be attributed to partnering equipment as much as to the speakers).

As always, listen for yourself!

Super Moderator

I’d absolutely love to hear the Cube Audio speakers.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    Caveat: only heard these at show conditions, so take with grains of salt: Comparing to other single driver speakers, the Cube speakers don't rock as well Zu Audio speakers, but do classical better. Compared to Voxativs, which are much more expensive, the Cube speakers may not be as resolving and not as warm (but warmth may be attributed to partnering equipment as much as to the speakers).

Which model did you hear ?

Nice. I would love to hear that driver with open baffle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Paul

Tri-Cell in Woodbridge has them as they are the distributor.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Paul

Tri-Cell in Woodbridge has them as they are the distributor.
    Thanks Jack. You know everything so well. I will check them out .

Paul

Your Duo's might be getting lonely by now and need a "friend" to keep them company.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Your Duo's might be getting lonely by now and need a "friend" to keep them company.
    Ha. Great idea Cube Audio Speaker

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Nice. I would love to hear that driver with open baffle
    I've heard a couple different Cube drivers that way, sounded pretty good. Not too shouty and colored like many wide range drivers. Actually did a bit of design work on one for a friend. Of course, a high efficiency/strong motor driver like that will roll off quickly in an open baffle, so forget bass.
    Cube driver alone Red trace, on relatively narrow baffle (around 30cm) for better (di)polar response. Sub bass duties the bottom of a Linkwitz LX521 (2x10 Seas) for the full bandwidth response (Blue). 30 degree off axis Orange shows the typical big cone roll off, mitigating the 10k peak on axis. Doesn't sound "bright" in typical rooms, decent treble actually.

cheers,

AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    Which model did you hear ?
    Cube Audio Nenuphar, Zu Druid, and Voxativ 9.87. Amp-wise, they sound spectacular with Pass/ First Watt SIT and with SET/ low powered tubes. No bad choices, really.

And if you are just trying to get a taste of this type of design, ZU offers a 60 day money -back guarantee

Not sure what you mean by "well-known speakers", but some people claim that speakers that don't use crossovers are special because they can carry emotion better than the speakers that have crossovers.

Despite tremendous technological improvements in integration of drivers in the last 10-15 years by the top speaker companies, an experienced listener will pick up immediately what a single driver can do that other types of speakers just can't match.

Don’t most of the Zu speakers have separate tweeters with a crossover?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Yes and Srajen had both the Druid V and the Cube Audio speaker at his house at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Don’t most of the Zu speakers have separate tweeters with a crossover?
    Yes, they have a separate tweeter, but claim no crossover. Here's the link to their explanation : https://www.zuaudio.com/questions-li...?rq=crossovers. Regardless, my friend has a 10+ year-old Zu Druid driven by a whole 2 watts of flea power Yamamoto amp. It sounds of one piece and it really sounds excellent.

Anyways, it's really cool that Cube speakers have eliminated the need for a separate tweeter by using a larger driver.

Yes, they have a separate tweeter, but claim no crossover. Here's the link to their explanation : https://www.zuaudio.com/questions-li...?rq=crossovers.
    From your link:
    There is a high-pass network on the super-tweeter.
    Despite all the word salad, the tweeter is (of course) filtered aka "crossed". Nothing wrong with that if you prefer not to replace tweeters constantly

cheers,

AJ

Yes, they have a separate tweeter, but claim no crossover. Here's the link to their explanation : https://www.zuaudio.com/questions-li...?rq=crossovers. Regardless, my friend has a 10+ year-old Zu Druid driven by a whole 2 watts of flea power Yamamoto amp. It sounds of one piece and it really sounds excellent.

Anyways, it's really cool that Cube speakers have eliminated the need for a separate tweeter by using a larger driver.
    It says right on the Zu website that they use a crossover for the tweeter. "There is a high-pass network on the super-tweeter." You have to or otherwise the voice coil would become a fuse.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Thanks to both of you for explaining that.

As I mentioned before, regardless of the technical specifics, the speakers sound incredible.

Loving the Cube Nenuphars which we have on demo. at www.toetapaudio.com If you’re in the U.K. and would like to take a listen drop us a line. Cube Magus coming soon.
    UK audio dealer for: Mola Mola, Cube Audio, Boenicke, Lumin, Fidata, Sablon, SteinMusic, Ingress www.toetapaudio.com

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Cube Audio Speaker