Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2

Quote Originally Posted by chekin View Post
    Caelin, that means it is not worthy for us to buy a D2000T to work in front of D6000S v2?
    Actually that’s my initial thought, looking at D2000T internal components, it looks like a mini Typhon QR to me which can be connected in front of other Denali.
    That’s why I asked question if D2000T QR/BB can help D6000SS v1 outlet zones which have no QRBB support.

But after reading Caelin’s advice above, i have concluded (I might be wrong) that it’s better to keep my current D6000S v1 and get D2000T at discounted price for my monoblocks (which I already bought).
    Based on my experiment, QRBB zone improves my preamp and phono preamp sounds (more dynamics) but the other zones help my SACD players and DAC to sound more liquid (which is not the case with the QRBB zone)

Quote Originally Posted by chekin View Post
    Caelin, that means it is not worthy for us to buy a D2000T to work in front of D6000S v2?
    The D2000/T was designed specifically for amplifiers.
    But you can experiment however you like.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

http://shunyata.com

What is the best power cord for this Denali, Alpha NR or Alpha EF ? Right now I am using with anaconda , I find the sound is too laidback and dark.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat.1 View Post
    What is the best power cord for this Denali, Alpha NR or Alpha EF ? Right now I am using with anaconda , I find the sound is too laidback and dark.
    The Alpha EF is a good choice. It has a faster and more dynamic sound quality.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

How is the sound comparing with Anaconda Alpha ? Is it worth for changing anaconda to Alpha Ex ?
    Last edited by Mat.1; August 7, 2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Typi

How is the sound comparing with Anaconda Alpha ? Is it worth for changing anaconda to Alpha Ex ?
    While the Alpha EF is superior it is a bit of a lateral move. The Sigma EF would be a more clear cut upgrade.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Thank you Caelin.

In Denali , there is a ground connection, can I connect acoustic revive Ground Conditioner to Denali, because in my country I have an open ground (I am using US plug, but I don’t have ground ] ?

In Denali , there is a ground connection, can I connect acoustic revive Ground Conditioner to Denali, because in my country I have an open ground (I am using US plug, but I don’t have ground ] ?
    It is almost always advantageous to create a central, common, grounding center. The most logical place to do this is at the power distributor. This is why we provide ground lugs on most of our power distributors.

So yes, connect all power distributors together and use this as a common point to connect other equipment.

Some amplifiers, especially tube amps, do not like to be grounded. They may hum. So it is always best to try each and every component individually when creating a grounding system.

Use large gauge wire or ground braid to make the connections. Twelve gauge wire would be an absolute minimum size to use. If the ground wire lengths are long - over 2 meters - be sure to increase the wire gauge size.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Is the ground lug connected to 3prong wall outlet ?

Caelin,
    wondering if you can share the internal picture of D6000s V2

In V1, there are 2 small round things connected to non-HC outlets, are they NIC? or the filter used for the medical unit?

thanks again

Attached Images Attached Images
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Hi Caelin, 6000T v2 hasn’t been forgotten, has it? Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 I’m excitedly waiting.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Hi Caelin, 6000T v2 hasn’t been forgotten, has it? Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 I’m excitedly waiting.
    +1. Love the 6000T as it doesn’t tie up a shelf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I hear you buddy. We haven’t forgotten.

https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post274927

Just so you know, we have doubled the size of our manufacturing facility this year. We have doubled our manufacturing staff and we are now working two daily shifts and are working overtime and week-ends. Be patient, we are working on it.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Thanks Caelin, wow that.s massive QR/BB, now half size vs. Triton v3’s?

If only it was approved for sale in Australia because I want to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    I hear you buddy. We haven’t forgotten.

https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post274927

Just so you know, we have doubled the size of our manufacturing facility this year. We have doubled our manufacturing staff and we are now working two daily shifts and are working overtime and week-ends. Be patient, we are working on it.
    No rush. Can you release it next week? J/k Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2

I am sorry for never ending curiousity, are there 3 separate QRBB modules for each pair of outlets? Or one big QRBB module to serve all outlets? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gondo101 View Post
    I am sorry for never ending curiousity, are there 3 separate QRBB modules for each pair of outlets? Or one big QRBB module to serve all outlets? Thanks
    There is one large QR/BB approximately the size of that in the Triton v3.

There are six completely separate internal filters, one for each outlet.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

I’m so confused. No T2 version? ? Or is there? Sticking with the original rack form factor only?

Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    I’m so confused. No T2 version? ? Or is there? Sticking with the original rack form factor only?
    What is a T2 version?
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    What is a T2 version?
    Perhaps he meant 6000T V2.

Yes, the vertical tower version, which I guess would be called 6000T V2.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post

I asked the same question to Calein a few month ago on the forum.

He said that they aren't giving up on the tower form factor and to stay tuned.

Shunyata has been hitting hard on a lot of new products this year.

I assume the Denali Tower V2 or whatever they end up calling it is in the works.

Just hope they offer an upgrade option for existing 6000T owners.

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I asked the same question to Calein a few month ago on the forum.

He said that they aren't giving up on the tower form factor and to stay tuned.

Shunyata has been hitting hard on a lot of new products this year.

I assume the Denali Tower V2 or whatever they end up calling it is in the works.

Just hope they offer an upgrade option for existing 6000T owners.
    Yes, they are working on a new tower version, but it's interior components are so re-worked that an upgrade will not be possible. (There is also no upgrade path for the 6000/S V1.) No word on the ETA...
    SOTA Cosmos TT (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature, Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage, Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM
    Marantz SA-10 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck
    Pass Labs XP-30 (SS) & Hovland HP-100 (tube) preamps
    Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
    Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
    Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs, Shunyata Alpha v1 SCs
    Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables for Pass XP-30
    Shunyata Everest 8000 power conditioner w/Sigma v2 XC (on BBA platform), Shunyata Alpha NR v1, Delta NR v1, & Venom HC PCs. Also PS8 & 2 Venom Defenders.
    Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses

Hello Caelin,

Denali 6000/S V2 looks interesting to me.
    But what can you say about the internal wiring of it? Is it copper, is it silver ?
    What about the sockets ? Are they gold plated ? Rhodium plated ?
    ON a personal note, ,e I would have eliminated the on/off switch - a few contacts less, as I always look for the most direct path.
    Thank you!

There is one large QR/BB approximately the size of that in the Triton v3.

There are six completely separate internal filters, one for each outlet.
    Hi Caelin.
    I have received my Denali 6000S V2 which replaces my 6000T. 4 round white pieces came in a small bag but in the manual they do not indicate what they are for.
    On the other hand I have seen the photo of the interior of the USA model, but would it be possible for me to publish a photo of the interior of the European 230v model with Schuko?
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmax View Post
    Hello Caelin,

But what can you say about the internal wiring of it? Is it copper, is it silver ?
    ON a personal note, ,e I would have eliminated the on/off switch - a few contacts less, as I always look for the most direct path.
    Thank you!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmax View Post
    Hello Caelin,

Thank you!
    All the information is in our website. There are also several reviews you can read.

Wiring is is our own VTX OFE copper conductors. They are hollow in the center to reduce skin effects and lower inductance.

The outlets are are our own brand, CopperCONN. They use pure copper contacts with a flash of nickel to protect the copper from corrosion.

We don’t use an on/off switch. It is actually a hydraulic electromagnetic breaker that has far less impedance than a traditional thermal breaker.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Hi Caelin.
    I have received my Denali 6000S V2 which replaces my 6000T. 4 round white pieces came in a small bag but in the manual they do not indicate what they are for.
    On the other hand I have seen the photo of the interior of the USA model, but would it be possible for me to publish a photo of the interior of the European 230v model with Schuko?

The polypropylene discs allow you to shim the feet to level the unit if the shelf or surface is uneven. Simply take the screw out of the footer and add a shim if necessary.

The interior of the EU Denali is identical except for the outlets.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

Hi Caelin.
    I have seen that my new 6000S2 has (unlike the 6000T) rubber inserts on the feet. I am thinking of buying a Daiza platform from Taiko Audio, and Emile insists there should be no rubber between the feet of the device and the Daiza. My question is, can you remove those rubber inserts, and if so how?
    Regards
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Hi Caelin.
    I have seen that my new 6000S2 has (unlike the 6000T) rubber inserts on the feet. I am thinking of buying a Daiza platform from Taiko Audio, and Emile insists there should be no rubber between the feet of the device and the Daiza. My question is, can you remove those rubber inserts, and if so how?
    Regards
    The feet are removable and can also be replaced with SST-38 feet for enhanced performance. Not sure how it laying flat on a platform would be a good idea but I leave that to the purveyor of the platform you want to use.
    EMM Labs TX2 SE|DA2 V2| Ayre KX-R Twenty | D'Agostino Momentum M400 | Focal Maestro Utopia III | MIT Oracle MA | VH Audio | Shunyata King Cobra CX | Shunyata Everest | Harmonic Resolution Systems | CAD Ground Control

It is not a matter of lying flat (without feet) on the Daiza, only if it is possible to remove the rubber inserts and that the steel foot remains without rubber.
    Francisco

Francisco

The foot is metallic, but in the center it has a rubber insert (not seen in the picture)
    Francisco

It is not a matter of lying flat (without feet) on the Daiza, only if it is possible to remove the rubber inserts and that the steel foot remains without rubber.
    I see the SSF-38 feet are now standard. Yes, you can peel off the rubber bottom; it's glued to the metal. I think there might also be rubber between the body and the feet but don't have the 6000 anymore so not sure. You can unscrew the feet and check.
    EMM Labs TX2 SE|DA2 V2| Ayre KX-R Twenty | D'Agostino Momentum M400 | Focal Maestro Utopia III | MIT Oracle MA | VH Audio | Shunyata King Cobra CX | Shunyata Everest | Harmonic Resolution Systems | CAD Ground Control

Hi Caelin.
    Regards
    Emile is correct, if your goal is to transfer energy from the component to the shelf.

This is what you can do with energy (vibration in this case): couple/transmit it, reflect it, diffuse it (change its frequency resonance), absorb it as heat. No system that consists of a component, shelf/support and footers interact using only one of these principles. It is always a mix of the above functions. So the primary question is usually, “Do you want to drain energy (couple) from the component to the shelf below or do you want to isolate the component from the underlying shelf”.

To answer this you want to know which is vibrating more than the other or which has a resonant frequency component that would likely be attenuated, diffracted or absorbed by the other. Usually the answer to this is that you want to couple energy from the component to the shelf. This assumes that the component is poorly dampened regarding internal vibration and that the shelf is likely a high-end type that has superior vibrational dissipating qualities. So essentially the shelf acts a drain of energy for the component.

Unlike most components, the Denali has had extensive attention to dampening both its internal parts and to dampening the exterior chassis. For this reason, unlike most components, the Denali works quite when it is decoupled (isolated) from the shelf.

What you are calling a rubber pad is not. It is a vibration absorbing polymer that attenuates micro-vibration. So, with most equipment racks or shelves the Denali will perform best with the feet fully intact as shipped from the factory.

However, there are some extremely sophisticated racks and shelves where the best performance could be gained by coupling the Denali directly to the rack. If you wish to do this simply peel the polymer pad (gently) off the bottom of the footer. This will give you a direct metal to wood contact patch. If you are careful with the removal you can put the polymer pad back at a later date. Be carful to not scratch your shelf. For those of you who are super tweakers, try putting a very thin sheet of TP or Kleenex between the metal foot and shelf. Most TP or tissues have multiple layers. Peel off a single layer of tissue to use under the footer. Try it.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

That was one of the upgrades from Denali V1 to V2, the internal damping, right?
    Speakers: Magico M3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso stack | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma | Rack: YG Acoustics Rack 1.8
    | Source: Kaleidescape Premiere (4 x 6TB) | Power: Shunyata Typhon-QR, Everest and Denali

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    That was one of the upgrades from Denali V1 to V2, the internal damping, right?
    No, Denali V1 had internal damping as well.

For supertweakers that have Denali using the stainless steel foot directly on a support or shelf, definitely try Caelin's idea of using a single layer of tissue or TP between the footer and the board/support or shelf. I tried this between my Harbeths and Resonant woods stands and it worked quite well.

It turns out paper is quite a complex material, has very high intrinsic stiffness and an excellent coupling material. There are reasons why many loudspeaker companies use woofers and drivers made of paper.

My suggestion is just to try it.

This setup works well in my system: Denali sitting on its stainless steel feet on a rock maple board w/o the SS footer's antivibration polymer pads. The maple board is resting on cork and rubber antivibration pads.

The worst thing you can do is place Denali on a carpet or rug (do not do this)

Hi Caelin.
    Thank you for your complete answer. Today I have placed the order. Emile is going to send me 4 little feet like the ones Daiza carries (but without the copper part) to put them under the Denali. I will try.
    Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    This setup works well in my system: Denali sitting on its stainless steel feet on a rock maple board w/o the SS footer's antivibration polymer pads. The maple board is resting on cork and rubber antivibration pads.

The worst thing you can do is place Denali on a carpet or rug (do not do this)
    I wouldn't think to put it on the carpet
    Francisco

Francisco

I wouldn't think to put it on the carpet
    Ha! No, I was not suggesting that you might do it, Francisco.

No, I tried it temporarily while I was sourcing a maple board and...man, that was a mistake.

Its from our experiments that don't work that we learn from as well.

Your shelf looks good.

Guys - forgive my lack of education in this area, but can someone advise on what the difference is between Denali 6000 v2 VS. Hydra Sigma S12?

I ask because they are similarly priced and aside from difference in Outlet#'s, I can't tell which one is more advanced in terms of sonics.

I plug my stuff straight into the wall and am beginning to wonder if a Shunyata Conditioner + Pwr Cables might lower the noise and create a more smooth listening experience.....I guess I don't know what I don't know haha
    ~DP

Loudspeaker: Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary
    Amp/Pre: Luxman C900u/M900u
    Digital: Luxman d-10x + Aurender N10
    AQ Thunder
    pwr + Shunyata delta v2 signal

The Denali 6000/S V2 is a Reference product with QR/BB technology not present on Sigma and Alpha models.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2