Misho Myronov tube wooden preamp! - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Misho Myronov tube wooden preamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-Antiquary View Post
    Thank you dear Etor!

Tube rolling is a big fun, and despite the fact that my amps are using not very common tubes, there are still be a place for it.

Rectifier can be ez80 or ez81, there are wide selection of the makers.
    Only three C3m makers as far as I'm aware of - Siemens, Telefunken and Lorenz.
    Thanks, Misho. I didn't mean to insinuate that the preamp doesn't accept EZ80s, rather that the RFT EZ81 is significantly preferred over the RFT EZ80 in my system. I used bad wording there.

I'm yet to try a Lorenz C3M - I need to get my hands on a pair.

2. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Likes Audio-Antiquary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I'm absolutely sure that you love the Wooden Pre with its stock tubes, and I do know and understand that tube rolling is a very fun process, and often can help to ajust the overal sound to very best.
    As a builder I'm using the best posdible tubes I can obtain in quantities, so I'm leaving the fun of tube rolling to my friends - the Wooden Amp users

Misho

Post Thanks / Like

Received a stock of Telefunken C3Ms yesterday. Wanted some spares, and also wanted to see if the non-engraved logo versions (supposedly from a different time period) sound different than the engraved ones I already have.

5. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to hear about sound difference!
    Also, the different year of production, or plant the tubes were made on can affect the sound dramatically.
    In case of such a special tubes as C3m or C3g the differencies should not be huge, but...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand, C3g should NOT be used. The voltage requirement is different and it will burn up in the preamp designed for the C3m.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

8. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    From what I understand, C3g should NOT be used. The voltage requirement is different and it will burn up in the preamp designed for the C3m.
    Absolutely correct! This is a different tubes, despite being quite close.
    Different filament voltage - C3m has unusual 20V filament (heater), and C3g has more typical 6.3V filament.
    C3m and C3g has more differencies, including pinout.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Misho for posting that for us to read. Extremely important.

Please keep up the great work you do and wishing you continued success in all you do and create.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

11. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Likes Audio-Antiquary, Paul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much!

I'm happy that people around the Globe using my amps, and really like my work.
    It's really inspiring!

13. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Paul liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul and I have to be honest Misho, after trying many different pieces of gear and being disappointed, we always come back home to your Wooden combo. Ultimate satisfaction.
    Joe

15. Thanks Audio-Antiquary thanked for this post
    Likes Audio-Antiquary, Paul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!!

17. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Paul liked this post

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast