B&w 803d3

Agree. and they still using classe? Those 800D3 deserves better than rotel. How about using at least Pass labs, Luxman, Simaudio?

B&W and Rotel are related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B&W and Rotel are related.

And who says there is anything wrong with Rotel? Besides, these amps are prototypes and no one on this forum besides you have heard them so people shouldn't be judging what they haven't heard.

These look really impressive. They have my mouth watering at this point. How big of a difference is there between the 803 D3 and the 804 D3?

I am thinking the size of the 803 D3 might make it difficult in my Library Loft... 144 pounds... holy gyumba.... getting them up the steps would be nuts :), not to mention the $8000 price difference.

I know the movement system and spikes is very cool... the Turbine Head for mid-range... is that a night and day difference or not really?

These look really impressive. They have my mouth watering at this point. How big of a difference is there between the 803 D3 and the 804 D3?

I am thinking the size of the 803 D3 might make it difficult in my Library Loft... 144 pounds... holy gyumba.... getting them up the steps would be nuts :), not to mention the $8000 price difference.

I know the movement system and spikes is very cool... the Turbine Head for mid-range... is that a night and day difference or not really?

The 803D3 gets all the same technologies as the big boys. The 804 doesn’t. There’s a BIG sound difference. The 803D3’s are young Mike’s favorite speakers for the money in the store. He’s getting a pair.

One other thought/question. Are any of the B&W still made in Europe (I think they used to be made in England, please correct me if I am wrong) or are all the current model built in their factory in China?

For example, KEF continues to manufacture the Reference series and the Blades in their UK plant and the other models in their plant in China.

I received a pair of 803D3s last week and love them! So transparent and detailed.

xNoLYyS.jpg

I received a pair of 803D3s last week and love them! So transparent and detailed.

xNoLYyS.jpg

Congrats! Those were my favorites in the D3 line. D4(??) announcements coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats! Those were my favorites in the D3 line. D4(??) announcements coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I had to take the gently used but broken-in floor models (discounted by $2500)--the dealer said B&W wasn't taking new orders for the D3 series, so I figured something was up.

Hi, this is my first post here and would appreciate any advice, i have a pair of b and w 803 d3 speakers which i obtained from a local hi fi dealer at a very good price ex demo as they were getting the new line in. I am using them with a naim nova (80w) connected with properly terminated naim cable, and stream my music from quobuz via roon, i realise the nova is seriously underpowered for the d3 speakers but i find they sound very good to my ears, i am however considering an amp upgrade (maybe krell k300i or hegel h390) OR NEW SPEAKERS!!! because the diamond tweeter in d3 is driving me crazy, is it supposed to be as harsh as i am finding it (on certain music mainly instrumental) they sound fine, but if i play some orchestral or high soprano opera the tweeter really resonates, i have even tried removing the tweeter grill and putting some cotton wool inside (and replacing grill of course ) but the harshness is still present though slightly reduced. I have also tried using the parametric eq in roon but find that a bit complicated. So i am a bit stuck, i have read elsewhere that the tweeters need to be run in for quite some time ?? anyway i would appreciate any thoughts? comments many thanks carl.

Back