Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Naim x Magico (A3)

I got my A3's home over the weekend and even with just a few hours on them they are everything we'd hope they'd be. (And that they'd done in our short in-home audition almost 6 months ago.) Very very pleased with this purchase and happy to be part of the Magico family. These are quite the value, especially as I snuck in just before the price increase.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

Super Moderator

Re: Naim x Magico (A3)

Absolutely beautiful. I bet Naim is awesome on Magico.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Congratulations Bart. Are those Apods on Herbie's?

Audioshark

Bart - that looks awesome! I bet that’s a fabulous combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Congratulations Bart they look right at home. Give them about 300-400 hours and you'll hear them well broken in and sounding even better.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Congratulations Bart. Are those Apods on Herbie's?
    I forgot to write about this. They are on Herbies for now, as they are easy to slide around. Once finally located I'll put them on the Magico chips that came with the speakers . . . unless there are other recommendations. I'd like to compare to Gaia, but there's the expense and the hassle of tipping them over to replace the footers.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage

Thanks Joe! Yes this combo is very good imho. The classic Naim "prat" is revealed by the Magicos, and my 300 has enough "umph" to drive them pretty easily. And the aesthetics work well together - anodized aluminum all around.

Super Moderator

Excellent! Very happy for you. I have the Supernait2 and really love it. Always wanted to go up the line with Naim. Please keep the updates coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart001 View Post
    Thanks Joe! Yes this combo is very good imho. The classic Naim "prat" is revealed by the Magicos, and my 300 has enough "umph" to drive them pretty easily. And the aesthetics work well together - anodized aluminum all around.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

That's great!

Looks great too!

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Very nice bart001! Love the Naim stack too!

Looks great, Bart. Do you have a photo from the listening seat looking at both speakers? I'd like to get a sense of the system in the room. Do the grills change the sonics? I'm not used to seeing Magicos with grills. Congratulations!
    Link to my system thread: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...l-sound.32867/
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Electronics: Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LL1.1 Signature, Lamm ML2
    Speakers: Vitavox CN-191 corner horns
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Peter hi. Here are some photos, and I'd love your thoughts. I did not down-size the photos; hopefully they are manageable. All photos taken from listening position on my couch.

Room dimensions are approx 13 ft x 19 ft and as you see we sit the short way. Ceilings are 8.5 ft. Right now the A3's are 20 " from the rear wall, 6.5 ft apart, and approx 9 feet from where I sit in the middle of the couch. I've not played at all with positioning or toe in. This is just the start.

I don't hear the grills at this point, but maybe that will change as they run in more? They are super easy to remove and replace, and frankly I like the protection they afford when I'm not around during the day. Again, easily removed when listening. The room is very lively as you can imagine from the lack of carpeting, draperies, upholstered furniture, etc.

Nice Naim setup - I have always liked how elegent Naim components look on the Naim stand.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Super Moderator

+1

NAD C 658 streamer.

One thing about waiting five month for the speakers. You have a lot of time to think about your setup and placement. Your room looks super clean and well thought out. I toe in my A3s about 5 degrees. Not much, but I just leave them there. And as for the grills I just leave them on. I haven't noticed any difference with the grills off. And the added security is why I bought them.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Great looking room, Bart. I love the color of the walls with the natural wood floor. I don't see any speaker cables and yes, the room is super clean and well organized. Love it. Without hearing the system, I suspect you will have the typical compromises one usually has when integrating a high end system into a formal living room without much acoustic treatment. The two things that would probably help right away are finding another location for the turntable. A room corner is where a lot of energy builds up and can be detrimental to most turntables. The other is the large glass surfaced table between you and the speakers.

There are all sorts of reasons you might not want to change those two things, but I suspect they would improve sonics. There is a fairly recent thread on another forum that discusses coffee tables and many members did not find it affected the sound too much, but others did. Anyway, enjoy the system. That looks like a great space to sit, relax and listen to music.
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Magico speakers seem to gravitate towards fireplaces. Even the Magico marketing material often shows their speakers standing next to fireplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Magico speakers seem to gravitate towards fireplaces. Even the Magico marketing material often shows their speakers standing next to fireplaces.

Too Funny. Love it, Darrel.

And for those who've spend all their money on Magico speakers . . . inexpensive alternatives abound! You can acquire this lovely "fireplace" for only $39.95 via the bay.

And for those who've spend all their money on Magico speakers . . . inexpensive alternatives abound! You can acquire this lovely "fireplace" for only $39.95 via the bay.

Good point Bart. So for those interested in someday owning Magico speakers a good starting place is first buying or building some kind of fireplace.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Naim x Magico (A3)