Misho Myronov tube wooden preamp! - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Misho Myronov tube wooden preamp!

Excellent. Can’t wait for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by adamaley View Post
    Anxiously awaiting receipt of mine sometime around the end of this month/beginning of next month.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We are so happy you are getting the recognition you deserve.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-Antiquary View Post
    Thank you guys for a kind words.
    Really makes me happy!

Need it while working on a new amps for sure
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

3. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Likes Audio-Antiquary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-Antiquary View Post
    Thank you guys for a kind words.
    Really makes me happy!

Need it while working on a new amps for sure
    Joe told me how incredible the pre-amps and amps are. That tells me all I need to know.

Congratulations on some very fine products!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Audio Mirror SET 45s; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Tiki; W4S Recovery; Focal Clear; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Randy, it’s easy when they are this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Joe told me how incredible the pre-amps and amps are. That tells me all I need to know.

Congratulations on some very fine products!
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Absolutely Sean.

I can’t use the GAT2 on half my amps because its gain is just way too high. The Misho preamp is probably one third the gain but exhibits all the great qualities of the GAT2, and then goes above and beyond.
    The low gain is one of the main reasons I'm looking to try the WoodenPreamp. I've recently tried a Coincident Statement Linestage in between my Lampizator Golden Gate 2 DAC and my Line Magnetic 508ia integrated amp. Unfortunately when one uses the 508ia strictly as an amp the preamp stage is not bypassed, which means the 6sn7s and 6sl7 are still in play. Coupled with the fact that my favorite output tube in the Golden Gate is the very high gain KR242, having the Coincident Linestage in between was a difficult affair. I liked a lot of what the Coincident added to the system - extra detail, deep, tight bass, increased solidity of images and deeper wider soundstage. At the bare minimum, I expect the same from the WoodenPreamp and hopefully a greater sense of ease and less forwardness with the lower gain. Anything beyond that will be icing on the cake.

7. Likes joeinid, Audio-Antiquary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hate when amplification is wasted. First - too much amplification, than - too much attenuation.
    The WoodenPre is designed to provide with the necessary amplification, but no more. With the headroom if needed.

9. Likes adamaley liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously you know what you are doing.

As a bonus, especially for me, the Wooden preamp works superbly with my other amps as well.
    Joe

11. Likes Audio-Antiquary, adamaley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys + Misho - can someone say what the gain is for the WoodenPreamp?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m trying to find it, I think I was told but about 8-11 dB is about right.

I hope Misho responds with the right gain number.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Low gain - only 6 dB.
    In most of the cases it's more than enough - todays sources usually have a quite high output signal levels, and in most of the cases normal listening position of the attenuaror is around 7-8 oclock, which is simply a waste. Remember - attenuators are logarifmical.
    I have a version of a pre amp with more gain - when source level is low, and the power amp has low sensitivity. It's build around C3g tube.
    But it's hardly needed usually. Had build only two so far - one was a prototype, and second was build for a friend with a very complex setup with a wide variety of the amps.

So, c3m pre amp has a gain of 6 dB, high input impedance and low output impedance.

Perfect match for a modern sources and practically any power amplifier.

15. Likes adamaley liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast