Has digital audio plateaued? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has digital audio plateaued?

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Just remember, today is the youngest you will ever be.
    yeah and I've got more miles behind me that ahead ..........
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

This hobby is filled with “across the board” options that keep coming in quality and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    This hobby is filled with “across the board” options that keep coming in quality and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. The digital juggernaut is rolling on and the advances are welcome where they translate to greater enjoyment of musical reproduction.
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

My 70 year old ears love my Lumin X1. I am sure as time goes by there will be incremental improvement in digital audio, but it is pretty darn good now.
    Bud

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

5. Likes wklie, UltraFast69, Jack, Ritmo, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Say what? They were still doing Analog dac upgrades last year - it came out 6-7 years ago.
    Upgrade to what? A Discrete?
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post

I am not familiar with the MSB Technology range of DACs. Are they upgradable via software or do you need to buy completely new boxes each time?
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I am not familiar with the MSB Technology range of DACs. Are they upgradable via software or do you need to buy completely new boxes each time?
    That's the question.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    New renderer card with Roon endpoint and MQA support. Also a firmware upgrade was made available in March of this year.

If your point is that MSB doesn’t replace its ldder dacs inside of its machines, that isn’t part of the bargain with any dac on the market.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ 47 Labs MC Bee cart, MSB Premier DAC --> Music First Baby Reference v2 --> Audio Research Ref 75SE --> DeVore Fidelity Gibbon X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    New renderer card with Roon endpoint and MQA support. Also a firmware upgrade was made available in March of this year.

If your point is that MSB doesn’t replace its ldder dacs inside of its machines, that isn’t part of the bargain with any dac on the market.
    It is with Schiit. Next to firmware updates of DSP filters, they do replace older DAC hardware to fully update older models to new ones, at a fraction of the cost for a new DAC.

Post Thanks / Like

Aqua dacs are designed to be upgraded that way.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1 , Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast