Q Sound
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Q Sound

Post Thanks / Like

Q Sound

Q Sound has been talked about before, and a few artists have recorded using this 90ís technology. Notably Sting, Roger Waters and Madonna come to mind.

The surround affect uses phase to trick the mind.

When the sound is coming from left and right side between me and the sound stage and I sit forward the sound shifts from 30 degrees to 45 degrees - and it makes it cooler.

Iím just curious if anyone has experienced this or where they hear the phase difference at.

It could be the recording, the equipment, room or even speaker placement, just curious.

My room is tuned, and my speaker placement is line revealing solid placement but I must admit listening to Madonnas Vogue is awesome when sitting up the few inches to snap in at 45 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpointís Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: DíAgostino Pre-Amplifier to DíAgostino Momentum Monoís driving Wilson Alexiaís
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q Sound

When I first heard it on a Roger Waters CD there was a dog barking in the background on a track. And I kept looking out my window to see the dog. That stuff will mess with your head.
    Speakers: Magico A3 with Cardas Clear Cygnus speaker cables
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST, Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Preamp: NAD M12 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Lunin T2 Cardas Cat7 Ethernet cable Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem Supra Cat8 Ethernet cables
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205 Cardas Clear Cygnus power cable, XLR interconnect
    Subs: SVS SB1000 x 2 AudioQuest NRG-Y2 power cable
    HTPC/Streamer: Windows 10pro HTPC//Tital/Qobuz/JRivers via Roon Core USB/HDMI/iPad Pro
    Power Conditioner: Monster HTS5000,VanEvers model 85 Reference line cleaner, AudioQuest Niagra 1000 line conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you regarding Madonna's Vogue. It is a tune I don't particularly care for but the effects with Q Sound are impressive.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

I have an album by Sting in QSound as well.
    Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Mivera PurePower SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - Hegel H190 Integrated Amp/DAC, Integra DPS 6.9 Transport, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - Sherbourn Pre-1, Emotiva XPA 200 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Rel Q150 sub