The New Pass Int-25 - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New Pass Int-25

Ahhh, if my amp is on, I'm at least streaming. I never really just leave the amp on without music playing. I'm always running music through an amp that's on. And yes, low volume on first turn on, gradually getting to my preferred listening level.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

I just raised the question to Kent at Pass Labs (what a guy, he responded to email on a Friday evening). He says there is no harm in warming up the amp with no load, although they have detected a slight improvement in their audio shows with streaming vs no streaming. Warming up amps with no speaker load is mostly a tube amp thing - not a good idea for the toobs.

3. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, all the components in the system (in my case for my near field listening rig workstation / studio: MSB Dac, PS Audio BHK Pre, SIT-3, Harbeth P3ESR) will also benefit from the warm up. So, you are doing it the right way. I agree, the SIT-3 is amazing and mesmerizing..........enjoy

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

SIT-3 and P3esr is supposed to be an awesome combination.

I figure if my system is on, might as well play some tunes.
    Joe

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the int 25 sound quite a bit different from the int 250? If you read reviews of both, it's almost like they're not even made by the same company. Evidently there is no Pass "signature sound". But I've read they are both top notch stuff.

Tom

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

XA25 is superb. I’m sure the Int-25 is as well. If I remember correctly, the XA25 is based off the XS series amps. You might absolutely love the Int-25 on your Harbeth Super HL5 speakers. It’s a powerful little amp.

My thoughts are the bigger or the more inefficient speaker, the bigger the amp. Meaning, no need to overdo the combo. Sometimes you can finesse better sound out of a smaller, sweeter amp.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Does the int 25 sound quite a bit different from the int 250? If you read reviews of both, it's almost like they're not even made by the same company. Evidently there is no Pass "signature sound". But I've read they are both top notch stuff.

Tom

I'm playing now on INT-25 and reviewed a few years ago Int-60 and INT-250. So for me ... Int250 is the best, Int25 second ,and Int60 on the end.
    Marcin

9. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Oly liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Marcin.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoundRebels View Post
    I'm playing now on INT-25 and reviewed a few years ago Int-60 and INT-250. So for me ... Int250 is the best, Int25 second ,and Int60 on the end.

Marcin, one person told me they thought the top end on the int 60 was "sweeter sounding" vs the int 250. Would you agree with that or not? I've never heard an int 250 so I can't comment. However, almost all reviews I've read on the int 250 were overwhelmingly positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Marcin, one person told me they thought the top end on the int 60 was "sweeter sounding" vs the int 250. Would you agree with that or not? I've never heard an int 250 so I can't comment. However, almost all reviews I've read on the int 250 were overwhelmingly positive.
    Not in my system ;-) For me 60 was much more analytical and on the colder side of neutrality than 250 and 25
    Marcin

13. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3